BLUE VENTURES - Ronnie McIntosh... ???

STRYKA

Administrator
Ok Ok.... what happened to Ronnie and Crew? Sanelle is doing more appearances than Ronnie... I could be wrong... but so many fetes and they ain't appearing on any... I personally think that their "Hit De Road" track is a nice song and they have others too... They is a good band... hmmmmm.... Or did I miss something and the band doing other things??

I thought they would come out with some hard hitting tunes since XTATIK is out of the limelight...

STRYKA...

Your IslandMix.com Webmaster...

DCboy

WHAT?
Maybe Ronnie spending more time in Trinidad now since he married...(or is he still). I was rurmored that he left the band but it was just talk. I don't know...i only in DC.

DADDY MAGYVER

Whose YO DADDY..^
THATS RIGHT THEY ARE GOING THROUGH SOME PROBLEMS RIGHT NOW AND THAT IS THE REASON THEY ARENT PERFORMING AS A GROUP REALLY. THEY ARE TRYING TO SEE WHAT THE NEXT MOVE WILL BE BUT I AGREE THEY ARE A GOOD BAND.

*****MS. B WHERE ARE YOU IF YOU STILL OUT THERE? YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE
I WILL LINK YOU UP SOON.

GUIDANCE
BLESSINGZ 2 ALL
**DONT FORGET OPP BOATRIDE FATHERS DAY WEEKEND...IT GO BE ON

SANDO

DE FRACKIN SOUTH KING
The whole truth about this, is Blue Ventures is no more. Ronnie has gotten the boot by the other members of the band. The Blue Ventures members or what was left of the band are in transition of creating a new band, due to premiere for Miami Carnival this year. That is if all goes well.

P

pangea

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-01 AT 10:59 PM (EST)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-01 AT 10:57 PM (EST)[/font]

All this nonsense about Ronnie leaving Blue Ventures or that they are going through problems is BS. The band is intact, sad to say the promoters got caught up in Traffik, only now to realize that band for band, pound for pound Blue Venture will mash dem up or any other band. Without Bunji, Iwer, Shadow, Rupir, etc performing on stage, Traffik is nothing. Doh worry, Blue Ventures is still the greatest band to come out of Trinidad, the promoters now waking up and hopefully they will be out in your neck of the woods soon!

Also this talk about Blue Venture being no more or members forming a new band is utter nonsense. One of the horn men left, Big deal? Why not discuss the three members leaving Traffik, Lisa Romani, the guitarist and the Sax man, one of the best sax men in TnT!

musicmad

Hey, hey...what is all of this...you don't have to diss one band to big up another.

Blue Ventures having their problems which hopefully they will sort out. Traffik recently terminated four of their members - they did not leave. They were given the pink slip which was sad. But everyone knows that business decisions have to be made at times because at the end of the day - entertainment is a business.

Think positive for all soca bands and all artistes and wish them well. Ronnie had his time. It is now time for Spongy and Sanelle to shine, especially Spongy as he had a reasonably good hit this year with "De Road", sung by him and Starr of Roots.

Nuff respect to both.

P

pangea

What is the difference if Traffik terminated four members or that the four members left? The fact that they were terminated, does that give Traffik the upper hand? The bottom line here is it shows major conflict in the band especially after such a successful carnival season to be fired! In the end when you compare Edwin Charles, Sherwin Winchester and Sean Caruth to Rinnie McIntosh, Sanelle Dempster, Spongie, Lima Calbio and Sydney, is there really a comparison? It is clear that Blue Ventures is way abouve the rest of them jokers! Eddie from Traffik cyar even sing! I eh even start talking about the wicked music that backing Blue Ventures singers yet, so doh start meh there!

ILanDFnTsY

Blessed
Okay Pangea, so you don't like Traffik all well and good, the question still remains does anyone have any CONCRETE facts on what the deal is w/ Blue Ventures?

W

wassy

YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE TRAFFIK. IF THAT'S YOUR OPINION. HOWEVER, IF BLUE VENTURES IS SUCH A GREAT BAND. THEY WOULD BE BOOKED SOLID FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON OUTSIDE OF TRINIDAD CANIVAL. YET, I HAVE YET TO SEE THE BAND PERFORM IN NEW YORK...IF THIS IS THE BEST BAND OUT OF TRINIDAD....ARE THEY REALLY THE BEST?????

P

pangea

Wassy, the soca mafia in Trinidad are in control. As I said in my previous post, whoever Iwer, Bunji, Shadow, Rupie, and all the stars perform with at parties will go down as the best band for the season. Traffik had the luxury of all these starts performing with them at every fete and mashing up. When you hear Traffik without thse stars, they are boring. I even put Surface and Atlantik above them. Last year, Xtatik had the same luxury. Who do you think controls who these young starts perform with? 96.1, ring a bell? Why yuh tink Xtatik pull out of Brass festival? You can't blame the promoters because they don't know any better, they are lost.

Again, I dear any of these bands to go up band for band against Blue Ventures, no guest artistes, Sanelle, Ronnie and band will mash them up musically, harmony, vocally, and any which way yuh could think. Yuh really think Eddie from Traffik could sing? Seriously, answer that question. Blue Ventures is very much in tact, they will be in all the big carnivals, New York, Miami, Toronto, etc.

couva

RONNIE DOING VERY GOOD WITH SOCA WARRIORS- DIS IS DE NAME OF DE FOOTBALL TEAM IN TRINI

I dont see why you ruuning yuh mouth like dis. you disrespecting the legends in de business.

you ever see a band decide dem tired ah de promoter nonsense IN NEWYORK and dey decide to do somethin else.

I just come back from trini

Ronnie mashin up trinidad at the Soccer-FOOTBALL games.

He always on TV promoting Soca Warriors.

LAst week he cohost a show with Errol Fabien on 105FM.

HE IS THE OFFICIAL singer and performer at all de games.

he even do a CD for soca warriors all bout in Trinidad. and de tracks is all bout dem countries dat Trinidad playing and beating.
The last track is just like the fete dey does have at the savannah when dey playing and winning. Bottle and iron for so, a real nice track.
So he busy and he cyant travel cause he have to be whey the team is. allyuh don know so allyuh runnin your mout

get your tickets for the big football match in BOSTON june 20th. plenty busride going from DC, NY. and charters from Canada.

dat go be big wear red bring your flags

ronnie go be performin dey

Doh worry bout Ronnie
Doh worry bout blue ventures