*****Official NBA 2010-2011 Season Thread*****

KimmyK

Waiting on my spaceship..
new 3 point record holder,best all time,Ray Allen!

Reggie look like he was about to cry....

RotiKing2004eva

That Bynum from last night is a problem, and a distributing Kobe is another situation that I wouldn't want the Celtics to deal with. If Kobe passes like he did last night then he'll lull the Celtics to sleep and in the 2nd half he'll just go off, but his teammates will be in rhythm and the Laker offense will gel.

Give Ray Allen credit though, he seems very classy and his bball work ethic made him who he is. Celts have time though, just get Perkins in shape and save Shaq and they'll beat or compete w. the Lakers on the inside.

If the Celts lose to Miami on Sunday, I'll start to get a little scared.

T

T-MAKAA

Celtic fans I have a question.. Y do u praise Perkins so much? Well not praise but what is it that makes him so special that its a huge thing if he isnt in?

@Roti.. Bynum could play much better though..they tried to run the offense through him in the beginning of 4th and he hesitated too much. Played okay though.

Respect to Allen.

RotiKing2004eva

Celtic fans I have a question.. Y do u praise Perkins so much? Well not praise but what is it that makes him so special that its a huge thing if he isnt in?

@Roti.. Bynum could play much better though..they tried to run the offense through him in the beginning of 4th and he hesitated too much. Played okay though.

Respect to Allen.
Perkins and KG know the defensive schemes better than anyone else on the team. Right now he's not in shape and that accounted for a lot of Bynums effectiveness I think.

Having Perkins and KG the team defense skyrockets. They tell Pierce, Rondo and Allen where to go and they are intense and are rarely out of position for defense and defensive rebounding. Plus they used to be very intimidating to drive on ( not sure if they'll still have that intimidation factor this year ).

Now adding Shaq helps the offense, but defensively the Celtics will suffer. At least he can intimidate and foul people hard and clog up the lane.

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
Yea, you'd have to assume that Perkins isn't close to 100% in shape at this point, same as Bynum. No training camp, no preseason. Prolly have to give both those guys a couple more months before they're completely back to normal effectiveness.

T

T-MAKAA

Perkins and KG know the defensive schemes better than anyone else on the team. Right now he's not in shape and that accounted for a lot of Bynums effectiveness I think.

Having Perkins and KG the team defense skyrockets. They tell Pierce, Rondo and Allen where to go and they are intense and are rarely out of position for defense and defensive rebounding. Plus they used to be very intimidating to drive on ( not sure if they'll still have that intimidation factor this year ).

Now adding Shaq helps the offense, but defensively the Celtics will suffer. At least he can intimidate and foul people hard and clog up the lane.
Well thats true, which is why many superstars do not drop heavy numbers on Boston unless their jumpshot is on. However even when he was healthy..I never thought of him as a top center and felt that Big Baby was more of a threat.. Your defensive explanation makes sense though..

M

Mad Scorpion

Well thats true, which is why many superstars do not drop heavy numbers on Boston unless their jumpshot is on. However even when he was healthy..I never thought of him as a top center and felt that Big Baby was more of a threat.. Your defensive explanation makes sense though..
Big Baby is the offense and Perkins is Defense if yuh want to simplify it. Perkins is a great role player. He knows his role and when healthy plays it almost to perfection. He has improved since Garnett's arrival as well. That time when KG make him cry look like it improved him mentaly because his defensive awareness is above many players at his position in the league. I am not even a celts fan but I could understand why Celts fans consider him integral to their aspirations.

Douce

The highlight of today's game

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GaEC84Ftrp8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RotiKing2004eva

Rondo and Big Baby are two people Miami has zero answer for. When Shaq comes back....and Delonte for the 'get in Lebron's head' factor...it's over...Celtics in 5 over the Heat come playoff time.

T

T-MAKAA

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GaEC84Ftrp8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
:rofl: I think it was hilarious how he knocked down Bosh? after..LOL

Douce

:rofl: I think it was hilarious how he knocked down Bosh? after..LOL
Yeah, that was Bosh. The best part was Rondo was sitting on the bench with a towel over his head trying to hide his face, but you could see his body rocking with laughter.

:eek:fftopic: Are any other Android users having trouble with the GameTime app? I haven't been able to open it since Saturday or Sunday.

T

T-MAKAA

Yeah, that was Bosh. The best part was Rondo was sitting on the bench with a towel over his head trying to hide his face, but you could see his body rocking with laughter.

:eek:fftopic: Are any other Android users having trouble with the GameTime app? I haven't been able to open it since Saturday or Sunday.
Its been fine for me.

T

T-MAKAA

Michael Redd to return to Bucks

MILWAUKEE -- Michael Redd is expected to rejoin the Milwaukee Bucks on Monday in his latest effort to return from a severe knee injury.

Redd last played 13 months ago when he tore both the ACL and MCL in his left knee in Los Angeles. Redd hasn't been with the team this season, opting to rehabilitate in Columbus, Ohio.

Redd's first step will be to work out with team trainers to determine a timetable on when he can return to practice. It's not clear when he might be ready to appear in a game.

He's Milwaukee's priciest asset, making $18.3 million in the final year of a $91 million, six-year contract he signed in 2005. Redd has averaged 20.2 points in his 10-year career and was a member of Team USA in the 2008 Olympics, but has appeared in just 51 NBA games since.

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
Fair Expectation or an Extreme one....:polling:

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=6126780"/></object>

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
Nice defensive effort by the knickerbockers' tonite against the hawks....

Big Up landry fields...

11pts 9rbs 5ast...4-5FGs...2-2 3ptFGs.

Felton is a NBA caliber guard, without a doubt...

But his game is too playground'ish., he needs some tutoring.

Last edited: