FOX News Interview: Muslim writes book about Jesus

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
She sounds and or comes off like a retarded parrot. He owned her.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YY92TV4_Wc0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dollbabi

Earth Angel
The woman's first question is so ignorant as is her inability to comprehend his approach, whether or not she agrees with him.

Further, does she know anything about Islam? Muslims believe in Jesus, simply in a different manner than Christians.

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
The woman's first question is so ignorant as is her inability to comprehend his approach, whether or not she agrees with him.

Further, does she know anything about Islam? Muslims believe in Jesus, simply in a different manner than Christians.
The entire interview he kept explaining to her why he COULD write a book about Jesus.

Then she goes on to say; he need to let people know he's Muslim.

I've seen Reza on a number of shows, and he let's you know up front he's Muslim. Sounds like she's been living under a rock not to know that.

dollbabi

Earth Angel
The entire interview he kept explaining to her why he COULD write a book about Jesus.

Then she goes on to say; he need to let people know he's Muslim.

I've seen Reza on a number of shows, and he let's you know up front he's Muslim. Sounds like she's been living under a rock not to know that.
Right! I commend him for his composure.

And why in the world does he have to let people know he is Muslim? That was utterly ridiculous.

Lucianite

Lol. @ interview .... If nothing else he established himself a s a religious scholar , a phd lol

She was ill prepared and gave a stupid example

But she has a point of him being a Muslim and an admittedly Muslim leader and write Book about Jesus in negative light , deserves some extra scrutiny

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
Lol. @ interview .... If nothing else he established himself a s a religious scholar , a phd lol

But she has a point of him being a Muslim and an admittedly Muslim leader and write Book about Jesus in negative light , deserves some extra scrutiny
She would need to read the book in order to come to that conclusion or any for that matter. It is evident she had not read the book, because he repeated he makes mention of him being Muslim on the 2nd page. lol

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
to be fair, i think the interview was problematic on both ends..
I see it time and time again in this new era of conservative slanted media outlets and liberal slanted media outlets...

The interviewee who is going on a a conservative slanted media outlet anticipates a hostile environment so he is on the defensive while the interviewer is ready to go on the offensive instead of being unbiased...the gentleman in this case seems like he did anticipate a hostile environment before entering the interview and was kind of defensive instead of letting the interview flow. It happens all the time when a non conservative, or a liberal, or a democrat goes on FOX for an interview... The interviewer or host is going to come at that individual with a less then un biased slant and the person being interviewed who anticipates this because it is Fox is going to be on the defensive... It turns into a grudge match instead of an interview... I have seen the same things on Liberal slanted media... A conservative goes there and the host is on the offensive instead of being unbiased, and the person being interviewed is already on the defensive before the interview starts...

SKBai1991

she does not have a point. why scrutinise the book more just because it offers a historical and secular opinion on jesus?

and furthermore, muslims believe in jesus too, they just see him as a prophet and not the son of God. they would have no reason to write negative about him

dedetriniking

wow! What an embarassing interview. The dude came off great and the woman came off like .....................a person from the FOX network.

antiguad

She sounds and or comes off like a retarded parrot. He owned her.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YY92TV4_Wc0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Here's the problem:

The interviewer knew NOTHING about the book, and was simply reading a bunch of talking points related to the author's religion.

Not necessarily her fault, as most reporters wouldn't necessarily read more than one or two summaries regarding book interviews and the like.

But whoever wrote the line of questioning also did not have a clue about what the book was about.

The interviewer was poorly prepared.

To be honest, the writer did come off a bit hostile from the beginning, but it's obvious that was because of the line of questioning.

His religion had nothing to do with the book, and questions about his religion (which had no bearing on the subject) obviously offended him

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
Here's the problem:

The interviewer knew NOTHING about the book, and was simply reading a bunch of talking points related to the author's religion.

Not necessarily her fault, as most reporters wouldn't necessarily read more than one or two summaries regarding book interviews and the like.

But whoever wrote the line of questioning also did not have a clue about what the book was about.

The interviewer was poorly prepared.

To be honest, the writer did come off a bit hostile from the beginning, but it's obvious that was because of the line of questioning.

His religion had nothing to do with the book, and questions about his religion (which had no bearing on the subject) obviously offended him
Hostile?.....Nahhhh Annoyed?...totally understandable.

A.K.K.S.

This man straight owned this women. He was on Bill Maher this past Friday, doing the same.

Where does FOX News get all these house-n!ggas from?

tikreyol

Got Kompa?
This is what happens when you try to conduct an interview on someone you know nothing about. He got her together! Receipts and all! :read:

Lucianite

she does not have a point. why scrutinise the book more just because it offers a historical and secular opinion on jesus?

and furthermore, muslims believe in jesus too, they just see him as a prophet and not the son of God. they would have no reason to write negative about him
I said the interview was a Disaster and I know Muslims believe in Jesus but as u say not as the prophet. - that matters

But mu larger point here is that his motive should be questioned that is also scholarship to question things..... Again her approach was wrong and she was not prepared ... I was speaking on a larger point of questioning things. Plus this type of publicity will mean sales for his book . I do not know if his book is accurate or not because I have not read and I am not a Religious scholar neither are you to assume his book is accurate or not slanted .... Btw here is another Angle in the Atlantic monthly

It seems that Aslan’s defense wasn’t entirely accurate. First Things, published by the Institute on Religion and Public Life, examined Aslan’s claims. “Aslan does have four degrees,” writes Matthew J. Franck.

None of these degrees is in history, so Aslan’s repeated claims that he has “a Ph.D. in the history of religions” and that he is “a historian” are false. Nor is “professor of religions” what he does “for a living.” He is an associate professor in the Creative Writing program at the University of California, Riverside, where his terminal MFA in fiction from Iowa is his relevant academic credential. It appears he has taught some courses on Islam in the past, and he may do so now, moonlighting from his creative writing duties at Riverside. Aslan has been a busy popular writer, and he is certainly a tireless self-promoter, but he is nowhere known in the academic world as a scholar of the history of religion. And a scholarly historian of early Christianity? Nope.

Aslan’s Ph.D., explains Franck, was in sociology. “He cannot plausibly claim, as he did to Lauren Green, that he is a ‘historian,’ or is a ‘professor of religions’ ‘for a living.’”