How Do I copy text from a PDF

...maybe you can print the document, scan it and save it as a word document to enable you to edit
The quality of the finished document may depend on the scanner and if you're able to darken the print job.

T

Toppa_Toppa

...maybe you can print the document, scan it and save it as a word document to enable you to edit
The quality of the finished document may depend on the scanner and if you're able to darken the print job.
No, there's a way to convert a PDF into a word document buh de lab tech didn't want to tell us.

Converting PDF Documents to Microsoft Word
Is there a way to convert a PDF document to a Word file for simple editing?
Yes, it's easy. With the PDF document open in Acrobat 7 Standard or Professional, choose File > Save As. In the Save As dialog box, choose Microsoft Word Document from the Format (Mac) or Type (Windows) pop-up menu. Then simply click the Save button, and open the document in Word for editing.

To check or change the settings that Acrobat uses to convert PDF content to Word format, open Preferences (choose Acrobat > Preferences on the Mac or Edit > Preferences in Windows) and choose Convert From PDF from the list of Categories on the left side of the dialog box. Then choose Microsoft Word Document from the Converting From PDF scrollable list. The window at right shows you how Acrobat will handle the conversion, including whether it will include comments, preserve columns and downsample images. To change these settings, click the Edit Settings button. (Alternatively, you can change these settings when you convert any given document by clicking the Settings button in the Save As dialog box.)

The conversion may not be perfect, depending on factors such as the complexity of the layout, and whether you have the document's fonts on your system. For simple business documents, Acrobat's Save As command does a decent job of converting to Word.

Last edited:

CallumHartung

You can use the shift plus right or left arrows keys to select the text from pdf file. The text file will be selected from the pdf file. You can use the selection tool by right clicking on the file and you can read more about cocodoc from here. This can be done by converting the pdf files into docs file.

andrewlewis

I am figuring that with the bunch of replies addressing your query, you must have found the solution to your problem. If not you can always convert the PDF file into a word document and then you can copy it anywhere you want, easily. I used to do this as well when I was giving the best assignment writing service UK based because those PDF files are my primary source of information. So, yeah hope it helps!!