Glasses

Empressdududahlin

Dawtah of the Sun
I'm blind as a bat MontREALady. A friend of mine swears I passed him straight at a bus stop, and I never heard the end of it. I'm far-sighted. But I haven't wore glasses in years, I need to get a pair soon!

M

MrBlackRock

I wear them at work. i need de clark kent look and a phone booth

SSS

I suppose to wear them for the computer, but I too stubborn so I only wear them when my eyes start to burn, like today because of lack of sleep.

montREALady said:
anybody wear them? not sunglasses, but precription lenses whether you're near or far-sighted...
I wear contacts..... I want to take the RK surgery but I fraid..

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
i am pretty bad myself empress (thanks MOM!) i wear glasses during the week, but if i have somewhere special to go or i'm going to a fete, i wear my contacts. that laser surgery sounds scary to me. i know a lot of people who've had it, but i don't know, something about a laser on my eyeball is not appealing...

i remember in high school before i got my first pair of glasses, i couldn't see down the hallway, when i got them i was like, "I CAN SEEEEEEE!!"

montREALady said:
i am pretty bad myself empress (thanks MOM!) i wear glasses during the week, but if i have somewhere special to go or i'm going to a fete, i wear my contacts. that laser surgery sounds scary to me. i know a lot of people who've had it, but i don't know, something about a laser on my eyeball is not appealing...

i remember in high school before i got my first pair of glasses, i couldn't see down the hallway, when i got them i was like, "I CAN SEEEEEEE!!"
Are yuh one of them gal who if I hide yuh glasses when yuh sleep yuh cant get off the bed... :D

G

I do, stueeeeeeeeps I have to wear them to drive and to see the board at school and also to watch T.V.

Rummy

Rum Aficionado/Soca-holic
I wear & make them. Yep, my ole boring job is working in an eyeglass lab. I treat my glasses like s*%t too. Only for driving do I wear them, but the Preview Channel on TV is REAL blurry. LOL

Empressdududahlin

Dawtah of the Sun
Don't listen to him MontREALady, but I used to get a good cussin because I wanted glasses when I was young and then when I realized how they look, Oh gosh I wanted to hide them all the time. You know how many times I bounce up with the wrong guy as a teenager in dem basement parties. And it's dark already, thank God for contacts.

ILuvSoca

Soca Lover
I wear glasses for the computer and to read, but I dont like to wear them either. Once in a while i would put them on.

I used to hide meh big sis glasses all the time when she pissed meh off... :D :D ... she used to be like stop playing.. give me de glasses :D :D :D

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
empressedu said:
Don't listen to him MontREALady, but I used to get a good cussin because I wanted glasses when I was young and then when I realized how they look, Oh gosh I wanted to hide them all the time. You know how many times I bounce up with the wrong guy as a teenager in dem basement parties. And it's dark already, thank God for contacts.
the trick is to buy designer frames. i am not into the wire rim school teacher look...i always have 2 pairs of glasses at a time, right now i have a black and a brown. 2 more to pick up from the optometrist, my eyes got worse! :(

Rummy

Rum Aficionado/Soca-holic
Glasses aren't too bad. Just make sure you clean them. I hate when people bring in some glasses that they wear all the time and the nose pieces are black and green and foundation all stuck in between the frames and lenses. Yuck! It doesn't take much to run them under soap and water now and then.

Empressdududahlin

Dawtah of the Sun
You know what, the last pair I had were these Donna Karen frames that looked so nice, but I need to look into some stylish but durable frames, I can really mash up a nice pair of glasses.

P

poca-old

i started to wear glasses in secondary 3, well i don't know the name for american schools, the doctor said after 9 months or so i won't have to wear them anymore. but it's been 7 years now and i still need to wear them.... i am more tha blind...
without my glasses i can't live!

trinisoul

I used to hate my glasses and was too happy for contacts...but then I got an eye infection and had to put on my old glasses (which were hurting my eyes and way out of style), so I had to get some new ones because i couldn't wear the contacts for a while, when I saw the price I was like I'm wearing these bad boys every day...

I wear my glasses to work and contacts on the weekends...

I go to this place call Studio Optix in Manhattan...they have nice frames a little expensive...

trinisoul

Last year, I found an old pair of glasses from my union frame days....damn they were big, but they looked good then...i showed my friend she was laughing so hard...

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
trinisoul said:
Last year, I found an old pair of glasses from my union frame days....damn they were big, but they looked good then...i showed my friend she was laughing so hard...
you should see some of my mother's frames from back in the day! :eek:hgosh