Walking Dead Season 5

antiguad

Which also got me thinking...good thing Tyrese spared her. One dude whose bad side you definitely do NOT want to get on.

Tyrese just went HAM on those poor zombies.

rayt2009

Radiant Silvergun
Not gonna lie. I teared up during the reunion of Rick and Co / Carol and Tyrese. This was an awesome episode. And the easter egg at the end with an old familiar face still looking for rick from the first season had me geeked. Damn fine opener. Bout to go watch it again...

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
Walking dead knows how to do openers....but the middle of seasons can drag on....
This by far was the best season premier I've seen. IMO, Carol character development/progression is AMAZABalls! I'm adding her to my survival team if there is ever a zombie apocalypse.

TheEducator

This by far was the best season premier I've seen. IMO, Carol character development/progression is AMAZABalls! I'm adding her to my survival team if there is ever a zombie apocalypse.
Ever or as far as the Walking Dead goes?

It was a pretty good episode. They are going to regret not killing off the rest of terminus. I'm happy to see Morgan is back. He was always one of their more interesting characters.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
Ever or as far as the Walking Dead goes?

It was a pretty good episode. They are going to regret not killing off the rest of terminus. I'm happy to see Morgan is back. He was always one of their more interesting characters.
that sheriff/guy with the one eye look at how that turned out.
But they seem to be setting it up as a tale of cities or as i see it bad terminus & worse terminus aka kill em all. I hope they don't waste episodes on any terminus redemption ish like they did with that one eyed psycho.
Plus new villains needed Gareth? isn't nearly meaty enough.

Anyone still watches boardwalk empire truly pitiful how a formerly great show is limping out.

whoa there buddy!

But Carol was pretty great. In my mind her scenes was a Rambo tribute and I'm sticking to it!

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
But they seem to be setting it up as a tale of cities or as i see it bad terminus & worse terminus aka kill em all. I hope they don't waste episodes on any terminus redemption ish like they did with that one eyed psycho.

Anyone still watches boardwalk empire truly pitiful how a formerly great show is limping out.

whoa there buddy!

But Carol was pretty great. In my mind her scenes was a Rambo tribute and I'm sticking to it!
For this show.

triniameri

Hey Ms. Carter...
I am rushing home today to catch it ON DEMAND and I can't wait!...it's too many shows on Sunday and Monday... anybody following Resurrection? ...I am behind 2 or 3 shows with that and 1 behind on Sleepy Hollow.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
I am rushing home today to catch it ON DEMAND and I can't wait!...it's too many shows on Sunday and Monday... anybody following Resurrection? ...I am behind 2 or 3 shows with that and 1 behind on Sleepy Hollow.
the storyline is so fantastical?/ kinda ridiculous when trying to get someone to watch it
But I really enjoy that show lol

Seawall

Didn't know that it premiered last night. I've lost interest in the TV show (for fukking with the black characters), though I still read the original comic series.

antiguad

whoa there buddy!

I guess you never followed the Office.

I could barely even stomach the last 2 seasons. Truly a great comedy that just went flat (although it was going downhill before Steve Carell/Michael Scott left, it's decline was only hastened by it)

Also, True Blood, which was never a "great" show, was great popcorn entertainment, but went downhill after about season 5. I was in facebook fan group and by the last season I couldn't even find one person who cared enough to finish the damn season.

antiguad

Didn't know that it premiered last night. I've lost interest in the TV show (for fukking with the black characters), though I still read the original comic series.
They no longer have the "one main black male at a time" rule lol.

There's been at least 2 main black males for the past season, along with a couple black females.

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
I guess you never followed the Office.

I could barely even stomach the last 2 seasons. Truly a great comedy that just went flat (although it was going downhill before Steve Carell/Michael Scott left, it's decline was only hastened by it)

Also, True Blood, which was never a "great" show, was great popcorn entertainment, but went downhill after about season 5. I was in facebook fan group and by the last season I couldn't even find one person who cared enough to finish the damn season.
i watched both of those

TB was truly 'hate watch'. The office i just started missing the air time but I definitely watched the finale which was great. Another show that happened with was Community it would have me howling laughing then somewhere along they lost it. I'm thinking about getting back into Its always sunny in Philadelphia first few seasons were gold then I just fell off of it.

Seawall

They no longer have the "one main black male at a time" rule lol.

There's been at least 2 main black males for the past season, along with a couple black females.
But notice how weak the black characters are. They're just there for show, or due to criticism over the lack of diversity. I don't believe that Michonne said anything on the whole show, and she is the closest character to a superhero in the comics. Tyreese is weak. The writers treat him like a weak female. What Black man walks around holding a white baby (not his own) all day. First, they gave all of Tyreeses' story lines to Daryl (a character that was not in the comics and was probably created to attract young white men) and now Carol is the man while he's the woman. I couldn't watch the whole episode.

The late comic book writer Dwayne McDuffie makes some good points about race and comics.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u16sKK-1oLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

antiguad

But notice how weak the black characters are. They're just there for show, or due to criticism over the lack of diversity. I don't believe that Michonne said anything on the whole show, and she is the closest character to a superhero in the comics. Tyreese is weak. The writers treat him like a weak female. What Black man walks around holding a white baby (not his own) all day. First, they gave all of Tyreeses' story lines to Daryl (a character that was not in the comics and was probably created to attract young white men) and now Carol is the man while he's the woman. I couldn't watch the whole episode.

The late comic book writer Dwayne McDuffie makes some good points about race and comics.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u16sKK-1oLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DID YOU ACTUALLY WATCH THIS EPISODE? HAVE YOU BEEN ACTUALLY WATCHING THIS SHOW FOR THE PAST TWO SEASONS?

It sounds like you did not even watch this episode. I cannot, for the life of me, understand how anyone can watch what Tyrese did this week and dare to call him weak.

I actually LIKE the fact that Tyrese, is somewhat of a "softened" character, takes away from the usual steoreotypical "angry/gorilla like black man" trope.

And Michonne is probably THE most liked character from the past 2 seasons for her badassery, so how you could fault her characterization is beyond me.

They did make some goofs with how blacks were characterized for the first few seasons, but by last season they definitely corrected it with at least 4 STARRING black characters, and possibly at least one more this season.

Seawall

DID YOU ACTUALLY WATCH THIS EPISODE? HAVE YOU BEEN ACTUALLY WATCHING THIS SHOW FOR THE PAST TWO SEASONS?

It sounds like you did not even watch this episode. I cannot, for the life of me, understand how anyone can watch what Tyrese did this week and dare to call him weak.

I actually LIKE the fact that Tyrese, is somewhat of a "softened" character, takes away from the usual steoreotypical "angry/gorilla like black man" trope.

And Michonne is probably THE most liked character from the past 2 seasons for her badassery, so how you could fault her characterization is beyond me.

They did make some goofs with how blacks were characterized for the first few seasons, but by last season they definitely corrected it with at least 4 STARRING black characters, and possibly at least one more this season.
I've done better, I've read all 100 plus issues of the comics. A still mute Michonne and a babysitter Tyreese are weak characters. Notice how newly introduced white characters have gotten more lines than both of them. Anyway, Tyreese should have been dead by now. Maybe, I'll return to the show when the zombies start talking.

BacchanalDiva

You are out of your mind. So what if there was no real Michonne dialog this episode. Daryl hardly said anything either. There are episodes when you neither hear nor even see Rick. There have also been episodes when it all about Michonne.

Tyreese's character is weak? He's big, he's strong, he's brave. He is also caring, compassionate and doesn't want the ordeal to make him lose his humanity. Would you rather he just be big, brawny and ignorant? Maybe he should have been the one saying let's go back and finish off everyone at Terminus..cause yuh know black males are violent and lack self restraint.

As for the babysitting the white baby...yuh sounding rhel ignorant.