Shooting At Navy Yard in DC

dollbabi

Earth Angel
Police were seeking an active shooter on Monday morning in Washington, DC, after someone apparently opened fire at the headquarters of the Naval Sea Systems Command in Navy Yard, the shore facility of the U.S. Navy. Shots continued late into the morning as the gunman apparently barricaded himself inside a room in the building where the shooting took place.

The U.S. Navy confirmed to NBC that at least 7 were injured in the shooting. A press release added that “emergency personnel are on scene and a ‘shelter in place’ order has been issued for Navy Yard personnel.”

One dispatch from a local Fox News affiliate identified a “Male gunman – large shot gun – still on the loose – 4th floor of Navy Yard building.” According to ABC, however, the gunman had an assault rifle.

A Twitter user who identified himself a Congressional staffer posted this photo on Twitter, of a purported victim of the shooting:

The shooting took place at one of the Navy Yard buildings — 197 — at 8:20 am EST Monday morning. About 3,000 people work in the building, according to the U.S. Navy’s twitter feed.
Flights were grounded from DC’s National airport Monday morning as police continued to try to capture the gunman.

triniameri

Hey Ms. Carter...
News reporting he has been cornered....4 people out of the 12 shot are dead...possible 2nd shooter

smdh...and he black

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
Last I've heard they have him contained. Several old classmates just arrived in time for them to be turned away from the building. 4 dead so far...this is just SMH

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
An article I'm reading says that there are three shooters
oh boy...because at first it was a white guy dressed in all black, to a black guy dressed in all black. The fact that they shut down Regan, has to be some type of connection.

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
Regan has been reopened per CNN.
Yeah it's been open for a about a little over an hour. Should have put it in past tense. I was just pulling into the parking lot when it reopened. It was around the time when the "first" shooter was contained. I say "first" since you never know because Newtown had multiple shooters.

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
We're on total lockdown. No entrance or exit of the facility. Possible shooting at bolling...right down the road. Smh. Lord, help us all

Oneshot

where de crix
local insurgents (separatists) ?
false flag attacks to get congress to strip Americans of their guns?
disgruntled former soldiers?

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
local insurgents (separatists) ?
false flag attacks to get congress to strip Americans of their guns?
disgruntled former soldiers?
After several tours of duty, lots of them coming back a little "off". Sad to say, we will see more of these shootings.