You are not West Indian if yuh nevah

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
You are not Bajan if you

Don't know what a "Johnny" is.
Never jump in a band for crop over or congaline.
Never eat bread fruit or flying fish
Never use the term "den" at the end of a sentence.Don't know what "prickle" mean.
Don't know Barbados National Anthem
Never eat pelau.
lol...so true....

u not west indian if u dont kno how to give confusing directions.....

Lil Red Bull

you are not trini if you never cancelled plans because of rain even when it's going to be indoors. Rain is also a legitimate reason to miss work at home in Trinidad
you are not trini if you do not know how to RAMAJAY and DINGOLAY.
you are not trini if you can't remember the days when the 'dollar wine' was it and Blue Boy ruled the Road March.
you are not trini if you do not refer to all salt crackers as "Crix".
you are not trini if you do not pronounce words in singular, even though it's meant to be plural. ex. " ah goin to ah Leaf game" or " pass me meh pant"
you are not trini if you do not say"FLIM" (film), "AXE" (ask) or "PITIAH"(picture), "STATELLITE" (satellite), "CUTLASH" (cutlass)
you are not trini if you do not know the meaning of the word wajang
but wait...last week when it was pouring,ah mean monsooning, i jump ina cab an hear de cab driver tell meh...oh in my country we woulda stay in bed for this weather...so i say yea? where u from? he says jamaica. that made my day.lmaooooooooooooooo

oh an yuh aint a trini if u dont have a cutlass or two in yuh house....for just in case purposes.lmao

Lil Red Bull

lol...so true....

u not west indian if u dont kno how to give confusing directions.....

for real... so my aunt was tellin me how west indians give bass ackwards directions...so my grandmudda chime in an say i ever tell u anything so schupid? my aunt say Yes...u tell me go down flatbush,you gine see a lady,give her this...

you go down make a left...not the first red house,de second one. (de whole block was red houses) west indians i tell ya...

spicet

yuh not a Grenadian if...

yuh never cook ah oildown on the beach

yuh dont call all dish washing liquid "Squeezy"

yuh neva play ah Jab

Guyanese_Princess

life is beautiful
You getting there, but you still not explain "eye pass".
It Goes along with strew teeth.
Alright I had to google eye pass just to be certain I capture all the nuances of the term but please tell me what is strew teeth. :confused

Eye-pass is the quintessentially Guyanese term which basically means disrespect. There are of course no written rules governing its usage. However, the methodology of usage usually signifies the level of disrespect perceived by the user. In the following examples, the bold lettering indicates the point of emphasis in the statement:

This is eye-pass -- Routine disrespect. Usually non-threatening.
Yuh eyes pass me -- An adult chastising a moderately disrespectful child.
Yuh tekkin' yuh eyes and pass me -- An adult chastizing a very disrespectful child.
This eye-pass gat to done NOW!! -- Bloodshed a distinct possibility in the near future

Guyanese_Princess

life is beautiful
You guyanese and you dont know what is eye pass? do you know what a prakash is? how bout simotoo? do you know what nara is?
I left Guyana as a child so compared to you I guess I am Guyanese lite. Lol but yes I know what is eye pass I just wanted to make sure I explained it properly. I know nara - When I was small, my grandmother put a bit of rice in a cloth and lit it then inverted a glass over it on my belly as treatment for that.

prakash and simotoo I have no idea what that means

cassette_craig

Plays Harder
I left Guyana as a child so compared to you I guess I am Guyanese lite. Lol but yes I know what is eye pass I just wanted to make sure I explained it properly. I know nara - When I was small, my grandmother put a bit of rice in a cloth and lit it then inverted a glass over it on my belly as treatment for that.

prakash and simotoo I have no idea what that means
prakash is anadda name fuh lamatah. (it was used mostly to describe indians)

simotoo is the sweet version of passion fruit.

Well sorry bout dat now yuh explain yuhself, i thought you were like masterflex always deh home and dont know wha butta buns or gangzie means. :rofl:

Suh when yuh coming fuh visit?

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
____________ (fill in the blank).

Or change it up and put in your country's name.

E.g.
Yuh not West Indian if yuh nevah ketch and hot water fi bathe.
U R not WEST INDIAN if you NEVER PITCHED MARBLE and PLAYED HIDE n SEEK.

YUHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEeeee

majik

Yuh in nah REAL bajan .. if
ya aint know the words to "JOHN GE DE COW WATER".
ya aint know wa "JOBBY' is.

yuh not west indian if yuh never bathe by a stand pipe in yuh bra and panty or fellas, in yuh shorts. And wash yuh crotches with one leg cock up and yuh shorts/panties still on.

yuh not west indian if yuh never bathe by a stand pipe in yuh bra and panty or fellas, in yuh shorts. And wash yuh crotches with one leg cock up and yuh shorts/panties still on.
DEAD :rofl:....

or every place yuh see it have nuff grass and trees and people aint passin through like that is ah toilet.....

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
:rofl:....

nah MCL...lol...i full water by a stand pipe already but i never bathe an cock up by de stand pipe...lol...