Hot, Groovy, Underrated and Underplayed

T

trinitat

fuh real, every time i hear "nah leaving" it takes me right back to trini - limin' by smokey & bunty, eating doubles by de side of de road, etc. she really captured the essence of trinidad and carnival in that song.

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
really? i've never heard it...is it from this year?

montREALady
"Whey de rude gyals dem who support meh?!"

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
i have a mixed soca tape with a few surface songs, and they are all good...but i hardly hear them in fetes...i love "chutney ragga soca madness", God knows they don't play that here in Montreal!

montREALady

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
I love "Falling in Love", which, by the way, is dedicated to one of my best friends! It is such a sweet song! Although at times I feel it would sound better without Derwin's rap...what do ya'll think?

montREALady

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
as do most of his tunes! i know everyone still jams to "dingolay"...a classic...

montREALady

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
you're right, "hand" is real ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta, you get the point...chili bibi is the one where he's talking about the whole incident with superblue last year right, "de whole place mash-up!"? i like that tune better too!

montREALady

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
i'm telling you, it makes you real home-sick/nostalgic!

montREALady

classyivy1

An Ivy of Class
Does anyone remember Surface's Exchange at Insomnia when they performed it. It mash up the fete especially when they divided the crowd and made us run into each other...LAWD!!!!!!!Accident for sure!!!!!!

SANDO

DE FRACKIN SOUTH KING
Yo Hot and Groovy is the joint. I just heard it for the 1st time on my way to DC.

Other than that It got nuff songs that DJ's dont play:

Falling in Love (Peter C Lewis)
Road March Bachannal (Iwer)
Unleash the Beast (Shurwayne Winchester)
Look dem Woman (Machel Montano & Spragga Benz)
Kama Sutra (Treason)

SANDO

DE FRACKIN SOUTH KING
How can I forget Surface. They are my favorite after Xtatik. They mash up every fete they was at in Trinidad this year. They have come very far in such a short time. I bought their album and it is wicked. DJ's need to give their songs more play. It got my favorite Paper, Chutney Ragga Soca, Xchange, Under D Bridge and The Baku Riddim.

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
which is the one on the same riddum as "kamasutra" and "bling"?? i like that song too, "meh man, talkin' 'bout meh man..."!!

montREALady

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
now dat is a sweet song! sean has a nice voice, remember his song "follow yuh partner?" it got no play, not even in the band (xtatik), but it was real nice.

montREALady

ILanDFnTsY

Blessed
That U Alone song is hot.

Speaking about Sean, the lyrics on his other song, "All I want is a wine", is real kicks.

For the most part the entire Traffik album gets no play, which is unfortunate b/c its pretty good. You would think that the only song they had was "Accident".

classyivy1

An Ivy of Class
You guys are right about Traffik- they have some pretty good songs out there that don't get much play. But do you realize that when they perform they not even singing these songs? If they want people to get hyped about their music they have to perform them because other bands definitely won't.