Dating women/men who have kids

Nica

SAINTSational
everybody has the right to set they only personal prerequisites for the relationship they wish to enter into. But then again, IMO it depends on the age; if you in your late 30's and above and looking for a partner with no children you kidding yourself....
It may not be practical for someone in that age range to set their sight solely on finding a childless partner, but it is possible. Lately I've been running into a number of 37 to 39 yr old childless men.

*Sugarr*

what other ppl eat dont make me sh*t..i dont care. For me i will not date a man with kids and I have 3 of my own. Its my preference and I have every right to have what i want...eventually I got what i wanted. I dont see this as selfish because the men have a choice as well. They can easily walk and find someone to better serve their needs.

DSP

Heri
what other ppl eat dont make me sh*t..i dont care. For me i will not date a man with kids and I have 3 of my own. Its my preference and I have every right to have what i want...eventually I got what i wanted. I dont see this as selfish because the men have a choice as well. They can easily walk and find someone to better serve their needs.
whooowheeee :rofl:

G

Gladiator

lol at least ur honest

dollbabi

Earth Angel
No men with children, unless perhaps the mother of the child/children passed away. In the latter situation, I might have considered it. That was my rule. Men thought it was harsh, especially since it has long been more acceptable for them to come with baggage. But oh well...

Needless to say, people are free to determine the characteristics they want in an s/o.

SKBai1991

lmaoooo

*Sugarr*

I'm always upfront about my situation so that he can make the best decision for him. This one african guy that i dated said that he normally doesnt date woman with kids as he doesnt have any...but as time went by I could tell it may have bothered him a slight bit...but he would never say it...so i ended up breaking up with him.

P

Pebbles362436

I'm always upfront about my situation so that he can make the best decision for him. This one african guy that i dated said that he normally doesnt date woman with kids as he doesnt have any...but as time went by I could tell it may have bothered him a slight bit...but he would never say it...so i ended up breaking up with him.
Interesting that you will trust someone without kids or any parental skills to come around or have a role with your kids. I normally look at how they interact with their own as a big indication. If they have bad parental skills they sure the hell never going to meet or interact with mines.

S

sharkie

Interesting that you will trust someone without kids or any parental skills to come around or have a role with your kids. I normally look at how they interact with their own as a big indication. If they have bad parental skills they sure the hell never going to meet or interact with mines.
I don't think lack of kids equate to bad parenting skills. That's just crazy. Unless you dating some bobolee or child molester creep, you can tell by the character of a person whether or not they have common sense to be around a child and make rational decisions.

P

Pebbles362436

I don't think lack of kids equate to bad parenting skills. That's just crazy. Unless you dating some bobolee or child molester creep, you can tell by the character of a person whether or not they have common sense to be around a child and make rational decisions.
Sometimes people look good on paper or they try to say all the right things to impress you while dating. However, sometimes until you are actually able to assess them in an actually situation. A lot of variables can quickly change.lol Just a lot of things you can pick up just with how they interact, play and discipline their own kids. That can be a big red flag. I might trust them to meet my dog first before anyone in my family.lol

Last edited:

*Sugarr*

I dont equate having kids to knowing how to deal or interact with kids...also when dating i have never introduced any man to my kids...Also im not looking for a father for my kids...you can tell someone who is good with kids just by how they were raised (they tend to raise the kids with the same mindframe, discipline etc)...also they may have kids in their family that they deal with. When u hire a young baby sitter they dont always have kids *shrug*

*Sugarr*

Sometimes people look good on paper or they try to say all the right things to impress you while dating. However, sometimes until you are actually able to assess them in an actually situation. A lot of variables can quickly change.lol Just a lot of things you can pick up just with how they interact, play and disapline their own kids. That can be a big red flag. I might trust them to meet my dog first before anyone in my family.lol
If that person is a front...thats just who they are...they are gonna still front when they have their kids with them..The key is to get someone truthful and if u are dating properly u can tell a fakin dude from a mile away.

P

Pebbles362436

If that person is a front...thats just who they are...they are gonna still front when they have their kids with them..The key is to get someone truthful and if u are dating properly u can tell a fakin dude from a mile away.
Yeah you can tell when they faking sometimes.lol However, saying what they capable of "doing" and then watching them actually doing what they say "they can/will do" are two different things.lol I'm just very picky. So I won't want them as "experimental parental figures" in my life. That's like giving birth to another kid in some cases. Let me see if they screw up their own kids first before I trust them with or around mines.lol

*Sugarr*

Yeah you can tell when they faking sometimes.lol However, saying what they capable of "doing" and then watching them actually doing what they say "they can/will do" are two different things.lol I'm just very picky. So I won't want them as "experimental parental figures" in my life. That's like giving birth to another kid in some cases. Let me see if they screw up their own kids first before I trust them with or around mines.lol
I see what you are saying...but my kids are alittle older so they dont need as much 'parenting' from him....they are 8/11/14...hes more of a role model and he helps out. I can see if they are young like 1 or something. Also too if there is anythin that I disagree with i speak up...and in the end i have the final say lol. Theres no way you can see and know how they will be 100% with your kids whether they have kids or not, its a learning process for all involved.