This new slang.."eat ah food"

G

Gladiator

LOL
no arguement sir

from me see the facts of the matter me should have just laughed

be bad mr tough guy

me convinced some a onu exist fi fuk up people life

cause any regular serious youth pon de streets weh come pon de net and bwaay like you a gwaan SUPERBAD and talk bout meet up

him juss seh alrite

and onu meet up and whatever happens happens

and your wife, mother, brother or whoever would give interviews to the babbylan dem stating you were always on the computer angry

and dem will come to imix and get the records and see who and who you were badding up and go get fi dem ip info and lives are just ruined

why?

cause you wanna be on the net and pretend to be some tough person

yall fukkin silly and destructive to onuself

ITS A SHAME
:confused this negro is now talking bout baylon

LOL its used in different contexts elsewhere...yuh was de only child growing up..?
which is why I SPECIFICALLY said if you were a youth who run de streets

and you said you not

and I said I overstand

you are a tough guy and tough guys run the streets and get lokkd up and guh hospital etc

so if one was around street elements thats a NORMAL regular phrase

ok character?

TC

Steuuuupssss!
Trinbagonians who familiar with this new slang "eat ah food" and "drink ah juice"..what does dat mean?...last time i went trini ah hear ah ghetto youth by de corner saying he bout to "eat this man food" ..ah feel he talking bout either robbing the man who going after the man woman.. :confused

I was hoping to after reading the title to see that somebody had resurrected this thread from the year 2000. Since then people have been using this term on IMIX and "eat ah food" was around for at least 10years before that!

sorry Sir.........dat sound like ghetto trash linguistics........i live in the semi-burbs
it very much is

and cause giuliani to shut dung the city a few years ago

was all in the papers and everything

my simple point was

if one is in the streets or was or exposed to "ghetto trash linguistics" THAT would have been a normal phrase

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
As plenty ppl say it not new

1. eat a food literally :kicks:
2. make some money/ entrepreneurship
3. take something from another person in a shady way eg. go fuk somebody woman, cheat them outta some money, street gamble, goin to "work" drugs-robbing- and other such dealings
I think Taj explains it best wrt to how it is used by Trinbagonians...

Iz ah piece ah dotishness stolen from Jamaicans and popularised by Bunji.
Damn shame
LOL!!...whey u come with dat from?...when Bunji does use dat?

skeng

Jamaican slang used from as far back as 1995 to the best of my memory....it is also used in numerous dancehall songs dating back to that time also.

Means either to take something (normally life) or make money.

Context:

You dont hear say dem eat Johny food? the bwoy dem come cross well strap and bore him up...meaning they took Johny's life.

If dah bwoy deh stray across the border and mi have it pon me, mi ago eat him food.....meaning if he strays I am going to take his life.

Him a try gwan like him a big dribbler and mi just catch him on the line and eat him food....meaning I slide tackled him and took the ball and his leg.

If mi get two pound a key key and flip dat...everyman can eat a food from dat....meaning if I get two pound a weed to flip..every man can make a money from it.

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
Is Bunji make dat popular in Trinidad, real talk.

Whatchu wearing today? Something sexy?
lol...well i did never kno dat...i thought was JW and Blaze....:rofl:

nah boy i lookin scrappy today...reach home after 5 this mornin an wake up 7:50 to reach to wuk for 8...i grab de firt ting touch mih hand an i put it on...

Steupz

lol...well i did never kno dat...i thought was JW and Blaze....:rofl:

nah boy i lookin scrappy today...reach home after 5 this mornin an wake up 7:50 to reach to wuk for 8...i grab de firt ting touch mih hand an i put it on...
Well, if that picture is current, yuh wearing that extra size, well.
Yuh making de jump from cute girl to hot woman.

bouyon king

Banned
in my hood, 2 eat sumbody food means 2 fuk sumbody up, whether it be in sports, sum kind of compettion, or an actual fight

Naughtyshawtie

Self Made
Well, if that picture is current, yuh wearing that extra size, well.
Yuh making de jump from cute girl to hot woman.
hhmmm...yuh talkin to meh like yuh wha eat ah food boy...

btw-----> Yuh still eh tell me wha u was talkin bout in dat next thread where swallow quoted u sayin yuh go me a thread sayin i is a lesbian eh...

Steupz

hhmmm...yuh talkin to meh like yuh wha eat ah food boy...

btw-----> Yuh still eh tell me wha u was talkin bout in dat next thread where swallow quoted u sayin yuh go me a thread sayin i is a lesbian eh...
Lmao.

On the other thing, that was a joke.
Ah was really joking that with all dis trackin if ah eh make progress yuh ha to be gay.