What Are You Reading Now?

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
i am reading v.s. naipaul's "the middle passage". so far so good, although at times i drift off and have to re-read! there are also some funny parts!

S

Solidarity

Too much book an too likkle time!

See stickies above: Anthills, Manchild an ah gettin to yuh Wasp Factory just now... Also been readin Marimba Ani's "Yorugu" for the past six months and am only about 1/5 of de way through! :eek:

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
Re: Too much book an too likkle time!

In_Solidarity said:
See stickies above: Anthills, Manchild an ah gettin to yuh Wasp Factory just now... Also been readin Marimba Ani's "Yorugu" for the past six months and am only about 1/5 of de way through! :eek:
are you a fast reader? because i might change the discussion time to next week instead! (after the meet & greet!) i feel you should prioritize the book club selections and read "yorugu" another time :D you're only 1/5 way through it anyway! :p ;)

S

Solidarity

i's a slow fella in general but if the book is good then i can crank up the speed a bit. so, if changing the discussion time doesn't mess up anyone else's flow then the middle of next week would suit me fine.

i done prioritize de book chat selections already. in fact i had fallen into such a bad reading habit (can never find the time) that when this forum was launched i was really thankful and now hopefully it can get me back on track.

just so u know, "Yorugu" is some powerful stuff; so dependin on how dis club takes off or not, i might have to either skip a few or have allyuh incorporate it into de chat...

Rummy

Rum Aficionado/Soca-holic
I've just started reading a book called SHOCK by Robin Cook. So far it's a bit technical. For instance..."This time the penetration was limited to the zona pellucida, sparing the oocyte's cell membrane, and instead of suction being applied, a tiny voume of fluid was introduced into what's known as the perivitelline space."

Gosh I hope the whole thing isn't like that.

I just finished reading:

Cradle & All - James Patterson(my first time reading one of his books...i was not impressed)

Hornet's Nest - Patricia Cornwell(not one of her best mind you...her Kay Scarpetta books are much better)

trinipetty

Head Gone!
I am reading

P.G. County by Connie Briscoe...So good it's about upper class black families who live in P.G. County, Maryland. I could relate since I used to live in P.G. County myself so settings that are mentioned in the book I can place myselg there and follow the story thoroughly....Since I've been home sick all week..I must finish it.