Imix virtual book club suggestion

2SWEET4U

YES I AM BACK . BOOK CLUB MY ASS . WHAT YOU THINK THIS IS OPRAH.

sanfranjouvay

Far from. Oprah cancelled her book club BTW. Am a new member so never experienced previous book club. Some ideas:

we each take a turn to choose a book and arrange the discussion (could we have a separate chat room Stryka??? and say meet at a certain time also)in addition to just posting reviews

by allowing each person to select a book and run a session we should get a variety of books from non-fiction to Caribbean fiction writers...would be cool to write reviews on Amazon.com for the young Caribbean and African American writers

probably do a book a month

i'd prefer to read stuff that's new to reduce the likelihood of someone not having something to read in case they read it already.

yankee kitt

I couldn't agree more. I am not necessarily drawn to books written by black authors. Just give me a book that challenges me to think ... enough with the black vernacular already...

Prinzez Diva

Imix Official Prima Donna
I love the idea of having a book club on Imix. Reading is my favorite hobby. I go to the library at least once a week, however, I never have anyone to discuss these book with( my friends think it is crazy to read books without getting a grade for it)

This is a great idea, that will only work if we have a wide variety of books to read. The book list should range from autobiographies to science fiction so everyone can be included in the discussions.

[font color=red]~*~Just my opinion-love it or leave it~*~[/font color]

Shandy 2.0

God is my pilot
I like the idea of a book club. I was part of one in my community some time ago. I'm sure with all of us putting our heads together this will be prety good.