BookClub

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
We will be putting up the rules and structure of the bookclub very shortly. Most of the books in the booklists were suggested by Imixers in previous posts. The majority are by Black authors (some are Caribbean), however we have books by non-Black authors as well. We started brainstorming and compiling ideas for the bookclub since August (the 14th to be exact! :p) and now that it's finally under way, we hope it turns out to be as fun and interesting as we anticipate.

In the meantime, you can find out if your local bookstore has a Rewards Program that offers discounts on books, as well as points for every dollar spent. I know the "Chapters/Indigo/Coles" bookstores here in Montreal do.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/irewa...WSID=140969510161FC0D48B3BE1B1AD0A065AD922926

Also, feel free to post any book-related posts, as we will try to take everyone's ideas/suggestions into consideration.

Thanks!

Last edited:

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
don't forget to select to view the posts within the last year to see all of the posts related to books and or the bookclub.

Trinibaje

IMIX ATTORNEY GENERAL
I am reading anthills of the savanah.. i hope someone else will read it so that i am not alone.. talking by myself again.

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
trinibaje said:
I am reading anthills of the savanah.. i hope someone else will read it so that i am not alone.. talking by myself again.
i thought you were reading the non-fiction book seeing as you replied under the non-fiction section that you were getting the book! lol!!

trinipetty

Head Gone!
Tonight I started reading...

P.G. County, by Connie Briscoe..You remember her right? Sisers & Lovers dat book was goooood. Anyone else wanna join in....Oh I forgot to mention...I wanna be part of de bookclub. I am a new member trying to get in everyting possible;)

montREALady

Former IMIX POSTER Child
Re: Tonight I started reading...

trinipetty said:
P.G. County, by Connie Briscoe..You remember her right? Sisers & Lovers dat book was goooood. Anyone else wanna join in....Oh I forgot to mention...I wanna be part of de bookclub. I am a new member trying to get in everyting possible;)
i never read that one yet. i read her other book though. i think she has another one that i read too. i inboxed you earlier.