*****Official NBA 2010-2011 Season Thread*****

RotiKing2004eva

A man mentioned that rose plays on a stacked team? really what team is that?
cause i dont see it.....
When everyone is healthy:

PG: Rose
SG: Bogans ( hopefully he can play defense, and hopefully Korver can come off the bench and can hit 3's )
SF: Deng ( underrated borderline all star player, much like Lamar Odom )
PF: Boozer ( bonafied all star)
C: Arguably the best center in the league ( my argument is obviously his rebounding, his basketball IQ, his leadership and his intensity. Plus, I really think he's the best defensive player in the league because he has the ability alter shots, step up the lane and not in as much foul trouble as Dwight).

That's rose playing with 2 all stars. They will dominate the boards and all those players ( except Deng who plays out of control sometimes ) have high Bball IQ's.

That's a stacked team.

RotiKing2004eva

lol the hate is strong with you padawan...lol

but I agree to the point that he's gone way past annoying. As a Knick fan though, I'm more than comfortable hating on him (as a Miami Heat player) without a hint of shame lmao
DAMN!!!!!!! where is that hate coming from....
Reasons I hate Lebron James

• crab dribble
  • he travels constantly
  • I can't stand his arrogance
  • the refs favor him so much, he is never in foul trouble yet his best move is to bumrush the defender
  • he acts like he's shot when he get fouled and might lay down on the floor as if dead, then he'll get back up uninjured like a Serie A player
  • he told him mom,"sit yo a55 down" on national tv
  • he said 'remember, i'm a winner' after he lost to the magic and refuse to shake hands, then he said he's not a poor sport
  • WHY DOESN'T HE ENTER THE DUNK CONTEST? IS IT BENEATH HIM BUT GOOD ENOUGHT FOR DR J, JORDAN, AND KOBE?
  • after being eliminated by Boston in the playoffs he wore a "Check My $tats" t-shirt??? What does he really care about?
  • He is so loved by ESPN, yet the real next Jordan is right there with 5 rings on the verge of a 2nd threepeat with an 81 point game and they don't seem to show praise to him comparibly
  • he retracted his Karma statement like a little girl
  • he retracted his contraction statement like a little girl
  • he cried racism for his bad decision, when Magic, Jordan and Barkley berated him for his stupidity
  • he really has weak basketball fundamentals...and he's 6'8 with no inside moves

That's about all i could think of so far.

The Captain

Charles Barkley has said that Deron Williams, and all the other point guards, have been passed in the best-PG race, and that your new, best point PG in the NBA, is now..........................Derrick Rose!!!

Thoughts? :scratch
I'm relatively young but I will say this looks like the best era of PG's that the NBA has had. Paul, Rose, Rondo, Westbrook, Williams, Along with the 2nd tier of pgs such as Felton, Nash, and Jennings even though he is struggling and Jason Kidd keeping up (probably the greatest PG of my NBA watching experience). The league is stacked at PG.

When everyone is healthy:

PG: Rose
SG: Bogans ( hopefully he can play defense, and hopefully Korver can come off the bench and can hit 3's )
SF: Deng ( underrated borderline all star player, much like Lamar Odom )
PF: Boozer ( bonafied all star)
C: Arguably the best center in the league ( my argument is obviously his rebounding, his basketball IQ, his leadership and his intensity. Plus, I really think he's the best defensive player in the league because he has the ability alter shots, step up the lane and not in as much foul trouble as Dwight).

That's rose playing with 2 all stars. They will dominate the boards and all those players ( except Deng who plays out of control sometimes ) have high Bball IQ's.

That's a stacked team.

when has the bulls been healthy this season?

bogans is the worst starting guard in the league........absolute worst!

deng isnt a borderline all star. above average defender, spotty offense, he dissapears alot,,, recently hes, been playing good

Boozer is a all star caliber player, but he hasnt played enough. defensively he is very poor

Noah is my center but he aint the best center in the league at all and hes injured

bulls are my team so i tend to watch almost all there games when im home...the team isnt as stacked as u make them out to be... for most of the season they play 3 on 5 basketball either rose/deng/noah or rose/deng/ boozer... that is not a stacked team

RotiKing2004eva

when has the bulls been healthy this season?

bogans is the worst starting guard in the league........absolute worst!

deng isnt a borderline all star. above average defender, spotty offense, he dissapears alot,,, recently hes, been playing good

Boozer is a all star caliber player, but he hasnt played enough. defensively he is very poor

Noah is my center but he aint the best center in the league at all and hes injured

bulls are my team so i tend to watch almost all there games when im home...the team isnt as stacked as u make them out to be... for most of the season they play 3 on 5 basketball either rose/deng/noah or rose/deng/ boozer... that is not a stacked team
They have never been healthy all season, but that is a stacked team. By playoff time, mark my words, they will beat Miami and Orlando.

Speaking of which, the Hawks just beat the Heat + the Refs. The Hawks shot 3 free throws in the first 3 quarters and the heat shot about 26. The Hawks should have blown the Heat out but they were in foul trouble and Jamal Crawford and Josh Smith had some terrible fouls called against them.

Karma has struck again, 4 losses in a row for the Heatles.

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
Bloody hell....I've heard rumours and seen signs of this crap happening back in tha day, with the Magics & Stocktons of the league -- yes I said it! -- but it's still happening in the day and age of technology and internet?

What am I talking about? Bullshit assist padding by official scorers. Observe:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WGqn3oyGDb0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WGqn3oyGDb0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Orlando Magic vs. Boston Celtics - Play By Play - January 17, 2011 - ESPN

1st Quarter Summary
TIME ORLANDO SCORE BOSTON
12:00 Start of the 1st Quarter
12:00 0-0 Jumpball: Dwight Howard vs. Shaquille O'Neal (Kevin Garnett gains possession)
11:42 0-2 Shaquille O'Neal makes two point shot (Rajon Rondo assists)
Say what?!?

You know, on 2nd thought, with the amount of times this has been purported to happen back in tha day, maybe this is the only way to even out the point-guard comparisons by era.

smh.

bhalistix

It is I
Reasons I hate Lebron James

• crab dribble - Really
  • he travels constantly - Who doesn't
  • I can't stand his arrogance - They all have it
  • the refs favor him so much, he is never in foul trouble yet his best move is to bumrush the defender - REally
  • he acts like he's shot when he get fouled and might lay down on the floor as if dead, then he'll get back up uninjured like a Serie A player Really
  • he told him mom,"sit yo a55 down" on national tv - no excuse
  • he said 'remember, i'm a winner' after he lost to the magic and refuse to shake hands, then he said he's not a poor sport. SO
  • WHY DOESN'T HE ENTER THE DUNK CONTEST? IS IT BENEATH HIM BUT GOOD ENOUGHT FOR DR J, JORDAN, AND KOBE? - you hate teh man cause he won't enter a contest
  • after being eliminated by Boston in the playoffs he wore a "Check My $tats" t-shirt??? What does he really care about? - Well when the lost is placed on his back how else can he say
  • He is so loved by ESPN, yet the real next Jordan is right there with 5 rings on the verge of a 2nd threepeat with an 81 point game and they don't seem to show praise to him comparibly - WHAT?????
  • he retracted his Karma statement like a little girl
  • he retracted his contraction statement like a little girl
  • he cried racism for his bad decision, when Magic, Jordan and Barkley berated him for his stupidity - What bad decision
  • he really has weak basketball fundamentals...and he's 6'8 with no inside moves

That's about all i could think of so far.
Dude you must be just a mad KNICKS fan...... that just hate for no reason.

T

T-MAKAA

Lol

STEADY EDDY
Eddy Curry went through his most extensive practice with the team, but D'Antoni could not say when, if ever, Curry will play again. "I think he's doing better but he's still not quite in shape," he said. "I can't do it until he gets perfectly in shape. I can't risk it." If Curry is not traded by Feb. 24, the Knicks will likely negotiate a buyout of his contract, which expires July 1.

Read more: Mike D'Antoni emphasizes defense in Knicks practice after Amar'e Stoudemire criticizes team's energy

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
Dude you must be just a mad KNICKS fan...... that just hate for no reason.
Seems to be a lot of confusion in this thread all of a sudden. Roti is a Celtics fan. A huge Celtics fan. And a Red Sox and Patriots fan too. How could anyone miss that.

You can't reach for that knee-jerk he-beat-us, he-didn't-sign-with-us, reply. The Celtics have been beating LeBron into submission for years, obviously.

Try another reasoning....like umm maybe he is hating WITH a reason?

Whether you wanna listen or not, LeBron has been a pretty detestable character the past couple of years. I mean, how you could possibly even try to defend someone disrespecting their own mother in public on national TV really and truly boggles the mind.

And if you can't see that ESPN has been nuthugging on LeBron wayyyyy more than Kobe this year, then....wow, don't know how anyone could miss that.

bhalistix

It is I
Seems to be a lot of confusion in this thread all of a sudden. Roti is a Celtics fan. A huge Celtics fan. And a Red Sox and Patriots fan too. How could anyone miss that.

You can't reach for that knee-jerk he-beat-us, he-didn't-sign-with-us, reply. The Celtics have been beating LeBron into submission for years, obviously.

Try another reasoning....like umm maybe he is hating WITH a reason?

Whether you wanna listen or not, LeBron has been a pretty detestable character the past couple of years. I mean, how you could possibly even try to defend someone disrespecting their own mother in public on national TV really and truly boggles the mind.

And if you can't see that ESPN has been nuthugging on LeBron wayyyyy more than Kobe this year, then....wow, don't know how anyone could miss that.
Dont know any ones allegiance in here. Sorry haven't been paying close attention.

Most superstar have detestable character the only difference is who we like and who we don't, we make excuse for those we like and demonize those we don't...

i didn't defend his swearing at his mother, i said 'no excuses" full sentence "There is no excuse for a man talking to his mother like that, EVER!!!!!!!."

Lebron ################ riding started the day he entered the league, his hatred however truly started this year. By his 2nd year espn people were talking about him as the best player in the league, the next michael jordan, possibly the greatest player ever. Don't see how anyone could miss that

Talking about calls, WTF don't all superstars get that shit about they get friendly calls. after all he is the next michael jordan right.

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
Most superstar have detestable character the only difference is who we like and who we don't, we make excuse for those we like and demonize those we don't...
I soooo agree with you on this 150%. I hate when ppl say Kobe is arrogant and such, meanwhile they're praising Jordan. Kobe can't even touch Jordan on the arrogance meter. And neither of them can touch athletes in individual sports like track and boxing. It just comes with the territory. You can't reach their levels of greatness without a measure of arrogance.

Thing about Lebron that is setting himself from the pack is the dumb shit that comes out of his mouth, and the way he apologizes for nothing. For me he started years ago when he tried to ridicule the Starbury sneakers as cheap. How much more of a dumb industry Nike slave can you possibly be? (It didn't help matters that the Starbury's were actually good quality sneakers.)

Honestly, I give him a bly on some of things he does in the heat of the moment, everything from the not-shaking-hands to the twitter post. It's what he does after that is so idiotic. I mean, dude, you effed up, be a man and own it and/or stop excusing your petulant behaviour. He's got another level of my-shit-don't-stink that we never seen. Muhammed Ali never tried to defend how he ridiculed Joe Frazier, and eventually apologized. LeBron? He'd tell you that he didn't know the meaning of the word "gorilla" till he looked it up on the 'net and that someone else said uncle tom.

i didn't defend his swearing at his mother, i said 'no excuses" full sentence "There is no excuse for a man talking to his mother like that, EVER!!!!!!!."
oh! ok my bad, i read that wrong. i thought u were saying that's no excuse to hate on him on that. seen seen.

bhalistix

It is I
I soooo agree with you on this 150%. I hate when ppl say Kobe is arrogant and such, meanwhile they're praising Jordan. Kobe can't even touch Jordan on the arrogance meter. And neither of them can touch athletes in individual sports like track and boxing. It just comes with the territory. You can't reach their levels of greatness without a measure of arrogance.
boy sound like you were listen to me argue with a fool some where and you come back and post my argument, i go have to check de house for bugs..

Thing about Lebron that is setting himself from the pack is the dumb shit that comes out of his mouth, and the way he apologizes for nothing. For me he started years ago when he tried to ridicule the Starbury sneakers as cheap. How much more of a dumb industry Nike slave can you possibly be? (It didn't help matters that the Starbury's were actually good quality sneakers.)

Honestly, I give him a bly on some of things he does in the heat of the moment, everything from the not-shaking-hands to the twitter post. It's what he does after that is so idiotic. I mean, dude, you effed up, be a man and own it and/or stop excusing your petulant behaviour. He's got another level of my-shit-don't-stink that we never seen. Muhammed Ali never tried to defend how he ridiculed Joe Frazier, and eventually apologized. LeBron? He'd tell you that he didn't know the meaning of the word "gorilla" till he looked it up on the 'net and that someone else said uncle tom.

Let be clear here - i always dislike lebron james, from day one. I use to argue with my boy all the time that Melo was a more complete player than him coming into the league. To this day, i believe that lebron is one of those freaks we have in basketball every now and then who is using his freakishness to get him where he is, much like SHAQ was a freak.

AS for the shit he does, what do you expect from someone who has had thing handed to him all his life. One yr of college could teach u how to be eloquent if nothing else.