Which one:

• Band of D Year

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Carnival Country

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4mydawgz

I think Carnival Country is a lil better. Especially when Bunji say "Give Me D Signal". That song is full of energy.

Predator01

STREETS R WATCHIN
4mydawgz said:
I think Carnival Country is a lil better. Especially when Bunji say "Give Me D Signal". That song is full of energy.
Carnival country is one of my favourites but lets break it down.Vocal range Patrice over Lil bits.Delivery intensity..Machel over bunji.Musical arrangements B.O.D.Y over C.C.Lyrical content...B.O.D.Y over C.C.That means if yuh does play mass or be in de heart of de carnival yuh could relate more to B.O.D.Y.Ah Road march tune vs ah good tune.Live in ah show well yuh done know.

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
Carnival Country will always be one of my favorites....

but I'm not sure what we supposed to be comparing here...it's clearly outclassed as a 'Road' song...

Predator01

STREETS R WATCHIN
direct_effect said:
Carnival Country is better, still can't believe that Trinidad let B.O.D.Y. win Road March.
Did u play mass this year(Trinidad)?As bakes say this is a "road tune" and so does tnt masqueraders.Send me ah link of alyuh last road march if diaz de name allyuh does call it, carnival country is ah wicked party tune though :dirol:

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
Predator01 said:
Did u play mass this year(Trinidad)?As bakes say this is a "road tune" and so does tnt masqueraders.Send me ah link of alyuh last road march if diaz de name allyuh does call it, carnival country is ah wicked party tune though :dirol:
Some people yuh just have to pat on the head and give them encouraging looks....

direct_effect

Bake n Shark said:
Some people yuh just have to pat on the head and give them encouraging looks....
Pat on the head my facking ass, is not my fault yall fetching road march song was so full of sheet this year. Road song my ass, just because it says "turn it up, turn it up, start the jumping by the truck". My little brother could have written that. The song was not energetic and should have been left to the in between points when u just wanted to chip or go get a beer before a song that actually made u want to get on bad came on.

Predator01 said:
Antigua's last road march. Burning Flames - De Harder Dey Come http://www.islandmix.com/avroom/index.php?filter=year&year=2005#

4mydawgz

nine ball said:
Not even quite sure why the two are being compared.....

I think they both serve the same purpose.

"put ya hand in the air" and jump up.

forget that they have different drum patterns... when they are performed, they both have the same effect on the crowd.

My question is:

Which one is better?!?!

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
What...did they have a 4th of July special on PMS at your neighborhood bodega?
direct_efette said:
Pat on the head my facking ass, is not my fault yall fetching road march song was so full of sheet this year.

It so full of "sheet" then why yuh getting yuhself so riled up over this "sheet"....why not wait until somebody make a thread about de 'peculiar' brand of soca emanating from Wadadli then offer your expertise on it?

Road song my ass, just because it says "turn it up, turn it up, start the jumping by the truck".

Have you ever played Mas on the road in Trinidad (since we talking Trini road march and all nah)? If yes, then please regale us with your experience. If no, then kindly shut yuh fucking ass and retreat back into whichever shithole you escaped from.

My little brother could have written that. The song was not energetic and should have been left to the in between points when u just wanted to chip or go get a beer before a song that actually made u want to get on bad came on.
Your little brother sounds smart, maybe he shoulda also write this post for you as well.... because by the looks of things you either have your head fully posted up your ass or you don't know the first thing about what actually moves a crowd on the road come Carnival Monday and Tuesday in Trinidad.

PUSHER

WANT SOME
Bake n Shark said:
What...did they have a 4th of July special on PMS at your neighborhood bodega?

Your little brother sounds smart, maybe he shoulda also write this post for you as well.... because by the looks of things you either have your head fully posted up your ass or you don't know the first thing about what actually moves a crowd on the road come Carnival Monday and Tuesday in Trinidad.
They have their own version of road march but its not de same spirit(vibez). :dirol:

Bake n Shark

Gangsta Boogie
PUSHER said:
They have their own version of road march but its not de same spirit(vibez). :dirol:
Antigua and much of the Eastern Caribbean on some ole different vibe period...and to each his own.

It always amuses me though, when some exposure-deficient ignoramus from some next island want to come and say they expounding on Trini soca....