Should infants have weave in their hair?

tropicalbeauty

To know me is to love me
Lately I have noticed people putting weave and braids in little kids hair. Small kids from age 2-5 years old. Isn't that a little young. I have also seen parents coloring their kids hair. Why are they doing that. Isn't that putting a strain on the child's hair (the roots). What happend to cornrows or bublles and clips. What yall think. Is this right? Do you or would u put weave in your childs hair (infant)?

Drinks4Life

AKA Dimeout
tropicalbeauty said:
Lately I have noticed people putting weave and braids in little kids hair. Small kids from age 2-5 years old. Isn't that a little young. I have also seen parents coloring their kids hair. Why are they doing that. Isn't that putting a strain on the child's hair (the roots). What happend to cornrows or bublles and clips. What yall think. Is this right? Do you or would u put weave in your childs hair (infant)?
I hate to see kids with weaves in their hair but its the parents fault and then when the child gets older then they wonder why she dont have any hair.

A

amprincess

tropicalbeauty said:

:eek:hgosh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they not even giving the child's hair a chance to grow! :rolleyes:

SwEeTsOcAlAdY

Bajan Sugar
god no... i can't stand it.

Maybe its coz the people dem children got bad hair, its all about searching pedigree, especially true for me coz i can't cane row to save my life. I AM learning though

clchick

I have also seen this...and I think this is what happens when the child wants to be too grown up too fast by the influence of the parents, relatives and what they see on TV and the parents just give the child what they want.

Now I could understand if the chile have Natty/picky/hard hair and they are trying to encourage it to grow with a few cornrows with the braids but not the weave..that is not fit for a chile at all...

sk gyal

Unregistered User
tropicalbeauty said:
That is just ridiculous. Dem shit does mess up big people hair never mind children's. After they frigg up de chile head like that they go be de firs one to say de ain't want no pickey head chile. Let de chile hair grow on it's own, nuh. Steups.

TC

Steuuuupssss!
I don´tmindseeig the braids...some childrens´ hair so pickey,they need a little help out!

Last edited:

Soleil

D!ck Wellington
tropicalbeauty said:
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!

PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOU'RE JOKING!!

It's official. BLACK people done lost their minds.

Nekeisha2

TehrryCherry said:
I don´tmindseeig thebaids...some childrens´ hair so pickey,they need a little help out!

:kicks :kicks dat was mean Tehrry,

i don't think putting extensions will help their hair grow, the need tuh by some treatments and get de child hair braided in corn rows once a week that should help it

tropicalbeauty

To know me is to love me
TehrryCherry said:
I don´tmindseeig thebaids...some childrens´ hair so pickey,they need a little help out!
I have to disagree with u a bit. If the child has, as u put it, nappy or pickey hair, that should not be an excuse. The child should learn to love and embrace their own natural hair no matter what the texture is.

clchick

squeeze said:
I wouldn't put weave in my child hair.

I would not even put weave in my hair much less for my chile own...can't stand to see the plastic thing blowing in the wind...

TC

Steuuuupssss!
Dais allyuh yes! Some people head born pickey and will forever remain so! I don´t see why a little braids shouldn´t help them out. Not necessarily long to the waist like my braids, but just a little something so that they don´t have to walk around looking like fowl scratch thru dem head!!!!

tropicalbeauty

To know me is to love me
TehrryCherry said:
Dais allyuh yes! Some people head born pickey and will forever remain so! I don´t see why a little braids shouldn´t help them out. Not necessarily long to the waist like my braids, but just a little something so that they don´t have to walk around looking like fowl scratch thru dem head!!!!
what is pickey hair? what is nappy hair? i don't like these terms at all. Everyone should love their hair no matter what the texture is.

Brasilian_Cutie

Bahia Grown
I hate seeing little girls with weaves. Give the child's hair a chance to breathe and grow on its own. Teach the child how to love and manage their hair. I think the child looks funny wearing a weave/extension. My daughter tells me that the girls get teased if they have it in their hair, because the majority wears cornrows, ponytail, and braids in their hair.

TC

Steuuuupssss!
Nekeisha2 said:
:kicks :kicks dat was mean Tehrry,

i don't think putting extensions will help their hair grow, the need tuh by some treatments and get de child hair braided in corn rows once a week that should help it

Some head juss doh respond to treatment unfortunately! And someonlylong enough to catch a little braid. And those cornrows...it will be just torture for the kid if the parent had to resort to doing it with crotchet needles ´cause hair is too short.