Hot, Groovy, Underrated and Underplayed

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
although "accident" is a hot tune, don't you find sean gets no gigs to perform solo, without traffik? last year eddie was everywhere with and/or without traffik, and i personally didn't find any of his tunes ("shadowin", and "fork") to be half as good and hype as "accident"...what do ya'll think? even this year he's performing solo, more than sean, and he doesn't really have any hot tunes, except for the slow one (he's beginning to sound like steve sealy!)...

montREALady
"Whey de rude gyals dem who support meh?!"

ILanDFnTsY

Blessed
I noticed that at the Convention Center they sang maybe two songs from this year. Then they trying to sell their CD in the back like people will buy a CD if they don't know any of the tracks.

We complaining about D.J's and the artists don't even big up they own self.

cuteface

DOH FIND ME FAST IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES AND I HAVE TO ADMIT I HAVEN'T HEARD THIS SONG IN A FETE YET. I WAS JUST RECENTLY INTRODUCED TO BOXING THAT SONG BADDD.... CAN YOU IMAGINE THIS IN A FETE.. MR. DJ?

classyivy1

An Ivy of Class
Ok..so I don't know who out there on this site is a dj but I hoping that whorever is out there is taking heed. We want a little bit more variety. So many hot, wicked tunes out there and we not hearing them. If you play them we will respond to them. Don't assume that the masses don't know these songs and therefore they don't need to play because as you can see people on this site are up on a lot of tunes.

TheExecutive2k7

The Baddest Ever
Yeah the DJ's see what you all are talking about but we still only touch some. I am not a trini but I really like Nah leaving. It is on every tape I make but that is an underground thing.

bashment gyal

I definitely believe that Hot and Groovy is underplayed. Also Lash Satan by Maga Dan, Hot by Shurwanye, Wavin and Falling in Love by Xtatik.

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
"Sexy Body" by Atlantik...it is sooooooooooo sweet!

montREALady
"Whey de rude gyals dem who support meh?!"

Marabella

What about that song by Traffik "Whine on Somebody". That is a sweet song...eh?
I always find that a lot of the songs that we hear all the time in Trinidad don't get played in the US. As for "Nah Leavin" Denise deserve the crown for that.

CaribGyrl

SoCa ADdIcT-nEeD aH fIx
yes! i agree with montREALlady!! i play "Sexy Body" everyday and it doesn't get much play here in Maryland

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
definitely, i love that traffik/eddie song! i kept on saying i had to put it up in this post, but i kept on forgetting!
"wine, take a wine"!

montREALady

DEE FROM DE RILLO

Trini Love 2 Party
I TRULY BELEIVE THOSE 4 SONGS ARE THE MOST UNDERRATED SONGS THIS YEAR. THE ONE I FEEL GO SURPRISE PEOPLE IS LAST SINGER. THAT SONG GO MASH UP REAL PARTY. ALSO SHANELLE SONG SWEET FOR DAYS.

pepsi

so hot is a nice song also so is shanel depster song. but ah sorry i can give yah no credit for boxing and famer nappy #####.

GT_Extravagant

If ya never hear another soca artist from Guyana, here is another one... His name is Family Teach- who had a hit tune back in the day name 'Party Time'(back in sparrow prime days), and in about 98, another hit called cita gal....(snowsun records).....Just FYI for guyanesesun and the people dem, ...nuff respect!

ILanDFnTsY

Blessed
I just e-mailed my cousin in T&T today to ask her the name of that song... that's it "Like Yourself" by Billy the Kid, I don't think I ever hear that play here in NY. That is a real nice tune. I saw it on some mix CD at J&W I think.

nature_isle

You know what that "hot and Groovy" song by Militant is so sweet, the type of song you can hol your man or woman and do a slow wine...and ALLLLLLLL WCK songs get underplayed in the bigger soca markets and it's a shame because everyone is missing out on some good ish...:p

Triniplum

I agree with all yuh. Hot and Groovy is getting played in Boston but they never play Boxing and they hardly play Tradesman by Sanell. The DJ's in Boston play the same ##### over and over.