Being an African American

S

sharkie

kevlocks said:
This one deals with stereotypes.

This guy starts up conversation with me.

He asks me where I work.

I tell him for the Federal Goverment.

He was amazed (for some strange reason)

He said OH REALLY!!!! So what do you do? Are you a Security Guard????
. :butcher:
. :butcher:
Crickets :butcher:​

I tell him that I'm a senior IT Analyst in the Office of The Chief Information Officer. *sticking my chest out with my wanna be superman stance*

He stands there shocked!

I tell him - you know what, I'm going to get some air. Nice meeting you.

I tell you man, ignorance is truely bliss. :mda:
totally different situations. steups.

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
kevlocks said:
Then he says "Thank you! Now I can truely see what it's like to be an AFRICAN AMERICAN!!!" :butcher: :assassin:
So, well, you should've beaten him over the head with a billy club and opened a fire hydrant on him.

Get him started on that education right away.

T

Toppa_Toppa

carib_xtc said:
you have a point but people do do it.. and all this african american shyt...... is the black community in America's fault for accepting the name.
Yes, but what's wrong with the term African American? It was a term chosen by descendants of the enslaved Africans in America - it was not imposed upon them. So is there something wrong with me saying I'm West Indian?

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
kevlocks said:
So I go to an event this past weekend.

I meet this white man from South Africa.

He tells me that he was born and raised there.

I tell him "good for you".

Then he tells me that he just got his american citizenship two weeks ago.

I tell him "congradualtions".

Then he says "Thank you! Now I can truely see what it's like to be an AFRICAN AMERICAN!!!" :butcher: :assassin:

WTF!!?!!?!?!?!

Not only does he need to get the fack outta here with that BS, but that has got to be the WORSE joke that I've heard in quite some time!!!! :rolleyes: :butcher:
:kicks:kicks

It is just ANOTHER WAY that WHITE PEOPLE, who are borned in AFRICA, can CLAIM ENTITLEMENTS in AMERICA by claiming that they're AFRICAN AMERICAN.

In other words, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLICIES are at the HEART of that TREND by the WHITEMAN.

kevlocks

aka Karl Logan
sharkie said:
omg, stfu.

it was a corny joke. :dntknw: the chem teacher in my h.s. is south african and white and makes that joke on the first day of classes to get a lil chuckle from the kids.

plus....technically he's right dammit.
agreed! It was just wierd how it came about. even his peoples looked at him like :eek: :eek:

S

sharkie

kevlocks said:
agreed! It was just wierd how it came about. even his peoples looked at him like :eek: :eek:
so why you so pissed he said it? steups.

S

sharkie

carib_xtc said:
everytime I see the word dumbass i think of you :(
yuh coulda pick a nex insult (jerk, asshole, creep, bastard). jus cuz i done call u a dumbass.

come again.

GoldenBrown

Whatever Lola wants...
Tha Fugitive said:
The term African american can be looked at as being just as foolish as his African joke
I agree. It is a very assumptive label based on misleading phenotypical characteristics that belong to more than black americans.

T

Toppa_Toppa

Hotgirl11226 said:
Depends on how you see the term "African American"....The term can be used to identicfy race, ethncity and or nationality.
Not race but ethnicity, yeah.

carib_xtc

XTC Inc.
I seriously dont know what the problem is i responded to a post that said that they dont really like the african american thing.... I didnt say they had to stick with colored or nigger. "Gat Verdomme" :(

GoldenBrown

Whatever Lola wants...
Mystic Xtremist said:
So, well, you should've beaten him over the head with a billy club and opened a fire hydrant on him.

Get him started on that education right away.
then rape his wife and turn him down for a small business loan...

S

sharkie

fntsy19 said:
whats wrong wit jus the title black? it have black, white, hispanic, asian,(asian can be broken into oriental and indian)
this is america, not great britain. yuh cyah call a chinee oriental.