Official DC Carnival 2008 Thread

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
for all those looking for Rascalz info

here's an e-mail they sent me last night

Our Presentation for 2008 is Re-jouvert-nate (Rejuvenate).

Look-out for our website launch later this week. Band registration will commence with the site launch.

We look forward to another exciting year on the road. Thank you for your continuing support.

Thanks,
Rascalz Management
I'll post more info when I receive it, but shoot they're taking forever with the mud band registration. anybody else thinkin of playin mud this year?

nicholem718

DC Carnival fetes

Shine is on Sunday-- that's a hot breakfast fete. The Friday fete with Bunji and Fayann is going to be hot. They added Blaxx to the ticket.

ICE

Just heard on radio..Bunji, Faye-Anne, Iwer in Baltimore week before DC Carnival!

Lake Clifton Park!
Heading to local Caribbean store to pick up flyer for more details. Anyone else know about this?

trinisocavibe

Razcalz on de road! One of DC's largest bands!

I have been playing with them since the beginning and always have fun, fun, fuN!!!

SATURDAY JUNE 28TH, 2008

LOOK OUT FOR RASCALZ ON THE ROAD

DC CARNIVAL 2K8

Look-out for our website launch later this week. Band registration will commence with the site launch.

We look forward to another exciting year on the road.

Thank you for your continuing support.

nadi

whatever yes
I have been playing with them since the beginning and always have fun, fun, fuN!!!

SATURDAY JUNE 28TH, 2008

LOOK OUT FOR RASCALZ ON THE ROAD

DC CARNIVAL 2K8

We look forward to another exciting year on the road.

Thank you for your continuing support.
Whats rascalz website?

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
i think this is it
RASCALZ
yup I was just coming here to post...I'm liking their theme :scratch:
Rascalz -De wickedest band in DC!

U've been patient but it's that time again!!
DC CARNIVAL 2008!!

REGISTER NOW for Rascalz @ Rascalz -De wickedest band in DC! to jump up wid de wickedest band in Washington, DC Caribbean Carnival.

Thanks,
Rascalz Management
I will say I worrying about my beloved mud band because they hadn't updated their site. of course I check the site today, and they just had a fete/ band launching this past saturday (go frikkin fig!). I'll keep y'all posted on that info. also africarnival is back, and i'm somewhat feeling their costumes. anyone see anything for panisha, or Jackie and Associates?

Last edited:

Shams

Bajan Ringbang
Lake Clifton Park!
Heading to local Caribbean store to pick up flyer for more details. Anyone else know about this?
Hey Ice i saw the flyer for this show here: Goldentouch Worldwide - Events

for the others i heard mudd registration should be around 7-14 - not sure which day.

Yeah but everybody seems to be sticking this year steups!!

I played wid ice one year and rascalz last year but this year i get rope into the mudd crew!!! since Aming stop bringing mass i like a darn fish out of water!! damnit!!

yup I was just coming here to post...I'm liking their theme :scratch:
Rascalz -De wickedest band in DC!

I will say I worrying about my beloved mud band because they hadn't updated their site. of course I check the site today, and they just had a fete/ band launching this past saturday (go frikkin fig!). I'll keep y'all posted on that info. also africarnival is back, and i'm somewhat feeling their costumes. anyone see anything for panisha, or Jackie and Associates?

here's a link to jackie's band
Home Page

here's the link for panisha band
Panisha Masquerade Band

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
Hey Ice i saw the flyer for this show here: Goldentouch Worldwide - Events

for the others i heard mudd registration should be around 7-14 - not sure which day.
really?? thanks b/c i just sent them an e-mail
Yeah but everybody seems to be sticking this year steups!!

I played wid ice one year and rascalz last year but this year i get rope into the mudd crew!!! since Aming stop bringing mass i like a darn fish out of water!! damnit!!
c'mon to the mud side of life...i'm trying to meet as many imixers as possible this year
here's a link to jackie's band
Home Page

here's the link for panisha band
Panisha Masquerade Band
thanks...I just like looking at the costumes, one year I'll be able to convince hubby to play pretty mas

Swerve

Temporary Suspension
Lake Clifton Park!
Yeah Sunday the 21st..
Dont think its Baltimor Carnival though.. Bmore Carnval"s" are July and September.
This is just a west indian day in the Park. Use to be TnT day but I guessed they diversed. A big name reggae artist is supposed to be there as well but I forgot who.

I'll track down info

trinisocavibe

Bunji, Fay Ann & Blaxx DC Carnival Friday Night

One of DC's biggest fetes for DC Carnival will be Elements of Soca featuring Bunji, Fay Ann & Blaxx with the Asylum Band on DC Carnival Friday, June 27
@ Zanzibar----2 floors, 5 bars & outside patio! 7pm-4am...Top Caribbean DJs--Back to Basics, Natural Freaks, Eternal Vibes & more

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
hey thanx,. ah have de flyer but forgot tuh ad it lol,.. ah been so buzy tryin tuh keep de site rollin,.. ah still lookin fuh info. on Machel, so if u hear anyting, please ad it.
no problem, I have my eye out for it on facebook because going on the official website ain't finding much. r u going to Gal Farm? It's still up in the air for me, but I do want to see Machel (all of these years I still ain't see the man).

oh for those looking for all-inclusive, here's another band Family and Friends, and I think it's their first year (the costumes look decent).

ICE

Ricky T in DC!

I.C.E. Carnival is extremely proud to announce that St. Lucia's own, Ricky T will be on our truck and performing at our DC Carnival Saturday night event.

We also wish to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone that made it to our Backyard BBQ over the weekend!! Check out www.icecarnival.net for more info about playing mas with our all-inclusive band.

Can you say PRESSURE BOOM??!!

BLESS

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
for those looking for Rascalz info

Masqueraders,
our Trauma Nurse section in size Large (Tank top and Red Shortie) is sold out. Costumes are limited quantitites and on a first come first served basis.

Description of the female costume shorts & shortie
Shorts: They are very simliar to cheerleader shorts with an elastic waist-band
Shortie: They are boy shorts (and of course are shorter than the shorts)

Check our website for additional costumes details Rascalz -De wickedest band in DC! and we look forward to seeing you on de road for DC Carnival 2008!!!

Thanks,
Rascalz Management

RicosMixxx

Has anyone heard anyting on Machel being in DC fuh carnival ?,.. ah heard he was suppose to be, but that was months back,.. now as de clock ticks down ah eh seeing anyting on him, not even a flyer,. so anyone have any news ? :help::security: