My latest Novel

BacchanalDiva

Strange that Selvon seems to be on par w/ George Lamming and I've never read anything of his. Have to try a couple of his titles. Now allyuh have me back on my Caribbean author kick lol

BacchanalDiva

bacchanal diva.. :confused.. wha you mean you doh kno about Samuel Selvon?? doh cuss meh gyul! lol.... you should read The Lonely Londoners :rofl:, A Brighter Sun, Turn Again Tiger, Those who eat the cascadura... i love caribbean writers who use colorful language.. and break away from the stiff british style.. lol..
yea I just checked him out on Amazon and guess my head was in the sand on him. I just ordered Lonely Londoners but shoulda prob checked my sis collection first.

Queen Macoomeh

bacchanal diva.. :confused.. wha you mean you doh kno about Samuel Selvon?? doh cuss meh gyul! lol.... you should read The Lonely Londoners :rofl:, A Brighter Sun, Turn Again Tiger, Those who eat the cascadura... i love caribbean writers who use colorful language.. and break away from the stiff british style.. lol..
Well the only things stiff in my novel is...ok...lemme hush too now.

BacchanalDiva

Finally finished it and 1st thing I have to say is...

The 2 gods....YOOOOO!!!! I was COMPLETELY unprepared for that!! Don't want to ruin the book for anyone so lemme just say..as promised, was plenty ole talk and caribbean style bacchanal..lots of hot, steamy sex..definitely a fun, fast paced read but still managed some of the depth and substance I think we all crave when we pick up something by a west indian author.

The end disturbed me!!! WDJ she have to talk about??? Eagerly awaiting the sequel!

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
does it have plenty sex in it? i'm not really into erotic literature.. or romance novels.. so if its just a quick pass thru then i;m fine but a full out "purple manhood".. i'mma get irritated lol

BacchanalDiva

does it have plenty sex in it? i'm not really into erotic literature.. or romance novels.. so if its just a quick pass thru then i;m fine but a full out "purple manhood".. i'mma get irritated lol
Nah, there's a real story there..not just fluff around sex scenes. She doesn't kill you w/ details..erotica..the only scenario that's actually detailed is..ummm...well...not your average sex scene and worth detailing is all I can say :kicks

Queen Macoomeh

aha! :rofl:
Glad you liked it, Diva! Put your review on Amazon for me?

LadyRasta, there are a couple sizzling scenes, this book isn't for the Ladies Auxiliary Church Reading Group, but I'd like to think there is primarily a solid story there...one way to find out. :taunt:

The sequel is underway. I'm hoping to have it ready by mid 2013.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
i just finished this book.. i enjoyed it.. i feel the same way as BD about the ending though.. cos is like?? wtf you want! but the characters have their depth.. and i enjoyed the connection that i felt to them... we all k now people like all of these people.. families really are complex entities...