Hot, Groovy, Underrated and Underplayed

classyivy1

An Ivy of Class
Are there any songs out there that you feel never get enough play from soca DJs besides militant's song? These songs have some sweet music and you can really enjoy yourself with them. Songs that come to mind for me are:

1. Tradesman (Sanelle D.) Ah sweet sweet song!!!!!
2. Boxing (Leon C.)
3. Last Singer (Farmer Nappy)
4. Doh Find me Fast (Shurwayne W. of Traffik) So hot!!!

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
I love Derwin from Xtatik's song, "Wavin'", but I'm not sure if it's considered much of a fete tune. It has a nice rapso feel to it. But you're right with the rest of the songs you mentioned in your list. I can't think of anymore right now, but when I do, I will list them!

montREALady
"Whey de rude gyals dem who support meh?!"

TheExecutive2k7

The Baddest Ever
You are correct even though I try to mix them in they don't get the play they deserve. Hot and Groovy does and Boxing but Shurwayne have a song Unleash the beat that don't get enough play and the song you mentioned you absolutely right.

TheExecutive2k7

The Baddest Ever
You know what song don't get play at all. Let's get it on by Bunji and Walker. It's nice and I think at the right time it could make a dance sweet.

ILanDFnTsY

Blessed
Other than Hot & Groovy, which by the way is my favorite song right now (I have to hit repeat about twice in the CD player),

GailAnn has this tune Follow Me, hot song, no play.

I also like Falling in Love by Peter C. Lewis (it's not a fete song though)

Executive, I'm feeling you on the Unleash the Beast song too.

That's all that's coming to mind for the moment.

Chun Li

Bull$hit Radar
>You are correct even though I
>try to mix them in
>they don't get the play
>they deserve. Hot and Groovy
>does and Boxing but Shurwayne
>have a song Unleash the
>beat that don't get enough
>play and the song you
>mentioned you absolutely right.

I've never heard the Boxing song in a party. Hot and Groovy is only now getting some play.

Chun Li

Bull$hit Radar
I like GailAnn song as well. It was currently on the WLIB countdown. Only certain DJ's on that station will play it.
I don't hear it as much in parties.

Lady Illusion

Yeah, Gailann's "Follow Meh" is hot for true but too bad it gets no play....I think I heard it once on the radio.

Hot,Groovy is finally getting some play.....DJs are finally starting to play it on boatrides but alot of people don't know the song so there is no reaction from the crowd.

I heard Bunji and Walker tune for the first time in D.C. Carnival that song is off the hook.....I LOVE IT!

DCboy

WHAT?
it has a song i remember from 96.1 wefm...called "i'm not a singer" by Ms. Alica...haven't heard it since. And Billy D Kid's tune "Like Yourself". These two had me jumping by my computer...where are they now? And there is a tune by Atlantik, a real jouvert tune...can't remember the tune though.

I does hear Boxing in fetes too...and it have a jam "Soce is what the whole world needs" by Sugar Daddy that is mashing up DC as well as "Hot and Groovy", how bout in NY, TO, Miami, and Boston?

DADDY MAGYVER

Whose YO DADDY..^
I DONT THINK THE BAND SURFACE GETS ENOUGH PLAY MAINLY
(CHUTNEY RAGGA SOCA & EXCHANGE)...MAYBE ITS JUST ME BUT I DONT HEAR THEM OFTEN IF AT ALL

MY GIRL SANELLE HAS TWO TUNES OUT THAT DONT GET ENOUGH PLAY
TRADESMAN AND "IF" (IF YUH DIDNT HAVE A RAG FOR CARNIVAL)

BUT THE SONG BY MILITANT IS REAL BAD..THAT HAS TO PLAY

A SONG FROM LAST YEAR THAT DIDNT GET ENOUGH PLAY WAS
"RAISE YUH HAND" BY TC

DADDY MAGYVER OUT
BLESSINGS 2 ALL

M

Me_Agen

I just love that Surface tune!
"Ah Know yuh
Ah know yuh yuh know"
It is so Trinidadian, like 'ENT?'
I thought it woulda gotten more play!

Socaboy

look meh!
If yuh want to talk about tunes that don't get any play...

1. Free Up Music - Shadow
2. Rag Down People - Shadow
3. H.I.V. - Shadow
4. Let Go - Shadow
5. Nah Leavin' - Denyse Plummer
6. Leggo Meh Man - Taste of Madness
7. Let The Session Begin - 3 Canal
8. Tradesman - Sanelle
9. J'ouvert Jump - Traffik
10. Last Singer - Xtatik (big tune)

GTyankee614

Hot and Groovy is a wicked tune,I liked it ever since I first heard it in march.and I just found out that the brother that's
singing it Millitant,is Guyanese Ihave not heard a guyanese soca artist in all my years of listening to soca.

one love

TheExecutive2k7

The Baddest Ever
Yeah de falling in Love by Xtatik good to also Gail-ann song with Bunji I think at the beginning. I think some people are starting to listen to their albums.

classyivy1

An Ivy of Class
Executive,

I agree with you about Unleash the Beast. That song is wicked. I liked it every since I heard it in Trini. You know I don't even remember Traffik performing it. Hand in ah Hand in ah Hand in ah de air. Rag in ah Rag in ah the ah! I could give a damn. Now that is a wicked jump up! There's also:

1. Heat in de Place by 3Canal
2. Carnival is Woman Ting by Blackie
3. De Wetter- Burning Flames- wicked, wicked

All in all I don't think Burning Flames get the props they deserve. They are very talented!

Anyway, I say we start going to DJs and requesting some of these songs we like. These artist that are making good music need to be recognized!

ILanDFnTsY

Blessed
Funny, almost every tune you mentioned gets serious play time (In my car!)

As much as people complain about the crap Iwer came with this year, I much rather Chili Bibi to that awful HAND song, and that don't really get much play in NY either.

classyivy1

An Ivy of Class
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-27-01 AT 11:25 AM (EST)[/font][p]That Hand song is one song I glad don't get much play! Also his Soca Bacchanal song. What was he thinking!

DarkMan292

1. Nah leaving
2. Bunji and Super Blue tune
3. Follow me
4. I forgot the name but it's a slow tune that goes
"Soca is what we love and we need". There's a guy chatting on it. If anybody knows it please reply with title/group.