S.O.D PT 21 FLAG FEST (SAT. APRIL 4th 2k9)

DJ Mr. X

It was really pretty good, it was way better than the last time, the stush crowd wasn't present, or not where i was.

For one the base didn't look like the base, and it had flags representation everywhere, from on the stage and when you walk in, so it really looked like a flag fest, so i give 10 points for that. People came out with their flags as well, but i was very shock that i was seeing more jamaican, haitian, vincy and grenadian flags more than trini and bajan, don't get me wrong it had the normal trini and bajan crowd but we were out numbered this time.

The music was never better i heard some new small island music that i didn't know, so i was really enjoying it, but ofcourse the people who knew what the song was was wilding out. And then finally they played my beloved soca songs which i couldn't wait to skin out to.

It wasn't a wild party like we were planning to do, some how it turned out to be much different than i had pictured in my mind the day before.
I was planning on coming out to run up and down the club, so i came out prepared in my sneakers.
But it some how it turned out to be more of a soca sex box, everyone was mostly gyrating, flexing, grinding, jamming, banging and humping so you know i joined in. C'mon what was i suppose to to watch. I think not..lol

And then all of a sudden we ladies had eye candy, the place was of course hot, so these sexy well build men started pulling off their t-shirts which was very exciting for me. Some of them looked so very yummy, oh so you know i had to touch a very sexy sweaty manly chest. lol

The guy who was taking pictures for 7days7nightcarib, was dripping wet from whinning up a storm, i don't think i ever saw him having so much fun taking pictures,EVER. I know he had a good time. lmfao

My girls and i got almost rape when stabby and thusty played, and i loved every second of it, or maybe because i was feeling so nice off the goose.
I dance almost all night with this cute guy from Aruba who came from SI, it was his 2nd time coming to sod with his friends, but it was the first time we met, and i hate myself so much because i left without taking his number. I AM SO MAD AT THAT. I ended up leaving in a rush because one of my girls had to be at work at 9am.
Hopefully he comes out for the give back.

But the night was a good one for me, it wasn't wild but it was just right.
no complains on my behalf.

what time did u get there?

bklynpsycho

Soca Psycho
SOD was ok for me much better then the last edtion. Like Sugacandy I too came expecting to really get a cardio workout not really a yoga class of me flexing and going down low in a dance every so often. But I felt the crowd could have done even more with themself. Once again the best energy came from the ladies and gents pon the stage. As much as you guys are very much leader of the tempo at SOD I felt that I wish the crowd off the stage would have giving much the same energy as allyah did.

Hats of to all the DJs of the night including that Vincey DJ (I think) buss nuff Vincey chunes which made me happy. 1st time I ever heard Icon ever played in SOD, it was refreshing. I was located most of the night not to far off from Jugosa Reina and her crew. I was to lazy to really work the floor of the Base because the vybe in other locations didn't really drew me but all in all for what it's worth my location was ok. The crowd could have pushed it to the limits even more. If I do go to the next SOD I really hope the vybe gets better as a whole not really just coming out of small pockets

DJ Mr. X

SOD was ok for me much better then the last edtion. Like Sugacandy I too came expecting to really get a cardio workout not really a yoga class of me flexing and going down low in a dance every so often. But I felt the crowd could have done even more with themself. Once again the best energy came from the ladies and gents pon the stage. As much as you guys are very much leader of the tempo at SOD I felt that I wish the crowd off the stage would have giving much the same energy as allyah did.

Hats of to all the DJs of the night including that Vincey DJ (I think) buss nuff Vincey chunes which made me happy. 1st time I ever heard Icon ever played in SOD, it was refreshing. I was located most of the night not to far off from Jugosa Reina and her crew. I was to lazy to really work the floor of the Base because the vybe in other locations didn't really drew me but all in all for what it's worth my location was ok. The crowd could have pushed it to the limits even more. If I do go to the next SOD I really hope the vybe gets better as a whole not really just coming out of small pockets

thats DJ Lagga

stylzmovements dbs

whey boyyyyyyy alyuh real tough boy.....ok well i guess ill have to shift to my mad scientist perona and go all out for the give back....ok youuuuu asskkkeedd for it.......
vybzradio or 107.1fm tuesdays 10pm til 12mid ...sat 9pm til 12mid:superman:

mkdfootball

THE AMERICAN SOCA LOVER.
Explanation

what was the problem? do tell. don't just come talk yuh talk and dont back it up.

HERE IS YOUR REASONS. 1. THE MUSIC WAS REALLY SLOW. 2. THE MAJORITY WAS LOOKING LIKE ZOMBIES. NOW U WOULDNT KNOW THIS IF U STOOD IN ONE PLACE AND JUST PARTIED WITH YOUR FRIENDS. I WALK, RUN, JUMP, AND DANCE THROUGH THE CROWD. THERE WERE ALOT OF PEOPLE DOING A WOLE LOT OF NOTHING!! THERES YOUR ################ING REASON YOU HAPPY.!:boredom:

DJ Mr. X

what was the problem? do tell. don't just come talk yuh talk and dont back it up.

HERE IS YOUR REASONS. 1. THE MUSIC WAS REALLY SLOW. 2. THE MAJORITY WAS LOOKING LIKE ZOMBIES. NOW U WOULDNT KNOW THIS IF U STOOD IN ONE PLACE AND JUST PARTIED WITH YOUR FRIENDS. I WALK, RUN, JUMP, AND DANCE THROUGH THE CROWD. THERE WERE ALOT OF PEOPLE DOING A WOLE LOT OF NOTHING!! THERES YOUR ################ING REASON YOU HAPPY.!:boredom:
i don't understand the part about the music being "really slow"

bklynpsycho

Soca Psycho

I could understand the crowd thing because vibe could have been alittle more up being that it is flag fete. I mean more people could have really showed of there colors in a island role call. But I felt the music was fine as is. I really have no case against the music the whole night. I would say I wanted the other DJs to go more deep into the small island music. Speaking of that wish for example that more Antiguan music was played. I felt the music that was played to represent them came off kinda weak. I was looking for more Flames songs to be pulled out but only got as little a maybe 2-3 songs the whole night. I hardly heard but just 1-2 St Lucian songs. If any real songs I was looking to hear played was cut kinda short which I didn't like. But I really didn't feel the songs was slow maybe cut alitte short or wasn't played enough, but not slow at all.

MSTRUCK

Hot fuh so
I had a good time..music was on point and de drinks was flowing..:drinks:

The vibe was nice.. ah think next time I need to be on stage :scratch

who knows.. I had a good time though.. betta den dat PJ fete..steupss

but I have to big up LIL RED BULL for my lovely T-shirts.. I would post pics

but I didnt take any pics.. (dang) its all good..

Jugosa_Reina

:clapping: I had a ball for what I can actually remember. Drinks were flowing NICELY :D
I was soooo wasted but I actually got on bad as planned. Sorry Sheena for that hard stab I gave you that made you go flying soooooooo :D
What's the website of the guy that was recorded? I want to see what I look like for that interview because I was DONEEEEEE

trini2debone4life

sod was damn good

Booooo whooooo ya'll in a mess that party was sweet.
mkdfootball babe if sod not cutting it for you anymore then save your money cutie, but take it from me, don't depend on the crowd to make you have a good time, i learn that after glow and that stush crowd. But don't blame the music cause that was on point, and i know a lot of people will agree with me with that. I had a terrific and fabulous time, but mstruck girl you didn't have a good time at pj jam, i thought that was the best of all sod's, it's was glow that had me tripping.
Anyway back to flag fest that was cool, i agree with sugacandy it wasn't a wild crowd, but it was definately a jamming crowd. I think alot of people was having sex and went home pregnant. In each and every corner had some type of hardcore jamming going on. It didn't matter if it was man jamming gal, or gal jamming man, gal jamming gal, or 2 gal jamming 1 man, or 2 guys jamming on gal and so on and so on, but the jamming was hard on the inside and in charge. I think they have to rename that sod to sex fest instead of flag fest LOL..
I to just like bklynpsycho and suga candy was looking forward to a hard cardio workout, i swear i as well was ready to do some serious jumping, running and waving, but instead i was put to go down low and bend over and picked up and stabbed repeatedly which was good to, but i won't call it yoga it was more like a new form of dirty, horny yoga haha.
But in the end all was good and i went home happy, just sorry mkdfootball that your night wasn't so good. And sugacandy don't worry girl cause if it's the same guy i saw you whinning on in the crowd by the speakers, i'm sure he will be looking out for you next sod, cause you was more than giving it to him lol.
And hell yeah drink was in abundance, so i was more than niceeeeeeeeeeeeee

GTSocaCareBare

Miss LuLu - LuLuLuvsU4eva
Truly was a flag fest

Well y'all took my Happy SOD Day and ran wit it, i cant even catch up.

It was a happy SOD. Everyone came out wit they flags, man. Big flags, small flags, rags, shirts, skirts, ALL . I loved it. Good way to start the month and cant wait to end it sweeter @ Give Back.

I came out wit vengeance and in full representation for GT. Big Shout Out to Lil Red Bull for designing my shirt and glad to see u enjoyed your bday. I hope u live to see ur next one after someone gets thru wit u.
Anywho... the music was there. I cant say if it was on point or wasnt, cus it's soca. AS LONG AS IT'S SOCA, I GOOD. Shout out to DJ Stylz for playin licks (energy) although i thought he would've played it earlier not damn near the end of the fete. Like I said b4, TriniKings and The Base is not responsible for any injuries... so now i hope my knee heals b4 appreciation fete. lololol

If I kno u and I saw u, good to see you there. There's still a few of u that I wish i could put faces to the names. I guess in due time still

I'm still puzzled that so many girls came in with heels. that's jus somethin that i wont understand

MKDFOOTBALL - sucks that u feel that way. They have Dirty Soca @ SOB's every last sat in the city, enjoy.

mkdfootball

THE AMERICAN SOCA LOVER.
Slow slow and more slow

I know there are 2 people who said it wasnt slow. I got a question for bklynpsycho. Did i buy any water that night. If u not sure u know the answer is no. I know there are stush people and some people dont like the venue. But the people is what make a party and the people were corny and slow. That shit was called flag fest not slow fest. When u hear flag fast u think fast pace heart pounding cramp catching (if u dont stretch properly). U going to come out sweating and sleeping the next day away to recoup. Back to my bklynphsyco point. Im a big dude and pyscho knows this. He knows if they go in hard one time im done for about 30 minutes. I didnt have one of those times that night and thats what makes it slow. They did pump fake me a couple of times. Ask ludacris about that. I think he was more upset than i. In conconclusion.

Slow slow and more slow. I dont take much for me to get tired and i was never tired that night just bored.

bklynpsycho

Soca Psycho
I know there are 2 people who said it wasnt slow. I got a question for bklynpsycho. Did i buy any water that night. If u not sure u know the answer is no. I know there are stush people and some people dont like the venue. But the people is what make a party and the people were corny and slow. That shit was called flag fest not slow fest. When u hear flag fast u think fast pace heart pounding cramp catching (if u dont stretch properly). U going to come out sweating and sleeping the next day away to recoup. Back to my bklynphsyco point. Im a big dude and pyscho knows this. He knows if they go in hard one time im done for about 30 minutes. I didnt have one of those times that night and thats what makes it slow. They did pump fake me a couple of times. Ask ludacris about that. I think he was more upset than i. In conconclusion.

Slow slow and more slow. I dont take much for me to get tired and i was never tired that night just bored.
I understand all your point and I already know you are coming from I've already said the crowd could have shown more energy and yes I did said that I didn't get the cardio workout I was looking for which is exactly what you are talking about. Knowing you that's what happen Saturday. As far as the music played I judge the music from the time I step into the Base to the time I leave it past 4am. Was the music as a whole great? No IMO good yes but my main complant about the music was some if the unheard songs could have been played longer for those that never heard some of the music to get a better feel for it, because I feel flag fest is a good means to get other islands some burn when they normally wouldn't on a differnt SOD setting. But as I said before in a differnt post more other small island music could have been played alittle more longer or in turn played alot longer.

And oh yeah before I forget to answer your question did I buy myself some water yes....yes I did and I gave half of my water to Allison. I can go into greater detail prove that I was by the bar buying water but that part is not needed. Like I said I may have not gotten that cardio workout I really wanted but that doesn't mean I wasn't tusty for water and I can thank the piece of chicken I eat on my way to the Base you can ask Chris on that because he was there with me and I nagged him to to follow me to buy some chicken.

Hey how long I known you? You don't have to explain alot to me to get me know why you do or don't like SOD. My post that I said to reply back to was something you said on the music being slow not the crowd. Hell I agree with you the crowd could have shown more energy and fire, the crowd could have gave someone a better reason to spend $4 on that bottle of water but hey it didn't. Back to the music IMO the music could have went another level but even if it did most of the energy was coming off the stage. I don't think even if you bust the greatest mush up soca song it wouldn't matter. I think a crowd needs that lead group to get those that are not on stage get that same vibe. If no is will to "Go down the road" pon Machel's song or get the "Rush" when Flames hits no one is gonna move either out the way or just move from one side to the other at the Base. That's why it was boring as you say which is so.

DJ Mr. X

I understand all your point and I already know you are coming from I've already said the crowd could have shown more energy and yes I did said that I didn't get the cardio workout I was looking for which is exactly what you are talking about. Knowing you that's what happen Saturday. As far as the music played I judge the music from the time I step into the Base to the time I leave it past 4am. Was the music as a whole great? No IMO good yes but my main complant about the music was some if the unheard songs could have been played longer for those that never heard some of the music to get a better feel for it, because I feel flag fest is a good means to get other islands some burn when they normally wouldn't on a differnt SOD setting. But as I said before in a differnt post more other small island music could have been played alittle more longer or in turn played alot longer.

And oh yeah before I forget to answer your question did I buy myself some water yes....yes I did and I gave half of my water to Allison. I can go into greater detail prove that I was by the bar buying water but that part is not needed. Like I said I may have not gotten that cardio workout I really wanted but that doesn't mean I wasn't tusty for water and I can thank the piece of chicken I eat on my way to the Base you can ask Chris on that because he was there with me and I nagged him to to follow me to buy some chicken.

Hey how long I known you? You don't have to explain alot to me to get me know why you do or don't like SOD. My post that I said to reply back to was something you said on the music being slow not the crowd. Hell I agree with you the crowd could have shown more energy and fire, the crowd could have gave someone a better reason to spend $4 on that bottle of water but hey it didn't. Back to the music IMO the music could have went another level but even if it did most of the energy was coming off the stage. I don't think even if you bust the greatest mush up soca song it wouldn't matter. I think a crowd needs that lead group to get those that are not on stage get that same vibe. If no is will to "Go down the road" pon Machel's song or get the "Rush" when Flames hits no one is gonna move either out the way or just move from one side to the other at the Base. That's why it was boring as you say which is so.

what time did you get there?

Lil Red Bull

Well y'all took my Happy SOD Day and ran wit it, i cant even catch up.

It was a happy SOD. Everyone came out wit they flags, man. Big flags, small flags, rags, shirts, skirts, ALL . I loved it. Good way to start the month and cant wait to end it sweeter @ Give Back.

I came out wit vengeance and in full representation for GT. Big Shout Out to Lil Red Bull for designing my shirt and glad to see u enjoyed your bday. I hope u live to see ur next one after someone gets thru wit u.
Anywho... the music was there. I cant say if it was on point or wasnt, cus it's soca. AS LONG AS IT'S SOCA, I GOOD. Shout out to DJ Stylz for playin licks (energy) although i thought he would've played it earlier not damn near the end of the fete. Like I said b4, TriniKings and The Base is not responsible for any injuries... so now i hope my knee heals b4 appreciation fete. lololol

If I kno u and I saw u, good to see you there. There's still a few of u that I wish i could put faces to the names. I guess in due time still

I'm still puzzled that so many girls came in with heels. that's jus somethin that i wont understand

MKDFOOTBALL - sucks that u feel that way. They have Dirty Soca @ SOB's every last sat in the city, enjoy.

*ahem* but i see no evidence that proves this so...... but you and ms truck are very welcome for your shirts. i think somebody should keep their ################ at home an stop coming sod since its such a problem.that person who shall remain nameless is the only one who complains....well i put two names to faces.lol. and those girls were probably SOD virgins....well i hope they learned that lesson!

Nelle

Waist Line Shots
Well I had a time and for does who didn't then I am very sorry for you.
Lrb I know u enjoyed ur bday.

Oh gosh I think half the base was drunk. Ppl was leavin rockin to a side. Lmaooo.

The music was on point and it was good hearing music from all the islands. I like how they did the base with the flags. Everyone really came out in their flags.