Ladies Club- Fake Lashes

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
anyone ever think of trying them, or anyone tried them before? i must admit, they look great on some people, but i can't help but imagine it falling into my eye/contacts!! :p

Trinibaje

IMIX ATTORNEY GENERAL
I went to a wedding couple years ago and the bride had them on... and while it was a beautiful wedding the only memory i have are of those ridiculous things!!

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
trinibaje said:
I went to a wedding couple years ago and the bride had them on... and while it was a beautiful wedding the only memory i have are of those ridiculous things!!
i think it depends on the application, they have to feather it to look more natural. they can't put one whole row all the same length across their real lashes! or they can add pieces. can you imagine all this work for lashes! lol!

"He recommends individual lashes (like Shu Uemura Flare, $10; 888-540-8181), saying they look more natural than the strips. To apply, hold lashes with tweezers, dip ends into a dark lash glue, and place them as close as possible to the lash line. To avoid looking like Catwoman, place them in the center of the eye as well as the outer corners. "This gives you a more doe-eyed, Bambi look," says Barnes."

OilInDeCoil

Bes' Wife Status
I admit, I have worn them before (for a wedding & to play mas), and they really create a very dramatic eye look. They are a little hard to get used to, I was feeling like I had feather dusters on my eye lids, but as the day wears on they become more comfortable.

SSS

I wore them when I model for my freind about two- three weeks ago, I like them, she cut them down to the lenght of my real lashes, it didn't look that fake (well at least no one notice) the first hour it fell a little funny though

A

amprincess

my friend wore them last year for her wedding & it looked so beautiful. Her make-up artist did a great job. She said they stayed on for like 4 days after the wedding. I would love to try them, maybe for carnival.

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
i remember talking to a friend in the summer and thinking "how she look so pretty?", then she told me it's fake lashes by mac! lol! it look real good! i think once they're done tastefully, they would look good. last year at glow in nyc, a girl had on white lashes...

Shandy 2.0

God is my pilot
I heard of false eyelashes with tiny crystals and glitter on them. I would like to try them for Carnival myself.

Hmm I may get a pair (w/out crystals) for this formal I'm going to on Sunday.

soca junkie

strength, courage, wisdom
wit my luck, i'd get the glue in my eye, den it would stick to my contact....and glue my eye shut....... :mad:

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
soca junkie said:
wit my luck, i'd get the glue in my eye, den it would stick to my contact....and glue my eye shut....... :mad:
that is why i haven't tried them yet! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! anything close to my eyeball, i does be brakesin! like when women put the liner on the inner part of their bottom lid, i can't, ah fraid a jook out meh eye/contact!

soca junkie

strength, courage, wisdom
yeah gyal....i ain't messin wit nothin near my eye...no matter how pretty it looks, cause i've seen some of dem lashes look nice....
Contacts are the only exception...and if i didn't do that, we'd have some REAL accidents... LOL