Mind, Body n' Soul: Imix In Vogue Gettin' In 2 Shape

Caribsun

SocaLuvinYardieGyal
Omg... Annie's Goddess Dressing!! Can I say yum!

Ok so I have very little because looking at the calories if you pile that on a salad yuh lookin for trouble. But I have about 2 teaspoons with some carrot sticks and it makes the perfect dip!
Hmm I wonder if I can make my own (the ingredients are easy to get)!? hmmm...

Annie's Goddess Dressing
$3.49
Purchase Annie's Goddess Dressing

A creamy tahini and lemon dressing with chives and parsley, Annie's Goddess dressing is quite simply the most delicious vegan dressing we've ever tried. Make bland salads so much more enjoyable or use it to top anything that could use a good dose of rich, creamy flavor. 8 oz. bottle is $3.49.

Ingredients: Expeller pressed canola oil, water, tahini, cider vinegar, soy sauce, lemon juice, sea salt, garlic, toasted sesame seeds, parsley, chives, xanthan gum

Servings per bottle: 8
Serving size: 2 Tbsp.
Nutritional information:
Calories - 130
Total Fat – 13g (1g saturated)
Sodium – 320mg
Total Carbohydrates – 1g (less than 1g sugars)
Protein – 1g
I don't eat vegan anything, but this dressing is da bomb! Love it...Thanks Empress...whereever you are....:grin:

trying to get back on the wagon with exercise...running a few times a week and fitting in some pilates...

somebody's gotta revive this thread...:dntknw:

JACHINYGAL

Retired Imixer
Okay well it's been a while since I've posted...but I'm up to 6/7 days usually twice a day in workouts...30 minutes in the morning/ 1hr to 1hr and 1/2 at night...I even joined a competition at work...prize is only $150 but I just love to win...

I am in need of some eating tips...I do alright for the most part smaller portions, more veggies, etc... but I was looking for some sample food combinations...I like structure and packing my food the night before...so anyone have any menus...or suggested foods...( I cook too so recipes would be nice...I dont eat sugar or salt)

St. Croix Mami

Crucian fuh eva!
Okay well it's been a while since I've posted...but I'm up to 6/7 days usually twice a day in workouts...30 minutes in the morning/ 1hr to 1hr and 1/2 at night...I even joined a competition at work...prize is only $150 but I just love to win...

I am in need of some eating tips...I do alright for the most part smaller portions, more veggies, etc... but I was looking for some sample food combinations...I like structure and packing my food the night before...so anyone have any menus...or suggested foods...( I cook too so recipes would be nice...I dont eat sugar or salt)
Check out Body-for-LIFE
A lot of deh competitors put their menus on the board. They also have recipes on the site as well. You can check out the Food Network as well for healthy recipes. I have a friend that is a nutritionist/chef and her business is cooking healthy low calorie meals and snacks for personal training clients. She told me that the key to healthy eating is eating several small meals/snacks per day....approx 6 and knowing your calorie quotient. She follows regular recipes but replaces ingredients with low/no fat alternatives....like ground turkey breast for tacos, with low fat cheese, shredded romaine lettuce....spinach lasagna w/ wheat pasta and homemade tomatoe sauce made w/o sugar , low fat cheese and cottage cheese as opposed to ricotta...the options are plentiful. I had her do a meal plan for me for one week and I lost 8lbs in that week. Of course I can't afford to have her cook for me and my family, so I just get tips from her. PM me if you want a couple of recipes that she provided.

JACHINYGAL

Retired Imixer
So tomorrow's the next big weigh in...I feel lighter and I am sure that I have dropped a size...but jeans have a lot more room....so let's hope the scale says so too...

btw, switched to the small meals...every 2 to 3 hrs...I am never hungry...still have some cravings but I stay away...so now with the workout and eating combined I know I am doing better!!!

St. Croix Mami

Crucian fuh eva!
So tomorrow's the next big weigh in...I feel lighter and I am sure that I have dropped a size...but jeans have a lot more room....so let's hope the scale says so too...

btw, switched to the small meals...every 2 to 3 hrs...I am never hungry...still have some cravings but I stay away...so now with the workout and eating combined I know I am doing better!!!
Dat is great!!! Keep up deh good work. I got your PM and will type out some of the recipes and get dem to you. Bless!

JACHINYGAL

Retired Imixer
5.4 lost this week....wow...so far I am in the lead with 7.4 pounds as far as the contest goes...

Since Feb I am at 12 pounds!!! YEAH!!! Go Me!!!
Switching up my diet really did wonders...Thanks!!

Looking forward to trying out some of thoose recipes st croix...so thanks!!! :)

hotandgroovy

TAUREAN WOMAN...nuff said
5.4 lost this week....wow...so far I am in the lead with 7.4 pounds as far as the contest goes...

Since Feb I am at 12 pounds!!! YEAH!!! Go Me!!!
Switching up my diet really did wonders...Thanks!!

Looking forward to trying out some of thoose recipes st croix...so thanks!!! :)
congrats jahchiny!!! this is truly impressive.

i'm trying to lose 20. i'm concentrating on my exercise habits first tho. hitting the gym 3-4 times a week, playing field hockey, and i'm doing a run/walk for charity this weekend.

Caribsun

SocaLuvinYardieGyal
ran about 3 miles this morning....then had 3 pieces of fried chicken and some red velvet cake for lunch....:lazy:

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
ran about 3 miles this morning....then had 3 pieces of fried chicken and some red velvet cake for lunch....:lazy:
:kicks, well so far I've lost almost all of the 40lbs that I gained from pregnancy (It'll be a month on Sunday). Still keeping some of my eating habits from the pregnancy diet, but also doing WW with my mother. Can't wait until I get the okay from my doctor to get out there and start walking. I have a wedding gown I need to fit into for my ceremony in August. Trying to get my sexy mama on :dance:

Caribsun

SocaLuvinYardieGyal
Congrats on the delivery of the baby. Boy or girl?

40 lbs?! how did you do that? I saw Heidi Klum on Oprah yesterday (pretty woman, but ditzy like I don't know what). She says she just watched what she ate during pregnency, and then started hitting the gym consistently afterwards....i think it also had to do with how she's wired. Sounds like you did the same thing...plus, I hear breastfeeding helps shed the pounds too. You sound like you'll meet your goal for August.

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
Congrats on the delivery of the baby. Boy or girl?

40 lbs?! how did you do that? I saw Heidi Klum on Oprah yesterday (pretty woman, but ditzy like I don't know what). She says she just watched what she ate during pregnency, and then started hitting the gym consistently afterwards....i think it also had to do with how she's wired. Sounds like you did the same thing...plus, I hear breastfeeding helps shed the pounds too. You sound like you'll meet your goal for August.
Beautiful baby girl, who acts like she's 13, lol (already has a big personality, not sure if I can handle it when she starts talking :kicks). I had to go on a restricted diet b/c my blood pressure was going up, and I was also on bed rest. So I made sure to at least not eat like a horse. Most of my snacks were fruits and when I wanted to "cheat" it would be something small like a serving of cookies once a week. Even though those last 2 weeks, I did have like a chocolate attack like every other day. Yeah breastfeeding is supposed to help, but I haven't been consistent with it. Like my old boss came to visit, and she had lost like almost 60 lbs from just ripping and running, and breast feeding.

southern chic

Vibes cyar done!
ok allyuh i'm needing to lose 20lbs by july 1st.

stats:
5'4
150lbs

measurements:
waist - 32inches
hips - 39 inches
bust - 35 inches

This is my plan...I joined a gym in dec w/ my hubby but it's a small gym w/ no classes so I only manage to go about once a week. I'm going to quit that gym and join la fitness so I can do their classes. I can only manage to go to the gym twice a week (mon and wed) but on a couple of the days i don't go (thurs and sat) i can do something from fittv. I've tried their yoga and Ireally like it and they have a nice dance show too.

As for diet I'm doing 6 small meals a day.
Tomorrow's example

Breakfast: fruit smoothie
Snack: crackers and peanut butter
Lunch: scrambled egg wrapped in spinach tortilla w/ raw carrots and broccoli
Snack: nuts and rasins
Dinner: vegetable noodle soup
Snack: chocolate covered pretzels

I wrote up my menu for the entire week and I've planned some sort of activity each day. I have these exercises that I can do at home (crunches, weight lifting stuff)...also I go in my bathroom and steam it up good and do some stretches, it feels really good. Sometimes I even do some jogging on the spot in there.

Anyway, I will post my progress. This is what I look like now, I need to wear this dress in trini and not have my belly lookin like a damn doughnut

JACHINYGAL

Retired Imixer
congrats jahchiny!!! this is truly impressive.

i'm trying to lose 20. i'm concentrating on my exercise habits first tho. hitting the gym 3-4 times a week, playing field hockey, and i'm doing a run/walk for charity this weekend.
Thanks....how r u? Hope all is well!!!!

Well I just returned from JA this week and I can't believe it I lost another two pounds...my weight lost total is 14 pounds....WHEW!!!! Even though I didn't manage to workout while I was there for the 2 weeks I still tried to keep an eye on my eating...(minus eating some festival, fried chicken, and fried dumblins 4 days straight...) if I ate like that here it would have never happened...

eating every 2 to 3 hrs ...small portions really helps!!! Next week ends the contest at work but I still have a ways to go....

Oh and brestfeeding does help more in the beginning than anything else....my son is 4 months and now that help is gone ...it's all me in and out the gym!!!

Summer go catch me dis year...looking real fit eh!!!!

lipsntits74

LIFE IS GREAT
I started on Weight Watchers and I lost 15lbs so far. I enjoy what I eat and I have fun with it. I drink 64oz of water and eat 5 servings of fruits nd vegetables. I also started going to the gym 3 times a week and I feel great.

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
Thanks....how r u? Hope all is well!!!!

Well I just returned from JA this week and I can't believe it I lost another two pounds...my weight lost total is 14 pounds....WHEW!!!! Even though I didn't manage to workout while I was there for the 2 weeks I still tried to keep an eye on my eating...(minus eating some festival, fried chicken, and fried dumblins 4 days straight...) if I ate like that here it would have never happened...

eating every 2 to 3 hrs ...small portions really helps!!! Next week ends the contest at work but I still have a ways to go....

Oh and brestfeeding does help more in the beginning than anything else....my son is 4 months and now that help is gone ...it's all me in and out the gym!!!

Summer go catch me dis year...looking real fit eh!!!!
okay it's good to hear that from somebody else besides the lactation counselor who looked like she needed to still breastfeed :kicks, while promoting how much weight she lost. Even though my boss is almost at her pre-pregnancy weight, so that was enough convincing for me.
I started on Weight Watchers and I lost 15lbs so far. I enjoy what I eat and I have fun with it. I drink 64oz of water and eat 5 servings of fruits nd vegetables. I also started going to the gym 3 times a week and I feel great.
lawd help me, I need to get on the ball literally and figuratively with my working out. I just got permission to start working out, and weighed myself today and saw I put on the 4lbs that would've made me at my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm trying to be before the end of the summer 30lbs less than what I am now, and eventually a total of 50lbs less than I am now by the end of the year (around the time of my birthday). Are you doing the drinking the 3 glasses of milk a day? I can't myself to that just yet, so I'm drinking Kefir to get my calcium intake.

Last edited:

lipsntits74

LIFE IS GREAT
okay it's good to hear that from somebody else besides the lactation counselor who looked like she needed to still breastfeed :kicks, while promoting how much weight she lost. Even though my boss is almost at her pre-pregnancy weight, so that was enough convincing for me.

lawd help me, I need to get on the ball literally and figuratively with my working out. I just got permission to start working out, and weighed myself today and saw I put on the 4lbs that would've made me at my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm trying to be before the end of the summer 30lbs less than what I am now, and eventually a total of 50lbs less than I am now by the end of the year (around the time of my birthday). Are you doing the drinking the 3 glasses of milk a day? I can't myself to that just yet, so I'm drinking Kefir to get my calcium intake.
I'm having my 2 milk serving a day by either drinking soy milk,cheese,yougurt or fat free pudding.

JACHINYGAL

Retired Imixer
Well the competition at work is over....and lets see can anyone guess who the winner is????? YEP I won!!!! $150 richer....and 22 pounds to date lighter....yeah!!!! My coworkers decided to order pizza to celebrate...NOT!!! I still going strong...I tell them I got nuff more to loose can't stop now!!! My life has changed and is changing...gotta stay in shape for my children...

Congrats to me!!!

trini_baby

The legs of a runner
this workout helps your abs and you feel the difference
15 Minute Workout: The Plank

From Work Your Body in 15 Minutes in the May 2005 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine.

5 of 5

The plank: An alternative to sit-ups, this exercise strengthens the muscles that support your spine while giving you rock-hard abs. Lie on your stomach with your elbows on the floor in front of you, then slowly rise up onto your toes and straighten your body like a plank. Hold for ten to 20 counts, then lower yourself back down. Daily dose: One or two sets of ten.

Starting With The Basics - The Elbow Bridge Plank

Your Position

Start by lying face down on the ground or use an exercise mat. Place your elbows and forearms underneath your chest.

Prop yourself up to form a bridge using your toes and forearms

Maintain a flat back and do not allow your hips to sag towards the ground.

Target Muscles

The Core - Abdominals, Hips, Back
Step By Step Instructions

Hold this position *focusing on tightening your abs* until you can no longer maintain a flat bridge. For beginners, start with 10 seconds

Return to start position.

Beware of Cheating!

Remember to not let your hips and back sag. This exercise will only be effective if you work to maintain a flat line from your shoulders to your feet. You might want to start in front of a mirror to learn the technique.

Side Plank

Your Position

Lie on your side with your right hand on the ground or use an exercise mat. For beginners, it is recommended to begin this exercise on your elbow.
Lift yourself up to form a plank with your right arm straight and your left arm on your side.

Target Muscles

The Core - Abdominals, Hips, Back

Step By Step Instructions

Hold this position for the recommended number of reps (start with 8-12). Repeat with the other side.

Beware of Cheating!

Remember to keep your body in a straight line, tightening your abs and butt muscles. You might want to start in front of a mirror to learn the technique.

"This workout is awesome! As I am unable to do strenuous exercises due to my knee problems, the exercise ball is a wonderful tool & your workouts are inspirational."-Leah