*****Official NBA 2010-2011 Season Thread*****

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
First Mitch say the Lakers need a trade; now Magic gone and say the same.

Wuh you think, motivational tactic or serious consideration??? :scratch

RotiKing2004eva

Extremely important game tonight for both the Magic and Heat. The Heat are all as healthy as they'll be for the rest of the season and have had the time to gel they needed.

The Magic have had enough time w. their new acquisitions so they can't use any excuse.

I think it will be a big mental blow if one of these two teams loses convincingly.

That southeast division is the best in bball (only division where at least 2 teams realistically can make it to the finals).

Oh yeah, and then the Lakers play the Spurs. Bet the game will get huge ratings now that that story was blown up about artest leaving.

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
Extremely important game tonight for both the Magic and Heat. The Heat are all as healthy as they'll be for the rest of the season and have had the time to gel they needed.

The Magic have had enough time w. their new acquisitions so they can't use any excuse.

I think it will be a big mental blow if one of these two teams loses convincingly.
Brandon Bass hurt his ankle and won't be playing; so that takes him out of the game and Ryan Anderson off of the bench. So I think that takes a fair chunk of meaning away from the game were the Magic to lose.
That southeast division is the best in bball (only division where at least 2 teams realistically can make it to the finals).
True, and I'd say the Southwest Division is right there too; can't really argue for one over the other. Southeast-1A and Southwest-1B.

T

T-MAKAA

I'm disappointed in the reserve selections. Happy for Westbrook and Blake. Deron is my boy buh he foh belong

Douce

I'm disappointed in the reserve selections. Happy for Westbrook and Blake. Deron is my boy buh he foh belong

Are you referring to the Celtics' big four? All of those guys are having a great season, which has translated into Boston's dominance of the East. With whom would you replace them? I'm sorry that Boozer didn't make it, but I guess he missed too many games. Same goes for Noah. I presume Kevin Love didn't make it because he's on a losing team.

Last edited:
T

T-MAKAA

Are you referring to the Celtics' big four? All of those guys are having a great season, which has translated into Boston's dominance of the East. With whom would you replace them? I'm sorry that Boozer didn't make it, but I guess he missed too many games. Same goes for Noah.
I'm not even thinking of the East to be honest. I don't think all 4 shud be selected but its not as crazy as a selection of Tim Duncan. Ill speak on this in a few hours..

The Captain

Are you referring to the Celtics' big four? All of those guys are having a great season, which has translated into Boston's dominance of the East. With whom would you replace them? I'm sorry that Boozer didn't make it, but I guess he missed too many games. Same goes for Noah. I presume Kevin Love didn't make it because he's on a losing team.
Personally, i felt Felton was snubbed big time. I fact i felt he should have been taken over Allen. The fact that two players from the 6th place team in the East the coaches felt it wasn't the way to go. I hope Felton now abuses whatever PG he plays for the rest of the year.

RotiKing2004eva

Personally, i felt Felton was snubbed big time. I fact i felt he should have been taken over Allen. The fact that two players from the 6th place team in the East the coaches felt it wasn't the way to go. I hope Felton now abuses whatever PG he plays for the rest of the year.
He needs to be in attack mode in order for the Knicks to be competitive. So, like you said, maybe it's a good thing he wasn't selected.

I think Josh Smith is more deserving of a slot but I don't care that much.

Duncan's slot should have gone to Kevin Love.

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
lol @ the Celtic homer. Westbrook, Griffin, and Williams are all in the West!!!

Homerish much :duck j/k
He needs to be in attack mode in order for the Knicks to be competitive. So, like you said, maybe it's a good thing he wasn't selected.

I think Josh Smith is more deserving of a slot but I don't care that much.

Duncan's slot should have gone to Kevin Love.
Yea, Chris Bosh and Al Horford seem a lil on the weak to me. Boozer missed a chunk of time, but people have gotten selected playing far less than the 30 games he's played to this point. 30 games of 20/10 ball is more than enough of a sample size.

Kinda wish ppl would stop beefing about Kevin Love. Either he (or long-shot Lamarcus Aldridge) will get selected to replace Yao Ming. Duncan got in because, hey, the team with the best record deserves multiple all-stars.

T

T-MAKAA

Dats bullsh*t. The team with the best record deserves multiple all-stars?? Since when was that a standard? Was that the case for the Bulls years back? or the Seattles and the Suns years ago? Y should peopl stop beefin anyway just because one of the two (Aldridge or Love) will get in because of an INJURY? The fact the coaches skipped over Love is nonsense.

Seem like you putting this ont he same level as MVP.. where u pick based on who record is better. I didnt list the names of who i think belong but Duncan surely shouldnt be one.

O and I really dont care about Boozer..he really gets no big ratings from me.

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
Dats bullsh*t. The team with the best record deserves multiple all-stars?? Since when was that a standard? Was that the case for the Bulls years back? or the Seattles and the Suns years ago
Umm, Michael Jordan/Scottie Pippen....Gary Payton/Shawn Kemp....Steve Nash/Amare Stoudemire.

Perhaps you've heard of those guys? :read: :dntknw:
Y should peopl stop beefin anyway just because one of the two (Aldridge or Love) will get in because of an INJURY? The fact the coaches skipped over Love is nonsense.
I guess ur right; if folks like stressin demselves over something that will be corrected and be a total and complete non-issue in a couple days, hey, be my guest. Plus, you're forgetting that this is a VOTE, not an all-hands-in selection. Ever occur to you that Aldridge and Love's votes ended up cancelling out each other?

What I mean is, what if most ballots had Duncan and Love OR Duncan and Aldridge? Fact of the matter is a lot of people couldn't decide between Lamarcus' putting Portland on his back with the whole team in a body cast around him, or Love's raw numbers.

Personal feelings aside, you HAVE to admit that is a valid consideration.

Seem like you putting this ont he same level as MVP.. where u pick based on who record is better. I didnt list the names of who i think belong but Duncan surely shouldnt be one.
No, I'm not, I'm just talking about how the thinking goes. That's the reality of it.

O and I really dont care about Boozer..he really gets no big ratings from me.
20 and 10 don't get ratings? Oh my. lol.

T

T-MAKAA

Ill be back to respond to the rest, but your examples just made me laugh as you put up real ALL STARS. Majority of the time they were voted by the fans as starters.

It seem like topics such as Lakers trade rumors and all star selection debate shouldnt be discussed because its no big deal to you. Yet it a feature in every nba blog across the web.. *shrug* I guess if ya boy Westbrook wasnt selected you might have dropped a line.

Like I said its not about Aldridge or Love..cause if i had a say it would be oDOM above those 2. Duncan should not be on there. Lol u putting Boozer numbers up? Yet...lol Anyway I said Boozer doesnt get any big ratings from me so i can care less if he is on or not.. thats more personal.

brb..

Last edited:

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
Ill be back to respond to the rest, but your examples just made me laugh as you put up real ALL STARS. Majority of the time they were voted by the fans as starters.
I think you misunderstood my point. You asked if it was the case with "those" teams, when those teams had multiple all-stars. So I'm confused by your examples. Seeing as how those teams had multiple all-stars, how were they relevant examples??? That was my point in mentioning those guys. Wouldn't you need to show a previous top-ranked team that had only one all-star selection to show that things are different nowadays???

It seem like topics such as Lakers trade rumors and all star selection debate shouldnt be discussed because its no big deal to you. Yet it a feature in every nba blog across the web.. *shrug* I guess if ya boy Westbrook wasnt selected you might have dropped a line.
Umm u gettin real confuse now. Didn't I just devote a whole paragraph to why Love or Aldridge should be on the team? How am I saying the debate shouldn't happen if I'm taking part in it?

As far as the Lakers trade rumours.....you let me know when a trade actually happens lol. Because a whole lot of people are talking about something makes it valid? How'd all that Carmelo-to-Jersey chatter pan out? Surely you're not making a case with group-think mentality lol.

Anyways, u turnin this thing sideways now. I simply expressin an opinion the same as you sayin Boozer is a non-issue. It really ain't that serious.

Like I said its not about Aldridge or Love..cause if i had a say it would be oDOM above those 2. Duncan should not be on there. Lol u putting Boozer numbers up? Yet...lol Anyway I said Boozer doesnt get any big ratings from me so i can care less if he is on or not.. thats more personal.

brb..
Well hey, if you take Duncan off you hadda put someone else on. I'm just making the case as to who.

edit: wait, first u said Love not making the team is "nonsense", now ur saying Odom should be there ahead of him.....and if you're saying it's not about Aldridge or Love, aren't you trying to curb my opinion same way u said I was trying to curb others??? :D

And btw there wasn't ever any danger of Westbrook not making the team :D

Last edited:

Douce

lol @ the Celtic homer. Westbrook, Griffin, and Williams are all in the West!!!Homerish much :duck j/k
I thought he mentioned those guys in the west as an aside. But yeah, I automatically went into defensive mode. :aikido:

On another note, who will be selected to fill in for Yao Ming?

Edit: just saw that you addressed the Yao Ming thing...

Last edited:

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer

Felton played his All Star numbers in December, and in December he stepped up from November. His numbers dropped in January, and I think u even stated that he's perform well though he's hurt. And, as far as the BOLD...he shud' have been doing that from the start of the season, and consistently and then he probably wudn't have been snubbed. He has All Star potential, but he's still playing like he's good enough to be a Starting PG in teh NBA. He needs to step up, by making better decisions of when to take over the game and drive the ball into the hole.

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
Wait, I just noticed this too:
First Mitch say the Lakers need a trade; now Magic gone and say the same.

Wuh you think, motivational tactic or serious consideration??? :scratch
Straight motivational. Isnt Magic a free agent now though...
...It seem like topics such as Lakers trade rumors and all star selection debate shouldnt be discussed because its no big deal to you....
So which one of us was it that was dismissing the Lakers trade rumours? :scratch :pardon:

I thought he mentioned those guys in the west as an aside. But yeah, I automatically went into defensive mode. :aikido:

On another note, who will be selected to fill in for Yao Ming?

Edit: just saw that you addressed the Yao Ming thing...
Yea, and now it's official: Minnesota's Love to replace Yao Ming in 2011 All-Star Game | NBA.com

Stern by all appearances picks the next-highest guy from the coaches vote. One of the few things we can say he does properly :blind:

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
This Fckn' piece of sh!t Coach!!!

How does a team go nearly 7 mins(6:25) in the 4th quarter and expect to win???

Why when u have and 8 point lead, every possession is a set-up for the three. Why are guards and small forwards getting below the foul line and kicking it out for three point shots. When they were 5 ft from making a lay-up?

Why...Why..Why..Why???

cuz, they have a numskull coach, and a bunch of jacka$$ assistants who sit there behind a retard' coach.

An in addition 21 secs left ur down by 2 points, u decide not to call a timeout??? I can understand the logic of not calling a time out, so the defense doesn't get a chance to set-up and defend u. Buh, u do that with a Vet' savvy or High Talent team. Not with these first year playing with each other players. Well, I'm going to the game Sunday....if u hear ah "Fire D'antoni" come across the crowd, know it was all my doing. :good:

MÉCHANT LOUP

Cervical Cancer
LOL.....never!

Not happening.

More wud' definitely have to be added, a few more players...cash considerations...a few 2nd round draft picks.

Knicks, Nuggets, Twolves discussing 3-team trade. Melo to NYK; Chandler, Corey Brewer, Minny 1st rnd pick to Den; ECurry, ARandolph to Minny