Dating women/men who have kids

G

Gladiator

What is your opinion of a man/woman who do not have kids, that refuse to date a woman/man because they have a kid? Do you think that is the wrong or right mindset ?..

I know young women with kids who get upset with men who seek no interest in women who have kids lol

..and I know women who are the same, they refuse to date men with kids.

bhalistix

It is I
everybody has the right to set they only personal prerequisites for the relationship they wish to enter into. But then again, IMO it depends on the age; if you in your late 30's and above and looking for a partner with no children you kidding yourself....

Riley Escobar

Anonymous
What is your opinion of a man/woman who do not have kids, that refuse to date a woman/man because they have a kid? Do you think that is the wrong or right mindset ?..

I know young women with kids who get upset with men who seek no interest in women who have kids lol

It's their right to do so... Some people don't want the responsibility of having to look after another person's child or deal with the baggage that comes with it... Personally for me, I'd date a woman with a child and once the boy/girl has manners, then I'm cool...

Problemjaydeess

I always laugh at people who are upset with others for choosing not to be with someone because that person has a kid. Its their choice to make, because if they choose to be with someone who has a kid then they have no choice to love the kid as much as the mother/father.

The conflict that face us shows that in today society there are a lot of single mom and dads. So its more difficult to find someone who does not have a kid. (If that's the choice you want).

B

Black Madonna

to each his own. I have even seen people who have kids date people without. but's usually men with kids want to date women w/o kids.
when I didnt have a child, I preferred men w/o kids too (even though I dated some that had them)

everyone rationalizes it differently. for some women, they would rather see how a man is with his kids first (so they can determine his level of 'responsibility')

and

some may think they are 'competing' with the kids and dont want to share time.

or they just want somebody who is in the same boat as themselves...whatever that is

LIONESS onda RISE

to each his own. I have even seen people who have kids date people without. but's usually men with kids want to date women w/o kids.
when I didnt have a child, I preferred men w/o kids too (even though I dated some that had them)

everyone rationalizes it differently. for some women, they would rather see how a man is with his kids first (so they can determine his level of 'responsibility')

and

some may think they are 'competing' with the kids and dont want to share time.

or they just want somebody who is in the same boat as themselves...whatever that is
in fact, prior to having my girls...i never dated a guy with children..ever!!

B

Black Madonna

in fact, prior to having my girls...i never dated a guy with children..ever!!
I hear ya, but before I rule out anything, I like to give it a fair shot, that way when I reject it...it's justified based on personal experience rather than prejudice.

G

Gladiator

For me personally I will NOT date a woman who has a kid. Most times the negative reaction I get from this decision come from women who have kids.

B

Black Madonna

For me personally I will NOT date a woman who has a kid. Most times the negative reaction I get from this decision come from women who have kids.
do you have kids?

I dont see why a woman with kids would want a man who didnt have kids.
and if you do have kids, why would you discriminate against someone in the same boat as yourself.

G

Gladiator

do you have kids?

and if you do have kids, why would you discriminate against someone in the same boat as yourself.
I don't have kids, and the women who have a problem with my choice see the choice as being prejudice or judgmental. I see their way of thinking as selfish

Last edited:
B

Black Madonna

I don't have kids, and the women who have a problem with my choice see the choice as being prejudice or judgmental.
oh they just salty about their situation. you have every right to date someone who is your "equal". there are lots of different things than changes peoples "market value". and kids is one of them. that is for both men and women. people need to accept that.

Minxy

do you have kids?

story of my friggen life, all i seem to date are men with no friggen kids! WTF! stewps...i damn sure aint having no more..shiiiiiiiiiiiit :drag:

S

sharkie

I have no problem with people being able to say whether or not they want to date someone with kids or not. It's the same as someone wanting to date somebody who is tall/short/light/dark/black/white.

I particularly prefer to not date a man with a child, I'm somewhat open to it depending on his age and the age of the child. Sometimes there's drama either way, young or old mother. So I'd prefer to avoid it if possible.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
everybody has the right to set they only personal prerequisites for the relationship they wish to enter into. But then again, IMO it depends on the age; if you in your late 30's and above and looking for a partner with no children you kidding yourself....
not necessarily. depends on your circle...

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
i see no issue with not wanting to date someone w/ kids if you have none of your own. you set the terms and conditions. it's your relationship. your life.

N

NaturalBornRidah

I've done it, but its definitely something I don't aim for , so I am leaning to dating women without kids.

Too much baggage does bring some problems,especially if there comes a time when the relationship blossoms and you have to make a decision how and not to discipline the child/children.Too much of a headache.

Nica

SAINTSational

If that's the person's preference then I can't fault him/her for that. Some people would prefer not to have other variable in their relationship.. others would like to come first in their SO's life and if that SO has a child, then more than likely that child(ren) would come first.