Rihanna didn't show up to P.M.'s funeral- some Bajans outraged

MadamStatuesque

I can only be me....
I was prompted to post this as I noticed a few Bajans arguing about this on Facebook. As I've been saying, if she was CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED to be somewhere, business calls and she cant be faulted for that. (some say she was to be in Europe that day or something so). Keep in ming that there are other Bajan artists who werent there, Livvi Franc, Shontelle, etc., but the main focus is on her for the fact that she is youth ambassador.

Initial article:
Rihanna sends tribute on PM’s passing
Barbados Grammy award winner Rihanna says the death of the late Prime Minister David Thompson is a great loss to Barbados.

In a statement from the singer, who was dubbed an Ambassador under the Thompson-led administration, today issued a short tribute on Thompson's passing, who died last Saturday at his private residence in Mapps, St Philip after his battle with pancreatic cancer.

Rihanna wrote: "I am deeply saddened by the passing of Prime Minister David Thompson. He was a great man. True to form, even as he battled cancer, he remained focused on fulfilling his public responsibilities. This is a great loss to our country. My thoughts are with his family, who loved him dearly, his friends and with all of the citizens of Barbados."

Rihanna sends tribute on PM’s passing -- NationNews Barbados -- Local, Regional and International News -- nationnews.com

Article response:

Barbadian entertainer claims work schedule prevents her attendance for PM’s funeral – Is Rihanna an ingrate, unpatriotic or both? Opinion by: Kammie “Swimming Upstream” Holder

I am a Barbadian blogger and a social activist who take my responsibility to readers seriously. Many of you abroad may or may not know that the Prime Minister of Barbados David Thompson QC of Rihanna’s home country Barbados has died.
With his passing, I took the decision to curtail all blogging for a week as a mark of respect. However, on reading the Nation Newspaper’s October 27th edition I have to break my silence. I was brought to tears by a print article titled “Rihanna Not Coming For Funeral” (online edition does not state the fact).

It is quoted by her agent Amanda Silverman, “Rihanna would not be attending the state Funeral next Wednesday November 3rd because her schedule would not permit.” As a Bajan and I think I speak for the majority of Bajans, Ms Silverman please tell Ms Fenty that America would have made her famous, but as a Cultural Ambassador with a diplomatic passport she also has a responsibility to her country.
To say the least, I find this excuse not flattering. Ms Fenty you must remember patriotic Barbadians are hurting at this time and will undoubtedly judge you harshly. Ms Silverman as Ms Fenty`s agent we expect you will use your influence to remind Ms Fenty of the significance of late US President John FitzGerald Kennedy’s statement; ”Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.”
Ms Fenty please do the right thing, show your appreciation and respect to a fellow Combermerian and Prime Minister who took a lot of criticism for how he treated you. May the family of our late Prime David Thompson find comfort that he lived by the creed “Dulce et Decorum Pro Patria Mori.” (Horace: It is sweet and fitting to die for one’s country.)

Barbadian entertainer claims work schedule prevents her attendance for PM?s funeral ? Is Rihanna an ingrate, unpatriotic or both? Opinion by: Kammie ?Swimming Upstream? Holder | The Bajan Reporter

Last edited:
G

Gladiator

Are those bajans serious ?....entertainers are not obligated to go these type funerals...You think the Bajan PM is obligated to go Rihanna funeral ?

iPicong

dem created that monster...........if she was not the youth ambassador or whatever title dey give she den she would not be obligated to do the right thing...........dey should have given the title to a real bajan patriot

T

T-MAKAA

Lol and u saying other artists have no excuse for not being at Blazer funeral

baxters

FRAUD
I was prompted to post this as I noticed a few Bajans arguing about this on Facebook. As I've been saying, if she was CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED to be somewhere, business calls and she cant be faulted for that. (some say she was to be in Europe that day or something so). Keep in ming that there are other Bajan artists who werent there, Livvi Franc, Shontelle, etc., but the main focus is on her for the fact that she is youth ambassador.

Initial article:
Rihanna sends tribute on PM’s passing
Barbados Grammy award winner Rihanna says the death of the late Prime Minister David Thompson is a great loss to Barbados.

In a statement from the singer, who was dubbed an Ambassador under the Thompson-led administration, today issued a short tribute on Thompson's passing, who died last Saturday at his private residence in Mapps, St Philip after his battle with pancreatic cancer.

Rihanna wrote: "I am deeply saddened by the passing of Prime Minister David Thompson. He was a great man. True to form, even as he battled cancer, he remained focused on fulfilling his public responsibilities. This is a great loss to our country. My thoughts are with his family, who loved him dearly, his friends and with all of the citizens of Barbados."

Rihanna sends tribute on PM’s passing -- NationNews Barbados -- Local, Regional and International News -- nationnews.com

Article response:

Barbadian entertainer claims work schedule prevents her attendance for PM’s funeral – Is Rihanna an ingrate, unpatriotic or both? Opinion by: Kammie “Swimming Upstream” Holder

I am a Barbadian blogger and a social activist who take my responsibility to readers seriously. Many of you abroad may or may not know that the Prime Minister of Barbados David Thompson QC of Rihanna’s home country Barbados has died.
With his passing, I took the decision to curtail all blogging for a week as a mark of respect. However, on reading the Nation Newspaper’s October 27th edition I have to break my silence. I was brought to tears by a print article titled “Rihanna Not Coming For Funeral” (online edition does not state the fact).

It is quoted by her agent Amanda Silverman, “Rihanna would not be attending the state Funeral next Wednesday November 3rd because her schedule would not permit.” As a Bajan and I think I speak for the majority of Bajans, Ms Silverman please tell Ms Fenty that America would have made her famous, but as a Cultural Ambassador with a diplomatic passport she also has a responsibility to her country.
To say the least, I find this excuse not flattering. Ms Fenty you must remember patriotic Barbadians are hurting at this time and will undoubtedly judge you harshly. Ms Silverman as Ms Fenty`s agent we expect you will use your influence to remind Ms Fenty of the significance of late US President John FitzGerald Kennedy’s statement; ”Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.”
Ms Fenty please do the right thing, show your appreciation and respect to a fellow Combermerian and Prime Minister who took a lot of criticism for how he treated you. May the family of our late Prime David Thompson find comfort that he lived by the creed “Dulce et Decorum Pro Patria Mori.” (Horace: It is sweet and fitting to die for one’s country.)

Barbadian entertainer claims work schedule prevents her attendance for PM?s funeral ? Is Rihanna an ingrate, unpatriotic or both? Opinion by: Kammie ?Swimming Upstream? Holder | The Bajan Reporter

bajans full of chunt

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
This one is kinda dodgy. She has a diplomatic passport, I interpret that to mean she is under/apart of his administration. At the same time if she contractually obligated to appear/do something else, then....

I think she should talk to and or have her ppl talk to whomever she's obligated to, explain the situation and see if arragements can be made where she can attend.

G

Gladiator

This one is kinda dodgy. She has a diplomatic passport, I interpret that to mean she is under/apart of his administration. At the same time if she contractually obligated to appear/do something else, then....

I think she should talk to and or have her ppl talk to whomever she's obligated to, explain the situation and see if arragements can be made where she can attend.
I read this part of the above article

baxters

FRAUD
dem created that monster...........if she was not the youth ambassador or whatever title dey give she den she would not be obligated to do the right thing...........dey should have given the title to a real bajan patriot

again bajans FULL OF CHUNT

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
does she really have a diplomatic passport? Youth Ambassador of Barbados doesn't have a seat in the UN or office space in Barbados Embassy in the US or England.... yes or no?

iPicong

if dat little bigforrid twat did dead dey woulda been giving she big state funeral..............ah guess is so it goes...........lesson to the wise and dotish

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
so how this pic get tek?

that look like a viewing so ppl in the country can come pay their respects b4 the actual funeral... besides the article said the funeral on nov 3rd not so?

doesn't really look like a church

Looks like a state building or soemthing ie all the podiums and mics

MadamStatuesque

I can only be me....
Could be him laying in state, giving ppl the opportunity to pay respects.
allyuh right. just sourced it.

but yeah, they arguing over it already.

maybe the fact that she is letting it be known in advance that she cant come is better than the day coming, not saying a word and then letting it be more outrage???

Last edited: