Soca music was very Boring....

bhalistix

It is I
This year. everybody just did they thing nothing really exciting to write home about.....

no cross over hits blah blah blah blah....

lets see what happens next year...

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
What were the tunes you were impressed with out of SLU this year that you think can also make it big on the outside?
You can't tell me none?!

bhalistix

It is I
What were the tunes you were impressed with out of SLU this year that you think can also make it big on the outside?
You can't tell me none?!
here are a few

rsoul - rae
hp - all inclusive
d'sean - born to do this
ricky-t - 40 days 40 night

but that besides the point. i wasn't even talking about slu. but this time last year there were a couple of songs from tnt, grenada, svg and ang that was in the head and on quick play. This year nothing stuck.

TRINILI0N

Move Quick...Doh Stick
This year. everybody just did they thing nothing really exciting to write home about.....

Yuh kno ... yuh have a point ... Project 5 ... Spanish Fly ... Is only relly dem 2 move meh ... oh yea an DIS !!!!!!!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0u-om083ZxY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dis FACKIN TUNE MaADADADADDAAADDD !!!!!!!!!!!

4mydawgz

here are a few

rsoul - rae
hp - all inclusive
d'sean - born to do this
ricky-t - 40 days 40 night

but that besides the point. i wasn't even talking about slu. but this time last year there were a couple of songs from tnt, grenada, svg and ang that was in the head and on quick play. This year nothing stuck.
none of those songs are cross overs. i think too many artists try to replicate a trini sound, which is why the songs don't last. 40 Days 40 Nights is one of my favorite songs. and nothing about it is crossover.

bhalistix

It is I
none of those songs are cross overs. i think too many artists try to replicate a trini sound, which is why the songs don't last. 40 Days 40 Nights is one of my favorite songs. and nothing about it is crossover.
If anyone had the forehand knowledge to accurately predict "cross over hit" soca music would be in a much better predicaments. To me cross over are just songs where the subject matter/lyrics can apply to any carnival or any setting anywhere.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member

I DO NOT KNOW about Lucia or any other soca nation, BUT VINCYLAND CAME with SOME BIG HITS in HAMMER AND CONCH, AH KETCH IT, I'M FREE and THE GENERAL and others.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE LABOR DAY WEEKEND to GET HERE, so i can TAKE IN some of these BIG CHUNES out of VINCYLAND

bhalistix

It is I
I DO NOT KNOW about Lucia or any other soca nation, BUT VINCYLAND CAME with SOME BIG HITS in HAMMER AND CONCH, AH KETCH IT, I'M FREE and THE GENERAL and others.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE LABOR DAY WEEKEND to GET HERE, so i can TAKE IN some of these BIG CHUNES out of VINCYLAND

any vincys in bk for labor... i know the Lucians have all they artist ere for labor day...

Greenz just had a show weekend past

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
any vincys in bk for labor... i know the Lucians have all they artist ere for labor day...

Greenz just had a show weekend past
Yes, Skinny, Fya Empress and Skarpyon are in NEW YORK. So too are other VINCY ARTISTS.

YUHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

bhalistix

It is I
Where the Lucian party at this wknd? The only flyer I've seen so far is a boat ride with Dj Cleus
nah gasson St. Lucia house aka Helenites have every body between sat and sunday. Well dats what the flyers say
vadar, teddy (and his band), ricky t, mongstar, grozilay, nicole david, dyp, pringles, etc

Minnel will be at Lucian Paradise on sunday....

Ljohnb00

nah gasson St. Lucia house aka Helenites have every body between sat and sunday. Well dats what the flyers say
vadar, teddy (and his band), ricky t, mongstar, grozilay, nicole david, dyp, pringles, etc

Minnel will be at Lucian Paradise on sunday....
Well I in that! Thanks

bhalistix

It is I
Just a question? where exactly are you looking for the soca songs to "crossover" to???
No too sure if that question was meant for me If so, i always say on here cross over is for artist to be interested in. I love me LUCIAN soca music as it, unchanged. Where ever you are if you don't like it dats your lost. since i came back from slu carnival i have been bumping lucian soca in my car, house and phone when i am heading to work. I was simply responding to a question S-Pro asked me.

stargate

soca revolutionary
No too sure if that question was meant for me If so, i always say on here cross over is for artist to be interested in. I love me LUCIAN soca music as it, unchanged. Where ever you are if you don't like it dats your lost. since i came back from slu carnival i have been bumping lucian soca in my car, house and phone when i am heading to work. I was simply responding to a question S-Pro asked me.
the question wasn't meant for only you per say but to everyone who was using the term "crossover". it is not an attack on you or anyone else...no need to be defensive.

so i ask again ..you used the term "crossover" in a particular context as it relates to the soca music for the year being "boring" ...correct?

so i am simply asking to beak down the meaning of that term "crossover" in the particular context you are using it in?

"crossover" to where exactly??? just looking for specifics! thats all!

bhalistix

It is I
the question wasn't meant for only you per say but to everyone who was using the term "crossover". it is not an attack on you or anyone else...no need to be defensive.

so i ask again ..you used the term "crossover" in a particular context as it relates to the soca music for the year being "boring" ...correct?

so i am simply asking to beak down the meaning of that term "crossover" in the particular context you are using it in?

"crossover" to where exactly??? just looking for specifics! thats all!
Cross over in the sense that it crossed over to other shores, regional hit. For example over the past 4 yrs, or so, every year Skinny fab. has been releasing a track that pretty much a hit regionally, last year Onyan did kick in the she back door to same effect. This yeah it just seem to me that everything stayed home... Maybe it was just me...

PS: i don't take stuff personal so i eh have no reason to be defensive, if you want to discuss something with me i am always game.

Cross over in the sense that it crossed over to other shores, regional hit. For example over the past 4 yrs, or so, every year Skinny fab. has been releasing a track that pretty much a hit regionally, last year Onyan did kick in the she back door to same effect. This yeah it just seem to me that everything stayed home... Maybe it was just me...
Trinidad did not stay home, St Lucia stayed home maybe

St Lucia did not cross over since 2007