Clean Eating

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
eatting what??

4 foot or 2 foot table??
Focusing on doing away with processed foods with loads of stuff you can't pronounce. i.e., I tried natural peanut butter the other day, only ingredients on the jar was peanut butter. lol

I expected it to taste like tree bark, turned out to be delicious...had it on a honey nut rice cake.

LB

Peace Love n Pretty Tings
what specifically do you mean?

As a new trend or if you see it as another "fad"?

Focusing on doing away with processed foods with loads of stuff you can't pronounce. i.e., I tried natural peanut butter the other day, only ingredients on the jar was peanut butter. lol

I expected it to taste like tree bark, turned out to be delicious...had it on a honey nut rice cake.
oh is food you talking bout!!!

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
what specifically do you mean?

As a new trend or if you see it as another "fad"?
I see it replacing the word diet (negative connotation). People think of it as having to eat food that taste like a cardboard box in order to lose weight.

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush
Recently challenged myself to not eating bad carbs for 3 weeks.

I loooooooooves bread, to the point where I go in the bread box and eat a slice and enjoy it like its the best thing since oxygen. lol

So far, I've been eating veggies, fruits and my protein (chicken n fish) not a big fan of steaks. I can honestly say after the 3rd day I could feel a difference in my energy level.

I've never been a awful eater, but always believed there was room for improvement.

I'm not going sit here and say I'm giving up the bad stuff forever, I travel too much for that...I would be missing out on all the goodies around the world. lol

LB

I see it replacing the word diet (negative connotation). People think of it has having to eat food that taste like a cardboard box in order to lose weight.
gotcha. I definitely think it takes the pressure off of the idea of dieting to be healthy and shift it towards just being healthy overall and the indirect benefit is losing weighting for those wanting to.
Plus it re-focuses ppl's to read labels and perhaps cook more from scratch than like you said, buying food in a box or a can.

OverLord Strum

Excellent thread....excelleenntttt.

I've been doing this for over a year now.

- No meat that has hormones, antibiotics, chemicals, and that has been fed its non-natural diet. (cows and corn vs grass....look it up)

- No added sugars in drinks, only real fruit juices, spritzers, water, & good beer :kicks

- absolutely nothing with preservatives (nitrates, sodium benzoate, etc.)

- Absolutely minimal dairy...no cow's milk at all..despite popular belief it is not all that great for us.

Huge difference in energy....hugeeeeee. Not that I was a lazy slob before...but I feel like a Ninja now.

LB

excellent summary.

How do you manage to stick to things when you are on the road alot for your work? Airport food isnt known for its goodness. lol

- No meat that has hormones, antibiotics, chemicals, and that has been fed its non-natural diet. (cows and corn vs grass....look it up)

- No added sugars in drinks, only real fruit juices, spritzers, water, & good beer :kicks

- Absolutely minimal dairy...no cow's milk at all..despite popular belief it is not all that great for us.

Huge difference in energy....hugeeeeee. Not that I was a lazy slob before...but I feel like a Ninja now.

Mrs. Campbell

Girl Crush

:yes2: Strum!

I haven't had any juices since I started, just water (with wedge of lemon or lime). I've given up on cows milk..I drink coconut milk now.

And yes was never a slob, work out 3 days a week and walk everywhere. But you right, I'm feeling the Ninja. lol

My goal is to talk with a nutritionist or get a book to understand foods and what are the benefits of said.

Also notice, I eat like a race horse now. That's because the body burns the good fuel quickly.

Oneshot

where de crix

soo no bacon.. tough

OverLord Strum

excellent summary.

How do you manage to stick to things when you are on the road alot for your work? Airport food isnt known for its goodness. lol
On the road there is a bit of slackness because I cannot ask to see the ingredients list for everything...but some things I do not compromise on. I drink only water on the road... very minimal dairy...and I pack a lot of healthy all natural snacks in a lunch bag.

I'll get a steak or a hamburger here or there at work...but the majority of my diet is consumed at home...which is where I made the drastic change.

OverLord Strum

:yes2: Strum!

I haven't had any juices since I started, just water (with wedge of lemon or lime). I've given up on cows milk..I drink coconut milk now.

And yes was never a slob, work out 3 days a week and walk everywhere. But you right, I'm feeling the Ninja. lol

My goal is to talk with a nutritionist or get a book to understand foods and what are the benefits of said.

Also notice, I eat like a race horse now. That's because the body burns the good fuel quickly.
I've noticed that also....how quickly everything is digested. Can be frustrating at times....but it's a good sign.

OverLord Strum

I've gone even further and switched all my hygiene products to natural stuff. (lotion, shampoo, etc.)

Huge difference noted also.