Mix music in parties

Fiyah

kevlocks said:
JED!!!! Yuh cyan sit deah an tell meh dat when yuh does meet ah gyul an de Beres Hammond does come on yuh a$$ ain't puttin in some wurk Boi!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Mek him stay! I don't know any soca tunes that yuh can classify as "panty droppas" music ... but Berres or some Luciano .. or Jah Cure! Hmmpphh!!!

S

sharkie

kevlocks said:
A have ah pack a depends yuh left in meh car lastnight waitin fuh yuh ;)

yeah, ah get that on sale by bj's.

ah decided to leave yuh with it though...........ah know yuh need it.

kevlocks

aka Karl Logan
Eh Fiyah!!!!

Can we make a clear seperation between reggae and dancehall music?? the reason why I'm asking is becuase I think there's a BIG difference when it comes to paties, what's popular and wolrdwide acceptance.

Fiyah

Soca Taliban said:
Is like because
1. It's advertised more
2. People ignorant everything is reggae to some who doh know.
3. I does be partying to reggae but is when dah 1st soca tune drop that people really getting on bad and mashing up de place.
Popular doh always mean good. Remember that! Popular usually goes hand in hand with $$$ not quality!
So you really convinced that Soca is only not more appreciated than Reggae because of the lack of exposure and the money involved?! Hmmmm .... When last you been back to Trinidad? Because I will tell you now that, apart from around Carnival time, Reggae is the most popular genre of music in Trinidad the land of Soca.

kevlocks

aka Karl Logan
sharkbait said:
yeah, ah get that on sale by bj's.

ah decided to leave yuh with it though...........ah know yuh need it.

Luv, ain't nuttin worng wit meh system!! Yuh de one dais eat alluh de wile meat yuh can get yuh hands on!!!!! :rolleyes:

S

sharkie

kevlocks said:
Luv, ain't nuttin worng wit meh system!! Yuh de one dais eat alluh de wile meat yuh can get yuh hands on!!!!! :rolleyes:

listen here old man....

:tekdat

Soca Taliban

Freedom
kevlocks said:
JED!!!! Yuh cyan sit deah an tell meh dat when yuh does meet ah gyul an de Beres Hammond does come on yuh a$$ ain't puttin in some wurk Boi!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Of course, slow grin all day, but not to this new dancehall crap!!

Fiyah

kevlocks said:
Can we make a clear seperation between reggae and dancehall music?? the reason why I'm asking is becuase I think there's a BIG difference when it comes to paties, what's popular and wolrdwide acceptance.
There is a separation. Reggae is the more popular and older than its sub-cultural counterpart Dancehall. But Dancehall still way outranks Soca in popularity and hype.

kevlocks

aka Karl Logan
fiyah said:
So you really convinced that Soca is only not more appreciated than Reggae because of the lack of exposure and the money involved?! Hmmmm .... When last you been back to Trinidad? Because I will tell you now that, apart from around Carnival time, Reggae is the most popular genre of music in Trinidad the land of Soca.
Have to disagree. Soca and Calypso is de heart ah Trinidad. Right now, that's all you gonna hear on the radio. Unfortunately,after Carnival season, you'll hear a lot of hip hop becuase everybody wants to be what they see and hear on BET (which I'm pretty sure is the same case in JA).

Soca Taliban

Freedom
fiyah said:
There is a separation. Reggae is the more popular and older than its sub-cultural counterpart Dancehall. But Dancehall still way outranks Soca in popularity and hype.
Hype means nothing to me. Oh ah wonder now why consious reggae is back on the rise, because dey whole dancehall fade is dying, why because it was garbage.

kevlocks

aka Karl Logan
fiyah said:

I truely believe that the only reason why this is the case is becuase TT hasn't had a true crossover artist like JA has. JA has had several artists cross over to main stream airwaves (ie - de immortal bob marley, who paved the way for Buju, Beres, Beenir, Shabba, etc etc). I use to think that Machel would be that artist, but I don't think so becuase he gettin older now and that window of opportunity is closing.

Soca Taliban

Freedom
kevlocks said:
Have to disagree. Soca and Calypso is de heart ah Trinidad. Right now, that's all you gonna hear on the radio. Unfortunately,after Carnival season, you'll hear a lot of hip hop becuase everybody wants to be what they see and hear on BET (which I'm pretty sure is the same case in JA).
Ah think he maybe thinking Trinidad in Colorado! Jed Take a group ah young west indians from all ah dee islands. Tell them it hah two shows. Machel or Elephant Man. Which one go fill up? Ah go see all allyuh yellow black and green confederate flag whinin up and balling :music craziness :music

Soca Taliban

Freedom
kevlocks said:
I truely believe that the only reason why this is the case is becuase TT hasn't had a true crossover artist like JA has. JA has had several artists cross over to main stream airwaves (ie - de immortal bob marley, who paved the way for Buju, Beres, Beenir, Shabba, etc etc). I use to think that Machel would be that artist, but I don't think so becuase he gettin older now and that window of opportunity is closing.
But look wha happen to dey quality of music when it crossover. it turn to pure tutu!

TheExecutive2k7

The Baddest Ever
fiyah said:

Spell Soca in Trinidad

S-I-Z-Z-L-A