How I feel with all the cop shootings, and yes I'm black

notorious saga

Sagattarius
Yes good government will help but the key to this whole thing is the woman who smacked the sh*t out of her son in public. The answer is in the home.
Yes the answer is in the home but on any other day that woman would of been arrested. Somebody woulda been calling 911, gotta love the system - damn if you do and damn if you don't.

Lucianite

Yes the answer is in the home but on any other day that woman would of been arrested. Somebody woulda been calling 911, gotta love the system - damn if you do and damn if you don't.

I agree with yall - A lot of the answers are in the home -

good point on bold and I would OPPOSE her being arrested on any other day...

but ill go out on a limb here - is this shades of the trini woman who beat her kid on FB ?

she was understandably "angry" - and i do hope the conversation can include how can angry frustrated "single moms" help their kids engage in a PRODUCTIVE form of protest

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
I agree with yall - A lot of the answers are in the home -

good point on bold and I would OPPOSE her being arrested on any other day...

but ill go out on a limb here - is this shades of the trini woman who beat her kid on FB ?

she was understandably "angry" - and i do hope the conversation can include how can angry frustrated "single moms" help their kids engage in a PRODUCTIVE form of protest
Not remotely on equal footing. The riot mom caught her kid actively participating in a war like atmosphere, she potentially stopped him from going to jail and or being killed. The FB mom, not worth mentioning in the same manner.

Lucianite

Not remotely on equal footing. The riot mom caught her kid actively participating in a war like atmosphere, she potentially stopped him from going to jail and or being killed. The FB mom, not worth mentioning in the same manner.
ok - fair enough

I get she was angry etc - not to fault her for and being in the moment of cussing and the violence she leveled at her kid. She went on Facebook after - i am leery of public humiliation as a discipline method

I would like to see the conversation in the calm aftermath extend to how to engage the youth without having to cuss and slap them up in public.

Lucianite

just like we can talk about how the protesters can find more productive ways than violence in their frustration, we can talk about parents finding more productive ways to deal with the frustration of dealing with children

Swollen

Players Play I Coach

I beg to differ, they were both acts of violence committed upon someone else.....

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
just like we can talk about how the protesters can find more productive ways than violence in their frustration, we can talk about parents finding more productive ways to deal with the frustration of dealing with children
Of course, but the reality sometimes you have to snatch them up. Again, given the circumstances of pelting rocks, bottles, police using tear gas and pepper spray...that mother had to grab up her son.

No amount of wringing of hands and trying to hold a conversation with him in that very moment would've worked. It's like seeing someone potentially getting hit by an on coming car. You don't speak in a hushed tone and say "Excuse me, but there is a car coming towards you..kindly step out of the way". The situation calls for "Hey!...get out the way!".

I am not totally against spanking children. I am against, beating them with objects, closed fits, making them eat soap and or shoving leaves in their mouths and shit like that.

Trini Juan

par wid devil n lock hell
Is the US the only country with police brutality? J/A
Excellent damn question
Hope one of them answer it
What gets me is they all supposedly non hood educated people

I never hear professional blks having issues with palice
Much less caribbean ones

Swollen

Players Play I Coach
Excellent damn question
Hope one of them answer it
What gets me is they all supposedly non hood educated people

I never hear professional blks having issues with palice
Much less caribbean ones
The Caribbean is riddled with corruption and police brutality...
And it's well hidden...

Trini Juan

par wid devil n lock hell
The Caribbean is riddled with corruption and police brutality...
And it's well hidden...
It's far from hidden
I would think these so called caribbean people would appreciate that mirkin palice are wayyyyyyy nicer n less corrupt than in any caribbean country in their dealings with the poor

A bit confusing

Catracha305

that statement just shows how foolish and naive you are... do you think the american police would think twice to shoot you dead -

- just because of how you perceive yourself?

This is a worldwide problem facing people of african descent - it is particularly bad in the US, but white supremacy exist in every country on this earth!
Because all they is skin color. No one but black people care if you're from Honduras, Trinidad,Jamaica, or Georgia. To the average white person in America, we're all n!ggers