What happen to the soca scene in brooklyn?

mkdfootball

THE AMERICAN SOCA LOVER.
Next time

Ok THE VID I POSTED was the pj jam and it was about 15 min to 4am....i dont call that social...its because they were a lil tired going all out all nite
THE NEXT TIME U DECIDE TO PUT UP A VIDEO MAKE IT A LIVE ONE LIKE THE OTHER PERSON WHO POSTED A VIDEO. I THOUGHT U WERE TRYING TO MAKE A CASE FOR Y THE SOCA SCENE IS DYING IN BROKLYN.:stinker:

mkdfootball

THE AMERICAN SOCA LOVER.
Where is the sound?

you right most sod's don't look like that they look like this

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fnqa5vm8qok&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fnqa5vm8qok&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
where is the sound

TRINEE007

THAT VIDEO IS MY POINT. HE PLAYING GOOD TUNES EVERYONE LOOK lackadaisical. IF U NOTICE THE CAMERA IS ONLY POINTING AT THE STAGE. WHEN EVER U GET A LITTLE GLIMPSE INTO THE CROWD. U SEE MINIMAL MOVEMENTS. I NEVER SAID THE CLUB DONT GET PACKED. I SAY THEY DONT DO ISH. CASE AND POINT.:search:

With the way people fanning themselves (deh club hot), you must see minimal movements. If it was the base, then you know they raise deh heat in the club to make ppl flock to deh bar. Plus the little glimpse to me is not a true representation of how ppl can get on in a fete.

I hear reading all the post and I can only say that price/lack of venue/and lack of good promoters is the real reason Bklyn fetes have gone down in the dumps.

The caribbean community in Bklyn eed to unite and have a large venues like the past, because If we only have The Base/C-PAC/and other small clubs to go to, you will never get the good soca artiste to comeback.

Why can't these mas camps come together and build a club. I see it to be a smart investment, but you will definitely need supervision over the money, but at least when it come time for Labor day, they won't have to worry about venues to hold deh ting.

Also, why is it that the boat ride scene seems to be falling off also...I can go on and on, but it will just remain the same.

bdizzygfc

Definately dont believe the boat ride scene is falling off, its just that boatrides is only for spring/summer.....R.I.P to Wet Fete ever since the Ark sell off and KC Hideaway is no longer outdoor...and what ever happened to Socarama in Floyd Bennet Field?? I could definately use one of those this summer.

PUSHA

definately dont believe the boat ride scene is falling off, its just that boatrides is only for spring/summer.....r.i.p to wet fete ever since the ark sell off and kc hideaway is no longer outdoor...and what ever happened to socarama in floyd bennet field?? I could definately use one of those this summer.
socarama or gloww

4mydawgz

Definately dont believe the boat ride scene is falling off, its just that boatrides is only for spring/summer.....R.I.P to Wet Fete ever since the Ark sell off and KC Hideaway is no longer outdoor...and what ever happened to Socarama in Floyd Bennet Field?? I could definately use one of those this summer.
I think the place they had it last year was nice. Just poorly put together. If they can put some money into making it look right with a nice stage, I think it would work.

archiedogg

GLAD u guys brought this up....

This is a new thread started by a new comer to island mix. I have started this thread because ludacris 81, bklynpyscho, sugarapple268 and i are wondering what happen to the party animals.

I use to go to a soca fete (party) and be drained of every once of energy i had, cause everyone was there for one purpose. To party and have a good time. In recent history that has not been the case.

When i first started

im a virtually newbie to this soca thing i jumped on bored about 2002-2003. Ludacris81 was the one who put me on. At first i was a little hesitant cause i didnt really understand the music or what they were saying. I did love the energy and atmosphere. No fighting or gun busting or bottle splashing. So i decided to give it a chance, and im glad i did. I started learning and understanding. The more i did the more i loved it.

The good times

when i was at a soca fete or concert with the likes of allison hinds, machel montano, destra garcia, bunji garlin and whoever else came to brooklyn. It was great cause you had the powder posse the water posse ( which consisited of people who throw there water in the air instead of drinking it) the different groups. The crowd movers you know the groups that would open up the middle of a crowded dance floor. Those times were fun you could jump and wave and act a fool without someone being mad cause u pushed bumped or stepped on there shoes. That was a time if you knocked someone down you pick em up and laugh it off. That went for the women as well. I mean it was probably a women who pushed you to the floor. (that aint ever happen to me). You walk out of the party tired but happy. I remember when i went to a fete and the people who wanted to chill were on the wall or in the back. Thats where they should stay.

The present day.

Today when i go to soca fete people stand around and look at each other like there in a museum. People dont come to party they come to style and profile. For what reason i dont know. They dont come to dance or sweat. I actually asked a women y did u come here tonite. Oh just to chill. I say if you want to chill stayin your house and open a bottle of wine and cut on the miles davis (that's a jazz musician). Or at least if you have to go out go to a bar or lounge not to a party, club, fete or concert. I actually had aperson tell me i didnt come to a wete fete to get wet. How crazy is that?

Conclusion

i know this was a long introduction to a new thread. I thought it was neccessary. So you know y i started this new thread. Last but not least i want everyone reading this to comment on what i wrote and leave there thoughts on what they think of the soca scene in brooklyn.

See ya!!!!

Mkdfootball
I myself for a very long time have been serously wondering about this... i mean everybody like dey get stush & duz only breakway wehn they in other carnivals , esp MIA & Trinidad of course... wha gwan wit dat?! D real party animalz need to ring back a vibe... seems like when i get back up north i will have to link mu team ( DEM BOYZ ) and alarm d scene n handle dat PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinks:

trinipicses

sexytrinipisces
I definately agree with this statement... we was talkin about this over the weekend.... the thing with boatrides its only a seasonal thing... n KC Hideaway... he not keeping parties in the winter cuz that place ehco's and vibrates...lol... so thats a negative only other places i could think of to hold good parties since its cold is williamsburg area but they bussin price on ppl n the ppl in that area tryin to build back up the community so with ppl fighting n getting on stupid in these fetes the only place its gonna go is out the door since cops shutting down everything.... house parties not even happening anymore... just now i may have to fly out of town to go good fete... its sad yo:(:(

one_belle

lame.

this thread is so disappointing! I don't live in NY but I'll be there for the summer and I was looking forward to the soca scene being... well propa soca! Alyuh leh we know when somebody find a propa fete!!

Mr. Slackness

Mr. Desir
I also don't believe the boat ride scene is falling off.....I think the best parties are the boat rides. I made my start on my uncle's boat ride in 1998....I had the time of my life and never looked back since. I wasn't old enough to go to the clubs back in the day and when I was, I had no ride to head to places like the Ark or KC....but I think the soca scene can be revived, all the crews that do nothing that get on bad need to get together and think of party designed ONLY for the mad men/women that love to get on bad from night till morning!!!!

And I also agree...cops are fiending to shut parties down, but we need to weed out the ################heads and dumb ####################es who fight for no reason and mess up the parties for everyone.

And I think Floyd Bennet Field would be a great place for an outdoor concert or wet fete.....or even Prospect Park if possible! (What you think?) The promoters just need to come together and get things on point!

soca cowboy

THE BATTLE FOR EVERYTHING
in NY, every sound and crew is greedy and too busy trying to make a name for they own selfish selves instead of joining forces to put together a true 100% pure soca movement like what they have kicking in Toronto

so instead its a bunch of badminded dancehall and obnoxious Hot97 hip hop out de speakers because everyone trying to be a celebrity

mkdfootball

THE AMERICAN SOCA LOVER.
Exactly

Thank you for writing that about the promoters. Another reason is the people who show up at the party are the same way. Posing for pictures like this is a model show and not a party

bklynpsycho

Soca Psycho
Thank you for writing that about the promoters. Another reason is the people who show up at the party are the same way. Posing for pictures like this is a model show and not a party
Speaking of that ever since those picture club websites like 7days7night people just don't wanna come out and dance like they used to in fact I can't stand to see people tap the shoulder of a camera man feening for their pic to be taken. Back when a fête was really bad you had no time to stop to take pics nor you didn't want to because it soul stump the vibe that you have. Wow look how times have change.

Yanktrini

http://thustytroupe.com
DE SOCA SCENE COULD NEVER DIE IN BROOKLYN! What is dying very fastly is de club scene, what is killing de club scene is de crowd and de djs in my opinion.

De crowd when it comes to de club an it has bin stated earlier is de stushness! dat is de gun... ladies... yes ya come to look nice, ya do ya hair an ting, doh come to pose off dis is not a fashion show... of course de fellas comin to wine... if de ladies not wining den there is de problem, i doh care bout, age or what island ya come from i want a wine... De fellas... when dey know a party rell popular dey does come by de hundreds an it does be too much stones in de fete... daz a problem, de next ting is de attitude... every man jack is a gunta an want to fight... dey doh come to wine an doh truly love de music, problem!

Djs... now i know alot of them so nobody catch no horrors.... there are many excellent djs out there, what makes a good dj for me? is all about tune selection, if i in an all soca party (an im in alot) i expect to hear tunes dat doh play on de radio, hits from de past dat go make de crowd say woooooooogoooooooooooodddddddd, so selection is # 1 for me, an i feel most djs fall into a rythm of what is playin on de radio or whats on thier serato playlist... de selection has gone out de window, being on de mic an sayin hey look look look look at meeee is more important...

Secondly is de runin back of tunes, we as customers, do not want to hear de same song 3 4 5 and 6 FLICKIN TIMES IN ONE NIGHT, I doh care how many djs on de card an who come at what time an doh know wha play already, is annoying an a crowd killer in any genere of music, and i believe de promoters doh care, cuz dey done get dey money... in all my time i have seen one party where on de flyer stated "no tune played twice"...

my solution to de club scene dying, BACK TO DE ROOTS
de best parties for me does be in a basement, not too many djs, girls comin to wine... de vibes juss sweet... an das not because Thusty Troupe does throw basment parties.... dey juss sweet, an wit proper security and all men on de guestlist... it does juss make de ting sweeter, no set of bacchanal, juss music, drinks, and winein...

Lil Red Bull

I also don't believe the boat ride scene is falling off.....I think the best parties are the boat rides. I made my start on my uncle's boat ride in 1998....I had the time of my life and never looked back since. I wasn't old enough to go to the clubs back in the day and when I was, I had no ride to head to places like the Ark or KC....but I think the soca scene can be revived, all the crews that do nothing that get on bad need to get together and think of party designed ONLY for the mad men/women that love to get on bad from night till morning!!!!

And I also agree...cops are fiending to shut parties down, but we need to weed out the ################heads and dumb ####################es who fight for no reason and mess up the parties for everyone.

And I think Floyd Bennet Field would be a great place for an outdoor concert or wet fete.....or even Prospect Park if possible! (What you think?) The promoters just need to come together and get things on point!
wet fete in prospect park? dat sounding relll good yuh kno.if any promoters ready this then u are goin to need a permit. the cops sure wont have a problem telling you that..... floyd bennet aint a bad choice either....

Lil Red Bull

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kXQKfUrS83Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kXQKfUrS83Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>
oh gosh stylz please send me dat via email. i aint kno there was a vid of pj jam....i kno im in it. gettting onnnnnnnnnn! lmao

theunknownone

I have to agree with yankintrini on that one the best parties I go to is house or basement parties where no one is their for a fashion show. As for as the djs go a lot of the promoters don't wont to give some djs a chance on the scene, They are a lot of djs I know that can spin a lot better than some of the ones I hear on the radio sometimes I wonder how some of them get on the air but I guess it is who you know. We need ghost crew, trample crew powder crew and de jumbies crew back on the scene. WHERE R U CREWS