Throwbacks and its $80 million dollar industry

Prinzez Diva

Imix Official Prima Donna
Yo I was shock to hear that Throwbacks (retro jerseys) were such a big market. MSG just had an interview with Reuben Harley (the man behind the trend) and Time magazine even ran a story on him.

Click here for story

What do you all think about this new trend?

SocaQ

Simply Being Me !!!!
TP I'm surprised that you hadn't realized this look since last year when females started to wear the baseball shirts and then the basketball jerseys became popular in music videos. The funny thing is now how they have fetes and boatrides where the attire is to wear throwbacks. Hats off to Mr Harley because he living large right now thanks to us.

Prinzez Diva

SocaQ said:
TP I'm surprised that you hadn't realized this look since last year when females started to wear the baseball shirts and then the basketball jerseys became popular in music videos. The funny thing is now how they have fetes and boatrides where the attire is to wear throwbacks. Hats off to Mr Harley because he living large right now thanks to us.
Nah I knew that current jerseys were big, I have been rocking jerseys since about 2 summers ago....but I didn't know that Throwbacks were so popular. I didn't see the big deal in rocking old jerseys :eek:

Desperado

One Eye Monster Inc..
I feel its ah Bad trend cause yuh have young ppl going out try to be in the "In Crowd" spend all they money on one jersey and they shoe buss up, pants dirty..Like dey was crawling in mud...An de Adults.. Man complain about Baby Mother asking for money which he say he ain't have but he head to toe dress like he in ah N..B.A Line up...I ain't say doh treat yuh self but put your priority in Order First..Cause trend come and goh..But ah chile's memory never will..

I don't understand this "retro" thing. The most popular throwbacks were some of the ugliest jerseys ever created and yet, once some decades pass...it is fashionable.

Take a look at the denver nuggets one. Gay colors an all, this thing was one of the cruddiest jerseys in the history of basketball. retail price 2003: 300 bucks. Wah di jail?????

Stranger Gone.

SocaQ

Simply Being Me !!!!
Stranger Than Ever said:
I don't understand this "retro" thing. The most popular throwbacks were some of the ugliest jerseys ever created and yet, once some decades pass...it is fashionable.

Take a look at the denver nuggets one. Gay colors an all, this thing was one of the cruddiest jerseys in the history of basketball. retail price 2003: 300 bucks. Wah di jail?????

Stranger Gone.
Babes whey you been hiding but I feel you and Desper on your thoughts but its all in the name of fashion. For instance there is one boatride coming up where yuh have to wear yuh numbers watch how these people will spend all they money just to get an authentic jersey that no one has and it still be as ugly as all hell. Like I said Mr. Harley is living it up off we money.

T

trinitat

i personally like throwbacks...i liked them even more when everybody and they mama wasn't wearing 'em...i have a few myself that i got made into dresses or cute tops...it's a trend like any other and if yuh doh know to keep yuh $$ in yuh pocket rather than buying a jersey yuh cyah afford...dais yuh bizness...

D

Dragon

TP ….. Redmen are making ah cum back this summer ”Throwback Dragon” $250 ah date while supplies last

Prinzez Diva

$250....yuh is a mad man or wha!!! I am not paying no redman for a date with D' Prinzez, unless his intials are RC ;)

D

Dragon

I am not changing my last name to Clown just for ah date

Trini Prinzez said:
$250....yuh is a mad man or wha!!! I am not paying no redman for a date with D' Prinzez, unless his intials are RC ;)

D

Dragon

brownskintrini said:
I rather spend $250 on some shoes that looked like this than on some old stinky throwback.

How yuh go call uncle dragon ah ole stinky throwback .. ok yuh right about de ole part but stinky nah :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dougla Ting

Happily Ever After
Allyuh excuse my ignorance but....

What the hell is a throwback jersey??? Is this just basketball shirts? Or a certain kind of basketball shirt? Help me out, I have been out of the fashion loop for a while now. I now coming out of maternity clothes.

D

Dragon

Re: Allyuh excuse my ignorance but....

Dougla_Ting said:
What the hell is a throwback jersey??? Is this just basketball shirts? Or a certain kind of basketball shirt? Help me out, I have been out of the fashion loop for a while now. I now coming out of maternity clothes.
It’s clothes from de 80’s and 90’s .. stuff yuh pay $50 bucks for back then now it cost $250