I fear that "Wotless" encourages people to be unproductive members of society

soca cowboy

THE BATTLE FOR EVERYTHING
I fear that "Wotless" encourages people to be unproductive members of society

In a carnival environment, like a fete, or out on the road Monday & Tuesday, I get it. I'm sure people will enjoy it during Carnival 2011. But after that I'd like to see it retired.

I've seen how people react to this song in a normal, non-fete environment, and I feel like people are using this song to give them an excuse to be useless at work, around the house, at charity events, etc.

Like many songs, this tune is being taken too far out of context by individuals who will further Caribbean stereotypes of lack of strong work ethic, when it behooves them to be more productive, valuable members of society.

cjtwice

You serious - ain't you?

In a carnival environment, like a fete, or out on the road Monday & Tuesday, I get it. I'm sure people will enjoy it during Carnival 2011. But after that I'd like to see it retired.

I've seen how people react to this song in a normal, non-fete environment, and I feel like people are using this song to give them an excuse to be useless at work, around the house, at charity events, etc.

Like many songs, this tune is being taken too far out of context by individuals who will further Caribbean stereotypes of lack of strong work ethic, when it behooves them to be more productive, valuable members of society.
:blind:
It's a song,

and a great song at that. If someone let's this tune make them act wotless at work, then they weren't about ish in the first place.

cjtwice

Oh yeah

:blind:
It's a song,

and a great song at that. If someone let's this tune make them act wotless at work, then they weren't about ish in the first place.
and my avatar is a pic of me being wotless at work :pardon: