Official DC Carnival 2008 Thread

Shams

Bajan Ringbang
Has anyone heard anyting on Machel being in DC fuh carnival ?,.. ah heard he was suppose to be, but that was months back,.. now as de clock ticks down ah eh seeing anyting on him, not even a flyer,. so anyone have any news ? :help::security:
Heard he is not going to be here :(.

Last edited:

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
I find the flyers for the fetes coming a lil slow this year
yeah, and same thing for some of these band launches...I just hope with all of this anticipation they're trying to build that everything on the road will last longer than 4 hrs

YardiePrincess

yeah, and same thing for some of these band launches...I just hope with all of this anticipation they're trying to build that everything on the road will last longer than 4 hrs
I am not sure that is up to the band leaders. The parade is suppossed to start at 11 and go to four but people come late and ting so..prolly be the same...i just pray its not less. But I firmly believe the gonna shut it down 4pm again.

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
I am not sure that is up to the band leaders. The parade is suppossed to start at 11 and go to four but people come late and ting so..prolly be the same...i just pray its not less. But I firmly believe the gonna shut it down 4pm again.
not up to the bandleaders, but the organizers and the city (even though bands don't hit the road until around 12:30 lol). If we get the starting of everything on the road at least around 10:30, then I guess things will start at 11, lol. I would love for it to end at like 6 like it used to a couple of years back.
Oh yeah I was coming here to post the list for the bands courtesy of facebook (I swear I'm getting more info from there instead of the official site):

AFRI CARNIVAL
12420 PRETORIA DRIVE, Silver Spring, MD 20904
Type of Band: Small Band
Leader: Ifeanyi Nwoko
Tel: (443) 418-3112
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bahamas Junkanoo
8228 Allentown Road
Fort Washington, MD 20744
Type of Band: Small Band
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CARIBE
8228 Allentown Road
Fort Washington, MD 20744
Type of Band: LARGE BAND
Leader: Clyde Thompson & Earl Holder
Tel: (301) 248-1306

CROSSROADS

DE ISLAND MASQUERADERS
2300 GOOD HOPE ROAD, SE.,
SUITE 323
WASHINGTON, DC 20030
Tel: (202) 610-1924

DC PANJAMMERS
915 EMERSON STREET, NW
WASHINGTON, DC 20011
Type of Band: STEELBAND
Leader: Emlyn Harewood
Tel: (202) 256-1173

DE GARAGE BOYZ, INC.
4506 Hamilton Street
Hyattsville, MD 20774
Leader: Cindy Alexis
Tel: (301) 324-7807

GRENADA JAB JAB
17649 PRINCE EDWARD DRIVE
OLNEY, MD 20832
Type of Band: SMALL BAND
Leader: ADRIAN LALDEE
Tel: (301) 370-4633

I.C.E. ENTERTAINMENT
6204 Liberty Heights Terrace
Gwynn Oak, MD. 21207
Leader: Germaine Bowen
Tel: 240-447-2417
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JACKIE & ASSOCIATES
805 Philadelphia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Leader: Jackie Cumberbatch
Tel: (301) 565-9037 or (301) 588-8718

PANISHA
7311 17TH AVENUE
W. HYATTSVILLE, MD 20783
Leader: PATRICE FRANCIS
Tel: (202) 378-7523 OR (301) 445-1021

PANMASTERS STEEL ORCHESTRA
4559 Rhode Island Avenue
Brentwood, MD
Type of Band: STEELBAND
Leader: Steve Reid
Tel: 301-864-2610

RASCALZ
Leader: KEITH FLETCHER
Tel: (240) 498-7669

ROOTS & CULTURE
4805 10TH STREET, N.W.
WASHINGTON, DC 20017
Leader: KENNETH BARRINGTON
Tel: 2O2-257-6946

SHORTMUS PRODUCTIONS
3830 South Capitol Street
SE Washington, DC 20032
Leader: Kenley John "Shortmus"
Tel: 202-549-4142

SUPER JOCKS & COMPANY
6610 Robinia Road
Temple Hills, MD 20748
Leader: Earl Blake
Tel: 301-254-2415

TRINI NITE LITERS
6211 85th Place
NEW CARROLTON, MD 20784
Leader: KENRICK SHEEN
Tel: 301-918-1728 OR 240-394-0131 or 301-203-6873

TRINI PAN AMERICA
6519 PINEY BRANCH ROAD, N.W.
WASHINGTON, DC 20011
Type of Band: Steelpan
Leader: LENOX LIVERPOOL
Tel: 202-387-7813

VIRGIN ISLANDS CARNIVAL TROUPE
7230 Mahogany Drive
Hyattsville, Md. 20785
Leader: Renaldo Raymo & Ivah Chesterfield Jr.
Tel: 301-333-9277

WACAHAPA
1204 Jackson Ave.
Takoma Park, MD 20912
Type of Band: LIVE BAND
Leader: JC Vivens

WASHINGTON RAMPAGE
9512 Lawns berry Terrace
Silver Spring, MD 20901
Leader: Yolanda Alleyne
Tel: 301-588-7650

XRADIO.COM
6401 14th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20012
Leader: Jeanette Cotton & Martin Alvarado

ZODIAC
3 Laughton Street Upper Marlboro , MD 20770
Leader: Marina Bhola & Charmain Patterson
Tel: 202-715-0071 or 301-642-7100

23 bands, we need the two big bands back in the game

Shams

Bajan Ringbang
I believe Traffic (and maybe Allison Hinds) will be at Xroads the Saturday night and not the Friday night as previously advertised.

Shams

Bajan Ringbang
yeah you're right, I had to go on their website just to make sure (yeah Ms. Hinds will be there as well). The information I got was from the official carnival website.

^^^ apologize if they're huge trying to do this quickly while the baby is sleeping.

I'm saying who is playin mud this year? I don't want to find out the week after of sobering up, and looking through pix to find out that there were members that I could've linked up with, lol. Who is everyone playing with in general? Also so far from the selection which fetes are y'all going to? And yardie what is this big fete at the armory? :polling:
Heard some good things about the mud band. I am torn between playing Mud and playing with the paint section of the Blu band (Blu Carnival | Find your blu).
hmmmm options options options.

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
Heard some good things about the mud band. I am torn between playing Mud and playing with the paint section of the Blu band (Blu Carnival | Find your blu).
hmmmm options options options.
Blu Carnival | Find your blu

Two paint bands, wow don't forget to add Rascalz to your options.
*EDIT*
An actual airbrush band???? OH shucks, we're getting big time now! :dance:
Big as in SuperNova with Bunji/Fayann & Roy Cape Allstars with Iwer, Hunter

link: http://www.knockboyz.com/
STOP you're gonna make me faint right here at my computer, lol

Last edited:

Taj

Loyalty to Loyalty
Has anyone heard anyting on Machel being in DC fuh carnival ?,.. ah heard he was suppose to be, but that was months back,.. now as de clock ticks down ah eh seeing anyting on him, not even a flyer,. so anyone have any news ? :help::security:
He ha court case to take care of

Ummm good thing there is imix cuz the "official website" is sorely lacking.

Police

SUPERNOVA....DC Carnival

SUPERNOVA is the party to be at on Sat. nite!!!! Bunji, Fayann & Asylum, Iwer, Blaxx, Olatunji, Trini Jacobs & Roy Cape All Stars....

DC Armory, RFK Stadium

www.knockboyz.com

westndnbeauty

Livin' life in High Def..
WoooooOOOOoooy!!! :yahoo:

What's de word, people!!! Iz been donkey years, yes???

I back on de scene and trying to see wha iz playing dong fuh DC carnival...This thread is most informative...Thanks!! :derisive: