Poltical Union In The Southern Caribbean

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Three Caribbean islands pursuing political union

Sun, 02 Mar 2008 12:47:00

Trinidad and Tobago's Prime Minister Patrick Manning

By Peter Richards

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, CMC -At least three Caribbean Community (CARICOM) countries are seeking to establish a political union and will soon undertake a study on that possibility, Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves announced Saturday.

Gonsalves, who is ending a two-day official visit to Trinidad and Tobago, said that the union of the southern Caribbean would involve Grenada and the twin-island oil rich republic.

Gonsalves said that former St. Lucia prime minister Dr. Vaughan Lewis, who also served as the Director General of the sub-regional Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) and Trinidadian diplomat Dr. Cuthbert Joseph would be approached to undertake the feasibility study on the proposed union of the three islands.

Trinidad and Tobago Prime Minister Patrick Manning told reporters that his country "is prepared to enter into a political union arrangement with any country or countries in the Caribbean that are prepared to go along with us"

adding that " that has been our position from time immemorial (and) nothing has changed".

He said that that even though there had been many attempts at integration without much success "one advantage we have today is the advantage of our experience of the past".

"We are moving into a world today where you are moving from one way access to markets to reciprocity in trade and there are countries in the Caribbean that are very, very wary of that approach, fearing that they may not be able to survive in a world like that.

"There are some countries in the Caribbean that welcome it, who feel it can be done quite easily," he said noting that his oil-rich republic was among those states.

"What it will do for us, (is that) it will expose us to competition, it will spawn new companies...so that for us we welcome political integration in the Caribbean and we make ourselves available for discussions on this matter and we will be part of any discussions that will advance that course.

"As it now stands the promising movement that is emerging in the Caribbean is a movement in the southern Caribbean involving Trinidad and Tobago, Grenada, St. Vincent and the Grenadines and hopefully St. Lucia and it will be to that cause of integration in respect of which these four countries are discussing that we will discuss our efforts," he said.

Gonsalves said that while no specific date or terms of reference had been developed for the study, both himself and Prime Minister Patrick Manning had agreed on the need for a closer collaboration and unity among themselves.

"Cleary it is much better to have it formalised so that it doesn't depend on Patrick Manning being prime minister of Trinidad and Tobago or Ralph Gonsalves being the prime minister in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

"At the end of the day.and we can't have relations just on the basis of individual friendships, they have to be structured in some formal institutional arrangements," Gonsalves said.

"If you want to have a deeper form of integration involving political instruments it is not beyond the ingenuity of Caribbean people to fashion an arrangement which is appropriate to all the circumstances and the deepest form of arrangement the political market can bear.

"All of us know we cannot continue the way in which we have been going, but yet we don't want to think outside the boundaries of our individual sea and landscape. It is as though we believe we are immune to all the social laws of history," Gonsalves said.

"For my part, the words political union are not bad words; now it may well be I may be whistling in the dark, but what is a whistle in the dark today maybe in the light tomorrow or next week," he added.

cuunoos

De Cocoyea kid!
You beat me to the punch VP. I was just goin and post a link.

-Possible union of TnT with Grenada, St. Vincent and maybe St. Lucia.
How do you all feel about this?

Last edited:

cuunoos

De Cocoyea kid!
It CAN WUK if we KEEP arle de INDIANS in TRINIDAD.

MUDDERWUK!!!
:kicks:kicks

I n I REAL CHUBBLESOME yes.
Yes we know yuh chubblesome!

Nah man, we need tuh accept everybody.

As Eric say about de ill-fated WI. Federation "One from 10 leaves nought."

Think about it this way, Vincies might have an opportunity to learn to make roti, run some successful businesses and produce some sof hair dougla pickney.

But aay aay, Manning and Gonsalves talking some rel business dey, papa!
Trinidad News, Trinidad Newspaper, Trinidad Sports, Trinidad politics, Trinidad and Tobago, Tobago News, Trinidad classifieds, Trinidad TV, Sports, Business

ken_yatta

Banned
It would pretty much doom the Indian based political party in T&T. Panday or whoever would head the UNC would have to form a coalition with another party to remain viable because there would be so much migration of Blacks from the other Islands. This is what we need in Guyana and its what the PPP fears. Of course, they wouldn't mind a political union with T&T and Surinam since those countries have large Indian populations. Afro Guyanese have already formed and voted for multi ethnic parties, It's the Indian masses that keeps voting race.

marabunta

It will be fun watching de Imam recruiting dem Vincy, Grenadian and St.Lucian boys.........

.......an have all dem women walking around in Hijab.

Oneshot

where de crix
i am suspicious of the deal I am fearful of Trinidad buying out the OECS like they are doing Barbados

PTM

Stolen from Africa
This is a good thing. I see nothing but good coming out of this, however, they have to be very careful and don't rush to put something together because they want it done during their term in power.

If they can't get things started, we in Toronto could show them how. I've heard of an organisation in Toronto that have been working to form a single Caribbean organisation to be the voice of Caribbeans in Ontario. They call themselves, Council of Caribbean Associations Canada. They have the support of most island nation including Bahamas. Jamaica is missing from this group. I'm not sure why. I'll have to investigate. The group hosted a Career Fair on Saturday where they focussed on Law Enforcement-Emergency Services Careers. About 20 agencies showed up. I went by to check it out. It was well organised from what I could see.

Take a look at their flyer:

ken_yatta

Banned
This is a good thing. I see nothing but good coming out of this, however, they have to be very careful and don't rush to put something together because they want it done during their term in power.

If they can't get things started, we in Toronto could show them how. I've heard of an organisation in Toronto that have been working to form a single Caribbean organisation to be the voice of Caribbeans in Ontario. They call themselves, Council of Caribbean Associations Canada. They have the support of most island nation including Bahamas. Jamaica is missing from this group. I'm not sure why. I'll have to investigate. The group hosted a Career Fair on Saturday where they focussed on Law Enforcement-Emergency Services Careers. About 20 agencies showed up. I went by to check it out. It was well organised from what I could see.

Take a look at their flyer:

Mih nah see Guyana in deh.

dedetriniking

Nah nah this will not work. TnT have enough people from them islands already leeching off the system there and spreading ignorance and crime. What can they bring to the table that will be of value to tnt. It will be like adopting homeless orphans and bringing them into your house. Nan man lehwe concentrate on making tnt a well run country before we even think about uniting with anybody else.

Ah might take a chance on Grenada but them other islands could haul they arse!

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
I THINK this UNION can be a GOOD ONE.

We're TALKING about THREE CARIBBEAN NATIONS that have alot in COMMON.

Almost HALF of the POPULATION of TRINIDAD n TOBAGO can TRACE their ROOTS to either GRENADA or VINCYLAND.

That in itself is a GOOD START!

dedetriniking

I THINK this UNION can be a GOOD ONE.

We're TALKING about THREE CARIBBEAN NATIONS that have alot in COMMON.

Almost HALF of the POPULATION of TRINIDAD n TOBAGO can TRACE their ROOTS to either GRENADA or VINCYLAND.

That in itself is a GOOD START!
And that is wayyy more than the poor island can take...dais why its in the mess it in right now. Too many retards mixed in with the one or two good ones. Instead of unity we should be finding ways to keep any more of them simpletons from coming to tnt. Only those with something to offer we giving ah bligh. TnT is overrun right now.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
No More Alliances With Big Mouth Ignorant Vincies...not If I Can Help It!
Take a LOOK in the MIRROR and you will SEE IGNORANT with your NAME and FACE on it.

Anyhow, the VINCY PRIME MINISTER of TRINIDAD and TOBAGO, Patrick MANNING, the BEST PRIME MINISTER of T&T since WILLIAMS, wants this.

And what the VINCY PM wants, the VINCY PM of TRINIDAD will get.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
And that is wayyy more than the poor island can take...dais why its in the mess it in right now. Too many retards mixed in with the one or two good ones. Instead of unity we should be finding ways to keep any more of them simpletons from coming to tnt. Only those with something to offer we giving ah bligh. TnT is overrun right now.
LQQK in the MIRROR and you will see Mr. SIMPLETON.

dedetriniking

Take a LOOK in the MIRROR and you will SEE IGNORANT with your NAME and FACE on it.

Anyhow, the VINCY PRIME MINISTER of TRINIDAD and TOBAGO, Patrick MANNING, the BEST PRIME MINISTER of T&T since WILLIAMS, wants this.

And what the VINCY PM wants, the VINCY PM of TRINIDAD will get.
AH SAY STAY DE PHUCK OUT OF TNT..ESPECIALLY BIG MOUTH IGNORAMOUSES LIKE YOU....NO ASYLUM FOR ALLYUH BLOOD SUCKERS. WHY DE PHUCK ALLYUH WANT ALLIANCES WITH WE DISGUSTING TRINIS THAT ALLYUH PHUCKERS LAMBAST SO MUCH ON HERE. STAY DE PHUCK OUT. WATCH MEH! AH PELTING BIG STONE IN ALLYUH ARSES THE NEXT TIME AH SEE ANYONE AH ALLYUH WALKING IN TNT.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
AH SAY STAY DE PHUCK OUT OF TNT..ESPECIALLY BIG MOUTH IGNORAMOUSES LIKE YOU....NO ASYLUM FOR ALLYUH BLOOD SUCKERS. WHY DE PHUCK ALLYUH WANT ALLIANCES WITH WE DISGUSTING TRINIS THAT ALLYUH PHUCKERS LAMBAST SO MUCH ON HERE. STAY DE PHUCK OUT. WATCH MEH! AH PELTING BIG STONE IN ALLYUH ARSES THE NEXT TIME AH SEE ANYONE AH ALLYUH WALKING IN TNT.
No ONE has a BIGGER MOUTH than the SIMPLETON that is U. :kicks:kicks

LQQK pon your LETTERS for the EVIDENCE!.

dedetriniking

Unite With People Who Could Make You Better Not Phuckng Regress Yuh Society. Phuck Wrong With Manning. Someone Explain To Me What The Upside Is For Tnt...please!! We See The Mentality Of Some Of Them People In Full Display On The Forum Here. Who De Phuck Would Want To Unite With Such Is Beyond Me. Like Ah Said Grenada Might Be Ok..emphasis On Might..BY AND LARGE THEY ARE HUMBLE PEOPLE..but Vincyland...no Phucking Way.

MuSiQuE

SupaCalaFragilistik
Nah nah this will not work. TnT have enough people from them islands already leeching off the system there and spreading ignorance and crime. What can they bring to the table that will be of value to tnt. It will be like adopting homeless orphans and bringing them into your house. Nan man lehwe concentrate on making tnt a well run country before we even think about uniting with anybody else.

Ah might take a chance on Grenada but them other islands could haul they arse!
OK. we have a naysayer. I guess out of all the people in these islands, the most you can think of them is being ignorant and criminals?
I guess you're wayyy to nationalistic to be objective and open minded about this.