The list is too much for one day..the express say they will continue tomorrow
As the year 2009 comes to a close, the murder toll, according to an Express tally, stands at 501.
This year, while there was a drop in the overall number of murders - which stood at a record 550 last year - there was a drastic increase in murders following botched robberies. Nonetheless, men, women and children all suffered devastating fates at the hands of criminals.
Tobago has also recorded a record 15 murders for the year thus far
Today, the Express begins its listing of those murdered in 2009.
1) Brenton Greene, alias ’Rattiee’, 27, a PH driver, of St Nicholas Street, Carenage.
Shot dead while seated in his car at Schullere Street, Carenage.
2) Sultan King, alias ’Beeps’, 26, a State witness of Chafford Court, PoS.
Shot dead while liming on Quarry Street, Laventille.
3) Adrian Findley, of Building Two, Almond Court, Morvant.
Shot while liming at Almond Drive, Morvant, in an area known as ’Nine Stories’. Died at hospital.
4) Kenneth Ramsey, 27, of Block 22, Laventille,
Was liming at Mango Alley, Laventille, when he was shot dead.
5) Anand Mally, alias ’Biggy’, 44, of Second Street, Valsayn.
Was at a relative’s home at Second Street, Bamboo Settlement, Valsayn, when he was shot dead.
6) Devika Lalman,15, a schoolgirl, of Las Lomas #1.
Was reported missing by relatives on Dec 30. Her body was found in a rice field in Warrenville, Caroni.
7) Curtis Moses, 41, of Tunapuna Road, Tunapuna.
Stabbed to death following an argument at his home. A male relative has been charged with the murder.
8) Rodney Calliste, 31, of Dillon Street, Diego Martin.
Found with gunshot wounds in an area known as the ’Creek’ in Dibe, Long Circular, St James.
9) Shavon Cambridge, 22, of Morne Coco Road, Petit Valley.
Shot dead on Belgrave Street and Prescott Alley, Laventille.
10) Jurvan Phillip, 19, a cargo handler, of Gasparillo.
Body found with gunshot wounds to the head at Upper Ninth Avenue, Barataria.
11) Clayton Mitchell, 30, of Picton Road, Laventille.
Shot dead at Marcano Quarry, Laventille.
12) Mahipath Gookool, 73, a businessman, of Prince Street, Arima.
Shot on December 22 during a robbery at his grocery at Prince Street, Arima, and later succumbed to his injuries.
13) Azard Hosein Shah, alias ’Lolly’, 60, a PH driver, of BM Singh Street, Carapichaima.
Reported missing by relatives on Jan 3. His body was found off Tamana Road with his hands and feet bound. An autopsy on Jan 9 revealed he was chopped. Two men were charged with his murder.
14) Ashmeed Mohammed, 42, a contractor, of La Paille Road, Churkoo Village, Princes Town. Found with gunshot wounds lying on Cipero Road, Friendship Village, San Fernando.
15) Shaquille Francois, 15, a HYPE student, of Trou Macaque, Laventille.
Shot dead while visiting a relative in Trou Macaque, Laventille.
16) Albertine Holder, 85, of St Joseph Village, San Fernando.
Was thrown down a flight of stairs on November 21, 2008, and later succumbed to injuries. An autopsy showed she died from pneumonia due to immobilisation from the fall.
17) Kervin Cupid, alias ’Burn Up’, 21, of Jackson Place, East Dry River, Laventille.
His bullet-riddled body was found at Siparia Hill, East Dry River, PoS.
18) Wimbally Bhadai, 70, a businessmen of New Colonial Road, Barrackpore.
Shot dead during a robbery outside RBTT, Carlton Centre, San Fernando.
19) Roger Benny, 30, a PH driver, of Southern Main Road, Cunupia.
Found lying at the side of the road at Kangal Trace, Cunupia. His throat was slit.
20) Ricardo Kevon Laing, 17, of Dibe Road, Long Circular.
Found with gunshot wounds at a house in Dibe, Long Circular.
21) John Quamina, 42, a mechanic, of Block 44, Laventille.
Shot dead while fixing his car along Mango Alley, Laventille.
22) Raymond Claxton, 23, of Erica Street, Laventille.
Shot while standing on 15th Street, Beetham Gardens, on Jan 13, and later succumbed to injuries.
23) Stacy Nagee, 31, a Central Bank employee, of Mt Lambert
Her body was found in a bamboo patch along a forested area off Upper St Michael Road, Tacarigua. An autopsy performed on Jan 19th showed she was beaten to death.
24) Sanjeev Singh, 16, of Bailey Street, Arima.
Stabbed to death while parting a fight near the Arima Dial.
25) Marvin Chandler, 31,of Upper Wharton Street, Laventille.
Was walking along a track at Upper Wharton Street, Laventille, when he was shot dead.
26) Trevor Riley Lewis, alias ’Bosses’, 62, of Wharton Street, Laventille.
Shot dead a few feet from his home
27&28) Anthony ’Lane’ Pierre, 32, of Upper Seventh Avenue, Malick, and Azard James, 26, of Cosmos Street, Morvant
Shot dead when gunmen stormed a house near the Malick Youth Facility.
29) Travis Robertson, 19, of Never Dirty, Morvant.
Was liming at Never Dirty Basketball Court when he was shot.
30) Alvin Ramtahal, 32, a PH driver, of Russell Street, La Romaine.
Found chopped to death along a lonely track off Lengua Road, Princes Town.
31-33) Devon Joseph, 26, a pipefitter at WASA, Kimlyn Cassie-Joseph, 27, a checker, and Khyle Williams,14 of Phase One, Powder Magazine, Cocorite.
Found with their throats slit at their home.
34) Keron David, 25, a DJ, of Endeavour Road, Chaguanas.
Shot dead while liming outside a bar on the Southern Main Road in Chase Village.
35) Jerome Jones, 24, of Pelican Extension, Morvant.
Found with gunshot wounds in Pelican Extension. He died at hospital.
36) Marvin Smith, 28, of Cochrane Village, Point Fortin. Found at Celestine Drive, Morvant, with several gunshot wounds.
37) Sheldon Raphael Clarke, 34, of St James.
Shot dead at Dundonald Hill, St James.
38) Anthony Skeete, 31, alias ’Bleet’, of Punette Avenue, Pinto Road, Arima.
Shot dead following an altercation with a man at a bar.
39) Reynold Marshall, 63, a PH driver, of Second Caledonia, Morvant.
Was plying his car along Industrial Lane, Morvant, when he was shot dead during a botched robbery.
40 & 41) Nigel Mark ################son, 21, and Elijah Malachi Paul, 24. Found with gunshot wounds on Leslie Trace, off Second Caledonia, Morvant.
42) Darryl Hernandez, 22, of La Canoe Road, Santa Cruz. Shot dead while liming opposite a bar in Santa Cruz.
43) Desta ’Curtis’ Sozufe, 19, of McShine Lands, Laventille. Shot dead outside his home after receiving a phone call.
44) Ernest ’Bingee’ Pierre, 37, of San Juan and also Union Village, Tobago.
His body was found in some bushes at Darryl Spring, Scarborough, with gunshot wound to the face.
45) Carlos Sylvester, alias ’Strongman’ & ’Strongee’, 33, of Edna Hill, Bon Air North, Arouca. Found chopped about the body in a drain at Windy Hill, Garden Road, Lopinot.
46) Franklyn ’Shaka’ Matthews, 30, of Phase Seven, La Horquetta. Shot dead a few feet from his home.
47) Akil Bernard, 25, a labourer, of Covigne Road, Diego Martin. Shot dead following a dispute near his home.
48) Levi Ash, 23, of Pump Trace, Laventille.
Shot dead while standing on Pump Trace, Laventille.
49) Wenceslaus Sergant, 24, of Upper Dillon Street, Diego Martin. Shot dead while going to the barber in the Maloney Shopping Complex.
50) Kurt Snaggs, 22, of Angelina Terrace.
Shot dead at the corner of Agostini Street and EMR, St Joseph.
51) Marcus Mark, 20, of Upper Seventh Avenue, Malick, Barataria Shot dead while standing along the EMR in St Joseph.
52&53) Kareem Baptiste, alias ’Smokey’, 25, a former murder accused, and Akiel Osbourne, 19. Shot dead while liming near water tanks located off Picton Road, Laventille.
54 & 55) Marlon Jerome Scipio, of Malick, and an unidentified man found shot dead in a car off Pinto Road, Arima
56-57) Joel ’Pie Boy’ Victor, 23, and Keon Marvin Murphy, 27, both of St Barb’s, Laventille.
Shot dead while at their Mapp Lands, Snake Valley, Laventille apartment.
58) Denver Massiah, 29, a PH driver, of Upper Dundonald Hill, St James. Found shot dead in a track leading to his home.
59) Kevon Henry, 21, of Mercer Street, Diego Martin. His body was found with gunshot wounds at Augustine Terrace, Diego Martin.
60) Jean Paul De Cranie Pierre, 23, a salesman, of Morne Diablo, Penal. Shot dead while making a delivery at a supermarket on Tenth Street, Barataria.
61) Kenneth Chandler, of Building One, Wharton Street, Laventille. Took his car to repair at Reyes Road, Laventille, when he was shot dead.
62) Pinky Samboocharan, 42, of Julien Village, Princes Town. Forced to drink lanate by her husband Suresh during a murder/suicide at the couple’s home.
63) Keva Bernard, 25, of Wharton Street, Laventille. Shot dead when gunmen stormed her home.
64 & 65) Akeeba Alfred, 31, and Nigel Akeem, 27. Were walking along Gloster Lodge Road, Belmont, when they were shot dead.