*****Official NBA 2010-2011 Season Thread*****

KimmyK

Waiting on my spaceship..
Really, it's quite ok to admit you're wrong. That's how we do over here in Sports Talk. No one was catching feelings, no need to go there wit dem kinna talks. We just got love and fun over here, the way sports should be!

So no more a dem "crumple up in yuh corner" feelings-type talk in dis here forum, OK? It's supposed to be all love here!!

:yahoo:
:drinks::drinks::drinkers
tell dat 2 the dat ran in here with something to prove,as opposed to watchin wat i wrote,laffing and keeping it moving

:pardon:

T

T-MAKAA

chooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops stop mekkin excuses man.
The Cavs weren't beating anyone but shitty teams back then either.

Philly, Washington, Jersey, Bucks, Celtics.
Which team SHOULDN'T be included in the group with the others??

People clowned the Celtics when they lost that game. No need to stop now.
The Cavs were already horrible prior to the Miami game.
People like to ignore that they lost the game prior to that by 20 points.

They simply went from shitty to shittier to shittiest.

Fine..and Lakers lost to them at their shittiest!! Really now.. Da damn ting is all over ESPN. If Boston had lost to them this week..the headlines would be the same if u compare it to the week 1 loss.

I was bowling and i gettin ting on my fbook about dis.. Funny enuff i smelled this coming though... no team gets beat 55 points and forgets and not play even harder. Not mentioning these bi-polar Lakers.

Last edited:

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
Fine..and Lakers lost to them at their shittiest!! Really now.. Da damn ting is all over ESPN. If Boston had lost to them this week..the headlines would be the same if u compare it to the week 1 loss.

I was bowling and i gettin ting on my fbook about dis.. Funny enuff i smelled this coming though... no team gets beat 55 points and forgets and not play even harder. Not mentioning these bi-polar Lakers.
I wouldn't even say that so much. They been (a little) better these days. Lost a close one to Dallas last week, beat the Clippers (who been playing well) outright, played Portland and Memphis pretty close...(flopped vs Wizards doh).

I'd say their absolute shittiest was mid-January, right after Sideshow Bob went down and they were completely lost and losing every game by 20+ points.

But you were right to smell this loss by the Lakers coming. Last game before the all-star break, last game of a long road-trip, the let-down after getting up for the Celtics game, alladat. Bi-polar is a good way to describe dem.

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
The most important game so far for the Heat and Bulls will be Feb 24th. I know it's early but I can't wait. Noah will be back and he has enough time to get in game shape after the during the all star break. There are no excuses. The Heat will have a healthy team and the Bulls will have a healthy team. The Bulls will be playing at home and in my opinion are a matchup nightmare for the Heat due to their superior PG play and size.
That depends on if they can find a football helmet for Mike Miller, or teach him to stop playing defense with his head, in time.

It will be kinda fun to see Lebron and Wade take turns trying to man up on who can stop Rose, after he spends 2 quarters treating whichever make-believe pointguard they put in front of him like a pylon.

Douce

Kimmy K, "If you find yourself in a hole you ought to stop digging."

Losing to the Cavs was a bad look for both the Celticss and Lakers, but I think people tend to be more critical of the Lakers than of Celtics and even more so of this new breed Heat.

RotiKing2004eva

The Bulls will have a ton of confidence now that they beat the Spurs. And I know it's the last game of their road trip and it's right before the All Star break, but they still beat the Spurs without having Noah. Derrick Rose looks like the MVP to me right now.

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
Surprised no one has mentioned Greg Popovich's more-than-curious homer selection putting Duncan in the ASG starting lineup :scratch

RotiKing2004eva

Surprised no one has mentioned Greg Popovich's more-than-curious homer selection putting Duncan in the ASG starting lineup :scratch
He shouldn't be there, it should be Lamarcus Aldridge in his place. I wonder if this is Duncan's last year? He doesn't seem to care about basketball and rings as much as other people. He seems like a David Robinson kind of guy. He has his mind set on living life and basketball greatness isn't his priority.

At any rate, it's great to see him in this all star game, and I believe it may be his last. I bet Shaq is hurt that he couldn't make the All Star game in L.A. but the other most dominant guys that played with and against him ( Kobe and Duncan ) both are in the game.

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
Ibaka shud' have at least get awarded a 48 on that first dunk attempt. Travesty!

Blake Griffins final dunk attempt.....yawn.

N!gga jumped over the hood of a compact, I can jump over the Hood of a compact....

I've seen a few dudes jump over the roof of the car, with no alley' str8 run leap and dunk it, and land on the ground.

Douce

^^^ I agree, especially with regard to Ibaka's dunk. I liked Blake's honey dip too and several others. Overall, this year's competition was way more entertaining than last year's.

RotiKing2004eva

Just wanted the dunk contest...last rounds were corny. The choir with Blake Griffen was beyond lame and it seemed like the contest was predetermined, like the NBA had a deal w. Kia to make sure Blake won. However, his dunk attempts were ridiculous, but his actual dunks were not. Not sure why Ibaka didn't get a 50 for dunking from the foul line. And this was the best dunk of the night and one of the best dunks ever.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LitGmKfqKKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Javale McGee two balls on two rims dunk was sick, but he had too many failed attempts so it took away from the greatness of that dunk

Last edited:

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
Just wanted the dunk contest...last rounds were corny. The choir with Blake Griffen was beyond lame and it seemed like the contest was predetermined, like the NBA had a deal w. Kia to make sure Blake won. However, his dunk attempts were ridiculous, but his actual dunks were not. Not sure why Ibaka didn't get a 50 for dunking from the foul line. And this was the best dunk of the night and one of the best dunks ever.

Javale McGee two balls on two rims dunk was sick, but he had too many failed attempts so it took away from the greatness of that dunk

This sh!t was such a POPULARITY contest....:rolleyes:

I blame Lebron and his DECISION. Kobe is getting Ole', and the NBA is in need/seeking a Face for the league...*Enters Blake Griffin*

Roti, I gree with the creative & difficulty of the two rim dunk. But the other under the baseline over hand reverse dunk javale did where he had to make sure he didn't hit his head on the backboard was Highly difficult for anyone, and even more for a 7footer. Dwight howard knows he doesn't have the agility to complete that dunk.

Ibaka's taking the stuff animal off the rim was lame, but creative and difficult.

Big up to Dr. J, ole Pimp' arse swiping a kiss on Javel mothers lips. :rofl:

Funny sh1t, Sir Charles taking a swipe at Gerald Greene...saying if he worked on his jumpshot like his dunks, he wud' still be in this league.

Also telling, Reggie Miller how his UCLA will be going to the N.I.T.

Kenny Smith, is the epitome of the phrase..."You can take the person out of NY, but u can't take the NYKER' out of them."...I swear he be at the park or on the block, or barbershop when he be running his mouth.

T

T-MAKAA

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LitGmKfqKKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was sickkkk

The Captain

Good All Star game!!!! Lebron hurt the East but as he got team-oriented the game got better. Kobe was on straight fire. Much deserved MVP, Durant played great and Lebron really shined with that triple double.

RotiKing2004eva

He's lost most of his lift, but he still dunked on Lebron (I call it getting dunked on since Lebron was fooled thinking Kobe would pass, and both slowed down, then Lebron tried to block his shot and Kobe dunked it). Imagine Lebron in his prime got dunked on by Kobe who is definitely passed his prime.

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh0FUb59L2Y0tvW705"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshh0FUb59L2Y0tvW705" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

Last edited:

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
He's lost most of his lift, but he still dunked on Lebron (I call it getting dunked on since Lebron was fooled thinking Kobe would pass, and both slowed down, then Lebron tried to block his shot and Kobe dunked it). Imagine Lebron in his prime got dunked on by Kobe who is definitely passed his prime.

Steups...come nuh roti.

Lebron when after the ball Maaaaaaaaad' late. and stil had his hand clean on the ball. Imagie if he went up with gusto, that ball cud be spinning on the sidelens if not the 3 point line. Kobe got away with a dunk, nothing climatic or vicious about that dunk.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RmvUVUGrftY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nWRC7N2dAu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RotiKing2004eva

Steups...come nuh roti.

Lebron when after the ball Maaaaaaaaad' late. and stil had his hand clean on the ball. Imagie if he went up with gusto, that ball cud be spinning on the sidelens if not the 3 point line. Kobe got away with a dunk, nothing climatic or vicious about that dunk.[/COLOR][/B]

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RmvUVUGrftY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nWRC7N2dAu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Getting dunked on is very subjective.

Both of the videos you showed I've argued w. people that Lebron got dunked on, but some people say he didn't. With Courtney Lee, some people say Lebron just got there late. With Amare some people say that Lebron didn't try to block him and he was just there.

I think Kobe slowed down, fooled Lebron, then accelerated, but Lebron definitely tried his best to block Kobe and the end result was that Kobe got the dunk. I think that qualifies as getting dunked on. Lebron wasn't late, he was just fooled by Kobe slowing down.