Soca monarch 2017 Results

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Smh, a legal racket !

Maybe then they need to go back to groovy format and have a separate uptempo......

They rob Iwer !

Voice ...smh

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Iwer performance ......

This is what Soca ISM is about, mash up the Ras place.......25 years later who had the chance to see SuperBlue on top of speakers still talking about that shit.....Sad !

Maybe the judges don't want to hurts these young artists feelings.....this generation now is so fragile !

https://youtu.be/T7pzHW9tTpM

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Voice winning performance , at best laughable

I am doing a big show.... Who you think they booking for 2017 ?

Btw... They Rob Ricardo also !

.S

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Smh, a legal racket !

Maybe then they need to go back to groovy format and have a separate uptempo......

They rob Iwer !

Voice ...smh
I can't agree with you more!! I am in 200% agreement with what you said here!!

Iwer is my 2017 Soca Monarch! They need to bring back the separate Groovy and Power Soca competitions and stop f%^&ing-up the culture with this nonsense they are currently doing!

No wonder crime is so high in T&T, they are frustrating the downtown ghetto people who love power soca with this nonsense currently going on in Soca Monarch!!

dedetriniking

pineman i think i've seen enough of your posts on here to know the kind of music that you like....and what Voice does is not your cup of tea....but for me this is what i want from my soca monarch...i want lyrics and i want melody and i want a good singing voice. The stuff that iwer does has its place but Voice's song and its message is much more universal.

Yes iwer mash up de place and yes we need that kind of bachannalia in the carnival but I'd much what what Voice does be the standard for Trinidad soca music.

dedetriniking

If below is still the judging criteria then the outcome was fair. Note that crowd response is the lowest point category.

Melody 25

Lyrics 20

Arrangement 20

Performance 20

Crowd response 10

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
If below is still the judging criteria then the outcome was fair. Note that crowd response is the lowest point category.

Melody 25

Lyrics 20

Arrangement 20

Performance 20

Crowd response 10
The ISM organisers clearly need to bring back separate competitions for Groovy Soca and Power Soca and to stop fighting against Power Soca in Carnival as Power Soca is essentially to an enjoyable Carnival as far as myself and most downtown people are concerned.

The above judging criteria is perfect for Groovy Soca but goes against the spirit of Power Soca and making the stadium move hence why we need back separate Groovy and Power Soca competitions.

This is the judging criteria we should have for a separate Power Soca Monarch competition:

Melody 20

Lyrics 20

Arrangement 20

Performance 20

Crowd response 20

notorious saga

Sagattarius
pineman i think i've seen enough of your posts on here to know the kind of music that you like....and what Voice does is not your cup of tea....but for me this is what i want from my soca monarch...i want lyrics and i want melody and i want a good singing voice. The stuff that iwer does has its place but Voice's song and its message is much more universal.

Yes iwer mash up de place and yes we need that kind of bachannalia in the carnival but I'd much what what Voice does be the standard for Trinidad soca music.
Was coming to post but you said it all.

Big post

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador

Iwer is my 2017 Soca Monarch! They need to bring back the separate Groovy and Power Soca competitions and stop f%^&ing-up the culture with this nonsense they are currently doing!

No wonder crime is so high in T&T, they are frustrating the downtown ghetto people who love power soca with this nonsense currently going on in Soca Monarch!!
I am glad to see a loyalists understand what what this is about......this is not about being in the former Grandstand......!

This is about the Hype...the Big Flags, The Bacchanal......the Jump and wave....the Power Soca !

And to your point....why they two separate events !

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador

Nah man...you tripping....do a search in here under Groovy Soca....or I think I called it Mellow soca..Best of Best......

I respectfully disagree with you.......no yutes...in there with the Big Flags reppin....Arima , POS, and South came to hear a Voice contest.....at best laughable if you feel this way......!

Put it like this.....that song is mellow, and to your point....it wouldn't make the cut for me....i see nothing in the lyrics....simple at best.

But to your point...yes, I concur...with the vocals and his presentation if you on The Voice or American Idol.....you have now marginalized Sweet T&T...the land of Bacchanal to that nonsense...lol....on their Biggest Night.....then find !

The Big night is about the Hype, Power Soca.... . Etc......

Funny....you not asking why the cameras didn't show the crowd during Voices' performance !

You really telling me that them yutes in the National Stadium came there to see a singing competition?

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
I am glad to see a loyalists understand what what this is about......this is being in the former Grandstand......

This is about the Hype...the Big Flags, The Bacchanal......the Jump and wave....the Power Soca !

And to your point....why they two separate events !
Only because the current ISM organisers say that having one show with two separate competitions makes the show too long for television packaging and live streaming.

Also separate Groovy Soca Monarch and Power Soca Monarch shows seem to be doing well in the smaller islands with a smaller population to attend both shows so I see no reason why it won't work just well in T&T with an even bigger population.

Once the radio stations pump the best power soca and groovy soca releases for the public to get familiar with them like they have been doing in T&T this year then both shows should be successful and the organisers can earn more money as well as more young and established soca artists being inspired to take part in the competition to showcase their songs to a world audience and try to win the title.

trinifrombx

Allyuh good yes, to put it perspective from someone who was there !

Robbed is an understatement statement, Iwer had all the vibes, and put on a show !

Pics coming soon !

Yes Socapro, they need to just limit the amount of entries, use the semi finals to cut it down to min 8 or 9 that is it, it make no sense to put Power Soca against vocals and ask judges to pick a winner !

Wi thing is about vibes !

dedetriniking

I guess it depends on your definition of "vibes". Melodious music has its own vibes...and to me its more in line with the legacy left by the bards. Melody and arrangement is what has always set tnt apart in this genre that was birthed there. I want to be able to play this music for anyone in the world and feel proud doing it. Personally....I don't think i can do that with Iwer's music....but i can with Voice's.

Again there is a time and a place for Iwer's style....and maybe the answer lies with the two separate competitions.....but when i point out the TnT soca monarch to someone and then i play his music i want to here melody, arrangement and a good singing voice.....that is where the ting come from.

But beyond that.....i turn on the news from tnt today and my heart is broken over and over again. Such terrible news comes out of my homeland these days that makes me sad.

Then this youth comes on the scene and sings uplifting lyrics about hard work and survival and optimism and triumph....and does it in a sweet voice and a beautiful melody....like the old bards used to do it....and my chest swell with pride.....just like it does with the first pan note on panorama night with "all stars" on stage. It makes me feel good to be trini.

Moreover soca is young people music...it targets the youth....it is what the youth listens to....not calypso so this music reaches the ears of the youth....with messages in tow.
Yuh feel me??

Big up Iwer and what he does. I like a good jump-up like anybody else and on jouvert morning and on the road i playing the Iwer song too....but when i listen to my soca monarch, i want to hear Voice singing.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20170225/news/two-in-a-row

TWO IN A ROW *
Voice captures back-to-back International Soca Monarch title
Published on Feb 25, 2017, 9:00 pm AST
By Michael Mondezie
0 CommentsArticle
Share:FacebookTwitter

on the offensive: Orlando Octave performs “Single” to grab second place in the International Soca Monarch Finals at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain, on Friday night. —Photos: ISHMAEL SALANDY

VOICE is once again Inter####national Soca Monarch (ISM) winner.

The 24-year-old San Juan-born singer delivered an unbeatable performance of his Carnival hit, “Far From Finished”, to clinch the title and $500,000 first prize on Friday night at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain.

“It's the greatest feeling ever. I give thanks to God, and this shows how much prayer can work despite any obstacles that come your way,” a thankful Voice told the Sunday Express during a phone interview yesterday evening.

Voice, real name Aaron St Louis, was made to work for his crown, however, as he was forced to overcome a major technical glitch to secure the win.

The diminutive performer weaved through his dancers towards centre stage to deli####ver the first verse of the song, only to be met with no band accompaniment.

Only the sample loop of the track was heard on the house sound system, forcing the defending monarch to abort his performance.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
I guess it depends on your definition of "vibes". Melodious music has its own vibes...and to me its more in line with the legacy left by the bards. Melody and arrangement is what has always set tnt apart in this genre that was birthed there. I want to be able to play this music for anyone in the world and feel proud doing it. Personally....I don't think i can do that with Iwer's music....but i can with Voice's.

Again there is a time and a place for Iwer's style....and maybe the answer lies with the two separate competitions.....but when i point out the TnT soca monarch to someone and then i play his music i want to here melody, arrangement and a good singing voice.....that is where the ting come from.

But beyond that.....i turn on the news from tnt today and my heart is broken over and over again. Such terrible news comes out of my homeland these days that makes me sad.

Then this youth comes on the scene and sings uplifting lyrics about hard work and survival and optimism and triumph....and does it in a sweet voice and a beautiful melody....like the old bards used to do it....and my chest swell with pride.....just like it does with the first pan note on panorama night with "all stars" on stage. It makes me feel good to be trini.

Moreover soca is young people music...it targets the youth....it is what the youth listens to....not calypso so this music reaches the ears of the youth....with messages in tow.
Yuh feel me??

Big up Iwer and what he does. I like a good jump-up like anybody else and on jouvert morning and on the road i playing the Iwer song too....but when i listen to my soca monarch, i want to hear Voice singing.

Trinidad Express Newspapers: News | TWO IN A ROW *

TWO IN A ROW *
Published on Feb 25, 2017, 9:00 pm AST
By Michael Mondezie
0 CommentsArticle
Share:FacebookTwitter

on the offensive: Orlando Octave performs “Single” to grab second place in the International Soca Monarch Finals at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain, on Friday night. —Photos: ISHMAEL SALANDY

VOICE is once again Inter####national Soca Monarch (ISM) winner.

The 24-year-old San Juan-born singer delivered an unbeatable performance of his Carnival hit, “Far From Finished”, to clinch the title and $500,000 first prize on Friday night at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain.

“It's the greatest feeling ever. I give thanks to God, and this shows how much prayer can work despite any obstacles that come your way,” a thankful Voice told the Sunday Express during a phone interview yesterday evening.

Voice, real name Aaron St Louis, was made to work for his crown, however, as he was forced to overcome a major technical glitch to secure the win.

The diminutive performer weaved through his dancers towards centre stage to deli####ver the first verse of the song, only to be met with no band accompaniment.

Only the sample loop of the track was heard on the house sound system, forcing the defending monarch to abort his performance.

SMH,

Bro, one thing I will agree with you on is that they need two competition !

All that sentimental stuff you wrote is fine and make sense for someone young, clueless and have no clue regarding the history of ISM.

We all want peace in Trinidad..more or less all these islands , positive role models, positive uplifting lyrics, etc......that is a given !

Now if you want to call it a singing contest, then fine....like I said, once power soca, uptempo beats involved ...at best Laughable at these results !

More or less what you have done is diss Bunji, SuperBlue, Iwer...etc...and all the past winners......

You understand what the hell SuperBlue saying ?

Smh, his diction is way off !

You call what Bunji did in the past singing...I think it was the Bomb song he did when I was there in the Oval.....smh

I can go on...my point is that you are making no sense on the past winners or history of ISM...

All you given me is your sentimental take from one old head to another..

Go on Twitter and see the real comments...all calling it a joke, robbery, etc.

What you expect the paper to write....we want negative lyrics ?

smh !

dedetriniking

SMH,

Bro, one thing I will agree with you on is that they need two competition !

All that sentiment stuff you wrote is fine and make sense for someone young, clueless and have no clue regarding the history of ISM.

We all want peace in Trinidad..more or less all these islands , positive role models, positive uplifting lyrics, etc......that is a given !

Now if you want to call it a singing contest, then fine....like I said, once power soca, uptempo beats involved ...at best Laughable at these results !

More or less what you have done is diss Bunji, SuperBlue, Iwer...etc...and all the past winners......

You understand what the hell SuperBlue saying ?

Smh, his diction is way off !

You call what Bunji did in the past singing...I think it was the Bomb song he did when I was there in the Oval.....smh

I can go on...my point is that you are making no sense on the past winners or history of ISM...

All you given me is your sentiment take from one old head to another..

Go on Twitter and see the real comments...all calling it a joke, robbery, etc.

What you expect the paper to write....we want negative lyrics ?

smh !
Breds i knew you would come back with this even before i wrote my response above....and guess what? I agree with you 100%. Super, Bunji and those fellas were not doing Voice kind of music.

Let's just say that we need to honor both styles of the music. Let's go back to the two competitions.

Respek!

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Breds i knew you would come back with this even before i wrote my response above....and guess what? I agree with you 100%. Super, Bunji and those fellas were not doing Voice kind of music.

Let's just say that we need to honor both styles of the music. Let's go back to the two competitions.

Respek!

Okay, fair enough, let's hope the powers that be see the need to separate these !