what was ur favourite subjects in high school

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
high school??? frack

what I liked was English and Physics and Art History

what I was a rock star in were Math, economics and Social Studies.

KimmyK

Waiting on my spaceship..
Yuh like de money then. I did ACCA Level 1 and hated it.
Only a couple nice Asian made it worthwhile.
smh,

i actually really enjoy it.See myself doing it fuh de rest ah mi life....for me its a piece ah cake..

LB

that's the thing ppl dont get....many times accounting is a blasitd art and not a science at all. You have to be hella creative to make some shyt work on paper.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
my brother loves accounts.. lol.. i never did that.. i kinda learned it on my own for future reference and then at a job as an accounting assistant 0_o

Steupz

that's the thing ppl dont get....many times accounting is a blasitd art and not a science at all. You have to be hella creative to make some shyt work on paper.
Use that sophistry on people who never study it.
There is no art in accounts, unless you consider manipulating IAS's an art.

And even then you're more inclined to follow precedent than rush in de people books with yuh own interpretations.

LB

Use that sophistry on people who never study it.
There is no art in accounts, unless you consider manipulating IAS's an art.

And even then you're more inclined to follow precedent than rush in de people books with yuh own interpretations.
not true at all. Accounting is bound by GAAP rules and applying those principles is like studying law.

You can spend an entire day debating how a transcation should be handled because you interpret the rules differently than a next accountant. As long as you can argue your choice of what you debit or credit in a court of law, then you good......and that my love, is an art form. You are not violating or manipulating anything outside what you are bound by.......so yes, you are allowed to intrepret certain GAAP rules as long as you can defend your position.

you have to go beyond level 1 accounting courses to see that. I spend more time discussing my application of accounting principles than I do making an actual entry on a spreadsheet.

Steupz

you have to go beyond level 1 accounting courses to see that. I spend more time discussing my application of accounting principles than I do making an actual entry on a spreadsheet.
This would have been an interesting discussion, I thought, then you wrote the above... tsk tsk.
I'll let it go now, lol.

TriniTrini

Unique woman
I really liked learning every subject like others said. Just interesting to learn about new things.

And those who said they liked Food and Nutrition I really did too. For that class half of the class took Food and Nutrition and the other half something else. When we cooked the other half would look forward to the food. That was fun times. :beach:

T

Toppa_Toppa

History and Literature in Secondary school, Sources of Social Theory in Undergrad and then International Criminal/Humanitarian Law in post grad.

Last edited:

Georgeflash

Who feels it knows it!
My favorite time in high school was recess and when the bell rang announcing the end of that day's round of torture.