why do most black people do poorly in school?

C

CocoErotika

Hey Einstein, both engineering (fusion of art and science) and architecture emerged from the the visual arts. At one time it was the artists who designed buildings, weapons, and invented many of the things that we take for granted. It was artists who designed the pyramids, designed the first submarine, the first flying machines, and placed men on the moon.
did you really have to explain that?
yup the art of making a pefect incision, of diagnosing disorders, or mending muscle tissue and bone tendons. Not making a mural on the side of the check cashing place.

that's MD not PHD... now this convo is over with you. I have wasted time

dedetriniking

now you're saying exactly what I am saying....balance
Not quite....they compliment each other and work together to expand and develop the mind but without that foundation of basic academics all is lost. So yes once the learning neurons are ramped up..you bring the arts into the mix and they take flight....the mind accelerates its growth....but the foundation must be laid to develop a thirst for leaning...and IMHO that is what reading at a young age does.

TriniBob

From what I gather, you think black kids are inclined to performing arts ie, drama, dance music etc and not the liberal arts, natural philosophies (that is natural science) or physical philosophies (technology, engineering etc). For the record a PhD is not an "art" (i.e performance arts degree but you can get a PhD in performing arts theory or music theory! I believe the highest degree in performing arts is the MFA.) In any case, a PhD in most cases is a research degree that bestows on the candidate the title of Doctor of Philosophy (Philosophy as in the theoretic basis of the field) and moreso than that the latin phrase philosophiae doctoris (PhD) literally mean "teacher of philosophy" granting the candidate the right to teach and produce original research in the field. Furthermore, you have a lot of different classes of doctorates...eg: professional doctorates which include M.D and J.D. The term doctor comes from the latin "docere" which means to teach, that's why, PhDs, JDs, MDs etc can all rightfully and legally use the prefix Dr. (doctor).

In any case, let's say you do not have the term art conflated and the PhD is an "art" degree then why why aren't there more black PhD student and black PHDs???

So basically what you are saying here is that blacks don't have the brains for math and science...we are inherently stupid and only could do well in performance art and self expression. With this mentality alyuh still wondering why black kids don't do good in school. Hahahahahaha....this is the same thing slave owners said and I see the tradition still lives on in present day blacks mindset. Instead of confronting the real issues of poor parenting and wrong focus we decide that it's easier to make excuses and say no art program so the students uninspired to learn...go figure

MadamStatuesque

I can only be me....
Start in de fockin home... make dem read from young, instill the importance of education in them from young, etc. and you wont have this problem. thread done.

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
Start in de fockin home... make dem read from young, instill the importance of education in them from young, etc. and you wont have this problem. thread done.
sarry but this made be buss out laughing! lol

but I am sure the premise will be trashed somehow.......

TriniBob

No, black kids need an arts program. They are just uninspired in school because they ended the arts program.

MadamStatuesque

I can only be me....
sarry but this made be buss out laughing! lol

but I am sure the premise will be trashed somehow.......
cuz ah done say it and it like it is completely being overlooked. not every Black child needs to go to school to become a great doctor or lawyer. there's thousands, maybe even millions of black business owners, entrepreneurs, nurses, doctors, teachers, etc. that dont get recognition. why is that? and not every Black child needs to become the next big thing in the arts or sports. let them become focused on education and change their academic outlook before we start telling them what they as Black children need to focus on career wise.

Last edited:

LB

cuz ah done say it and it like it is completely being overlooked. not every Black child needs to go to school to become a great doctor or lawyer. there's thousands, maybe even millions of black business owners, entrepreneurs, nurses, doctors, teachers, etc. that dont get recognition. why is that? and not every Black child needs to become the next big thing in the arts or sports. let them become focused on education and change their academic outlook before we start telling them what they as Black children need to focus on.
yes, i agree with you and TriniBob. Just dont have energy to say anything more cause ppl too set in them ways and argue for the sake of arguing.

C

CocoErotika

From what I gather, you think black kids are inclined to performing arts ie, drama, dance music etc and not the liberal arts, natural philosophies (that is natural science) or physical philosophies (technology, engineering etc). For the record a PhD is not an "art" (i.e performance arts degree but you can get a PhD in performing arts theory or music theory! I believe the highest degree in performing arts is the MFA.) In any case, a PhD in most cases is a research degree that bestows on the candidate the title of Doctor of Philosophy (Philosophy as in the theoretic basis of the field) and moreso than that the latin phrase philosophiae doctoris (PhD) literally mean "teacher of philosophy" granting the candidate the right to teach and produce original research in the field. Furthermore, you have a lot of different classes of doctorates...eg: professional doctorates which include M.D and J.D. The term doctor comes from the latin "docere" which means to teach, that's why, PhDs, JDs, MDs etc can all rightfully and legally use the prefix Dr. (doctor).

In any case, let's say you do not have the term art conflated and the PhD is an "art" degree then why why aren't there more black PhD student and black PHDs???

So basically what you are saying here is that blacks don't have the brains for math and science...we are inherently stupid and only could do well in performance art and self expression. With this mentality alyuh still wondering why black kids don't do good in school. Hahahahahaha....this is the same thing slave owners said and I see the tradition still lives on in present day blacks mindset. Instead of confronting the real issues of poor parenting and wrong focus we decide that it's easier to make excuses and say no art program so the students uninspired to learn...go figure
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO
LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

all of that and you still dont comprehend...

mixitup

Its a few reasons why i think, one is that most education systems stuff every child into that academic box when some children are better at trades (with their hands) so many get frustrated and fail.. The other is parental support at home. Every parent should be on dey kid ass everyday about dey grades and what they've learned for the day. Most parents leave it to the teachers who have 15-20 other students to worry bout.

sankofaa

Hey Einstein, both engineering (fusion of art and science) and architecture emerged from the the visual arts. At one time it was the artists who designed buildings, weapons, and invented many of the things that we take for granted. It was artists who designed the pyramids, designed the first submarine, the first flying machines, and placed men on the moon.
artists who obviously had a command of geometry, physics, and basic math even in ancient times, how many of these "visual artists" can use their experience to do the same? How many have done so? Half can barely pass a high school algebra class.

sankofaa

pretty much, that shyt dont interest our kids, they need more music classes and creative writing, let the asians and white kids fool with that math shyt :rofl:

LB

pretty much, that shyt dont interest our kids, they need more music classes and creative writing, let the asians and white kids fool with that math shyt :rofl:
well since I have often argued that accounting is an art rather than a science I cool :grin:

Joedan

Hi, where can I find good UCAT tutors. It may well be online, so even better, the main thing is that the teachers are good!