why do most black people do poorly in school?

Ras_Apache

recent test scores showed that most blavk folkes failed the state test this year in nyc. some schools only had 18% of the kids pass. there was only 1 school in MOST districts where more than 65% of the kids passed. the districts that had more than 1 school pass were predominantly white schools. schools in the hood...eny, brownsville etc had NO school passing!

in high school regents have been graded on a curve. in some cases a 38% actually is passing. 38 equals 65!

half the students graduating high school need to take remedial classes in college!!

C

CocoErotika

recent test scores showed that most blavk folkes failed the state test this year in nyc. some schools only had 18% of the kids pass. there was only 1 school in MOST districts where more than 65% of the kids passed. the districts that had more than 1 school pass were predominantly white schools. schools in the hood...eny, brownsville etc had NO school passing!

in high school regents have been graded on a curve. in some cases a 38% actually is passing. 38 equals 65!

half the students graduating high school need to take remedial classes in college!!
how many times are we gonna go over this? The answer is not gonna change. In fact I really dont think most care about the answer. you just want to point your fingers at black americans AGAIN

Ras_Apache

how many times are we gonna go over this? The answer is not gonna change. In fact I really dont think most care about the answer. you just want to point your fingers at black americans AGAIN
west indians are doing equally poor in school.
the reason for the thread is awareness. some folks on here may not realize that there child attends a failing school and is getting a substandard education. some parents might be happy with their kids coming home with a 90 average not realizing that their childs 90 average maybe only really a 75...depending on the school that they go to.

C

CocoErotika

Because the schools are not catering to the needs of the children. Black children like the arts. they have eliminated the arts. black kids want to express themselves via writings, music and artwork.

they need alternatives ways of teaching (i.e apprenticeship)

IslandmixUSA

Dragon Singh
Because DUMB urban people continue to support the democratic party who is in bed with the babysitters union opps I meant to say the teachers union .. City school around the country are failing and no one cares . This is one of the reason why I moved out of NYC

marabunta

Teaching Black People to Read and Write was NEVER in the White Man plans:
Alabama Archives: Slave code of 1833

Missmayling

because dumb urban people continue to support the democratic party who is in bed with the babysitters union opps i meant to say the teachers union .. City school around the country are failing and no one cares . This is one of the reason why i moved out of nyc
+1

sankofaa

Because the schools are not catering to the needs of the children. Black children like the arts. they have eliminated the arts. black kids want to express themselves via writings, music and artwork.

arts don't build structures, don't resolve balance sheets and they don't cure the sick. Black kids need to apply themselves and learn every aspect of what makes a thriving society. There needs to be an abundance of black artchitects, doctors, scientists and engineers and they need to know math. Not just artists athletes and photographers who start sites like whatspoppin.net.

vote KOFAA

marabunta

arts don't build structures, don't resolve balance sheets and they don't cure the sick. Black kids need to apply themselves and learn every aspect of what makes a thriving society. There needs to be an abundance of black artchitects, doctors, scientists and engineers and they need to know math. Not just artists athletes and photographers who start sites like whatspoppin.net.

vote KOFAA
This will NEVER HAPPEN in America under the White Man's Current FAILING Economic System!

C

CocoErotika

vote KOFAA
those that wanna be those those things...will be. and some who even start out as doctors. lawyers, etc end up in the arts as well because that is there there heart is. a former corporate lawyer is the owner of media tkae out.

hil harper went to harvard law.

I know of doctors who also have clothing lines.

sankofaa

those that wanna be those those things...will be. and some who even start out as doctors. lawyers, etc end up in the arts as well because that is there there heart is. a former corporate lawyer is the owner of media tkae out.

hil harper went to harvard law.

I know of doctors who also have clothing lines.
They either werent successful in those fields or theyre doing us all a disservice. They have a profession, but instead of educating youth that probably have no clue what they do to even spark an interest, they start gay celeb trash talking sites and feed those same youths more trash than theyre already being fed.

There will never be a viable black country or even city until there are an abundance of blacks that specialize in needs and innovation, not fluff.

vote KOFAA

MadamStatuesque

I can only be me....
Simple: Education isn't a focus in many of these kids homes. Gone are the days of helping with homework, no fancy clothes and shoes unless the grades were up to par, no taking away of electronic devices if assignments weren't completed, no rewards for academic success, etc.

A lot of these kids get spoiled as hell now anyway so they prob figure "Why apply myself? I will get what I want anyway."

A lot of these parents are just babies themselves, don't know what the hell they're doing, barely scraped by themselves to get an education, or have a messed up home atmosphere.

And then you have the parents that tell/teach their kids that they "ain't sh!t" because they "ain't sh!t" themselves.

Then the kids that are smart but lazy, some looking for the easy way out, etc.

Couple that with a system that wasn't designed for "us" to make it through nor one that could care less if we do, some teachers that could give a f*ck if the students pass or fail, some sh!t teaching methods, and what do you get?

The dummies for the "future" we have now.

Last edited:
C

CocoErotika

They either werent successful in those fields or theyre doing us all a disservice. They have a profession, but instead of educating youth that probably have no clue what they do to even spark an interest, they start gay celeb trash talking sites and feed those same youths more trash than theyre already being fed.

There will never be a viable black country or even city until there are an abundance of blacks that specialize in needs and innovation, not fluff.

vote KOFAA
what a lot of assumptions and accusations. you're missing the point. the point is about doing well in SCHOOL. obviously they did well in school to become professionals.

and you dont know that they werent educating youth. that's assumptions. there are MANY community programs. kids dont want to go into those fields because they are not interested. forcing science and tech on kids because there is shortage of black whatsoevers is a recipe for failure and misery.

and fluff is a business like any other

success is doing what you want to do and being good at it... no matter what it is.

Will Smith turned down MIT. Black folks can do anything history has proven that. it just a matter of picking what we WANT to do

Last edited:

Oneshot

where de crix

i disagree with you when it comes to the arts statement, engineering and science is core, and you a bordering on inferring that amplitude in disciplines is determined by race.

i agree with the apprenticiship program.. i was reading somewhere that they are re introducing it in some states but some parents are worried it is circumvented the kids from attending college, cause they start making money earlier

sankofaa

what a lot of assumptions and accusations. you're missing the point. the point is about doing well in SCHOOL. obviously they did well in school to become professionals.

and you dont know that they werent educating youth. that's assumptions. there are MANY community programs. kids dont want to go into those fields because they are not interested. forcing science and tech on kids because there is shortage of black whatsoevers is a recipe for failure and misery.

and fluff is a business like any other

success is doing what you want to do and being good at it... no matter what it is.

Will Smith turned down MIT. Black folks can do anything history has proven that. it just a matter of picking what we WANT to do
black people have no time for that, its what we NEED to do to, not what we want. A community of artists cant create jobs on a massive scale, and its too bad will smith didnt go to MIT instead of cooning in his movies.

check central brooklyns black business percentage and property percentage and compare that to the percentage of the population that is black. Its comical, and the reason whites will take it all back. Bad schools, and black youth who either lack the knowledge to be anything other than musicians, artists, athletes, actors and chefs or theyre lazy and they believe thats the easiest road to success.

C

CocoErotika

i disagree with you when it comes to the arts statement, engineering and science is core, and you a bordering on inferring that amplitude in disciplines is determined by race.

i agree with the apprenticiship program.. i was reading somewhere that they are re introducing it in some states but some parents are worried it is circumvented the kids from attending college, cause they start making money earlier
we discuss amplitude and deficits in disciplines by race all the time.

the lack of black doctors, engineers, etc
the dominace of asians and middle easterners in science and tech fields
the lack of blacks in hockey
the dominance of blacks in basketball

engineering and science is core for what and whom? you cant force someone to be something they dont want to be.

our kids have gifts and talents in many things that need to be explored. whether it be science, arts, technology.

whatever gifts and talents they have need to be cultivated to maximixe them as individuals. they need to be shown how they can take those talents and gifts and capitalize from them for personal & financial growth and economic stimulation.

teach them to find their own path and blaze their own trails than walk down someone elses beaten road

C

CocoErotika

black people have no time for that, its what we NEED to do to, not what we want. A community of artists cant create jobs on a massive scale, and its too bad will smith didnt go to MIT instead of cooning in his movies.

check central brooklyns black business percentage and property percentage and compare that to the percentage of the population that is black. Its comical, and the reason whites will take it all back. Bad schools, and black youth who either lack the knowledge to be anything other than musicians, artists, athletes, actors and chefs or theyre lazy and they believe thats the easiest road to success.

you're not thinking... will smith owns production company that employs people hence job creation. if he went to MIT he probably would have been a salaried employee of someone else's company which is what school teaches you to become.

dedetriniking

I will read the rest of the responses later because i don't have time right now and this is an absolutely important topic. It is simple; it all starts in the home. Parents need to read to their kids even before they are out of the crip. Get young kids interested in books and half the battle is over. This is where black parents are failing their kids.

I recently had the opportunity to tour a couple elementary schools for the gifted and talented in New York city. These are public schools but with excellent accelerated programs for kids who have tested in the 97% and above in the gifted exam. With a school system that is 70% minority there was about 5-10% representation of minority kids in these schools. They were 90% asian and white. Few schools in the NY public school system has that kind of ethnic distribution and its only these top tier schools that do....it really is telling. I was there on behalf of two youngsters in my family and I know for a fact that from day one their parents were on a mission to get these kids interested in reading and at 3 years old they were already reading books and had shelves and shelves of them in their room.
It starts in the home.

sankofaa

you're not thinking... will smith owns production company that employs people hence job creation. if he went to MIT he probably would have been a salaried employee of someone else's company which is what school teaches you to become.

Really??

So most Presidents and CEOS didnt go to school??

And how many black people does will smith employ? And what trade are those people learning that will contribute to an idependent black society or even society period??