Any of you seen these billboards popping up in Brooklyn

mz_JazE

Southern Belle
Negro...NO I would not have been angry in fact I didn't even watch the movie...Tho "ratchetness" is real most of these things are vaguely real problems with serious consequences. It does not excuse the truths in the posters...Nearly none of these things are up for discussion in comparison to the thread poster's posters...

I'm not sure what else to say about these stereo types especially the chicken and kool-aid for breakfast...

I mean if one were to stop all the of above...what would it change exactly?

The way we are treated?
The way fast food restaurants target blacks?
The roles we are offered in movies?
Less ppl see ur boxers/briefs?
What should we eat for breakfast?
What should we start discussing all day on twitter exactly?
Are we better individuals by dressing like whom exactly?

We need to approach it in a more positive direction...Instead of telling ppl wat NOT to do specifically.

Love yourself and know ur self worth and encourage others who are lacking if you already know yours.

Ur expertise in pointing out flaws is only insulting...

Don't use the hahaha I'm better than u approach...IGNORANCE IS BLISS! Most of the time humans (not just black people) respond negatively to insults...Its produces no result but resentment.

If u really don't care it comes off as such...I wonder what type of things are discussed on ur twitter page...I'm hoping positive uplifting talk with encouraging pictures of black love and black people doing positive things? I hate to judge but probably not judging from ur tone...
THANK YOU!!!!!
you said it better than me because he usually just spouts off anything Black particularly related to Black Americans in a negative light, and it just frustrates you to no end.

Ms.Josiewhales

oh no not at all. You are mistaking in thinking that Walmart business model is to target broke people. if that was that case they would not set up the stores in predominantly white suburbs miles away from the inner city.
Ok...Maybe I used the wrong word but in essence its cheaper and there is no room for a superstore in the hood they have no choice...Have u been to Walmart lately? I frequent a racist website and they have threads dedicated to talking shit about the ppl who shop @ Walmart smh. manly of them live near one and refuse to shop there But from what I personally know Ppl from the "hood" go out their way to shop there...For me its like going to the club...I swear someone is always about to fight and ppl shove and are very rude...My main reason though is I see everybody I dnt wanna see and with all those cash registers only one is open with a stupid long ass line...Then I go to pick up one thing and end up buying a lot more...Its soo much stuff its overwhelming for me I dnt like that....I prefer a smaller more laid back shopping atmosphere...

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
lol @mcdonalds only being in black neighborhoods

if they put a Whole Foods in the hood, would Black people start eating healthier?

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
McDonalds disproportionately targets black people in advertisements.
lol...because Black people were complaining about not being represented, while being major consumers

most white people i know, don't even eat mcDonald's....so why put it in areas where they will be closing in a few months because all the white people are eating organic foods from the farmer's market.

NikkiGiovanni

Warrior Queen
you know what i just realized, 5 Guys Burgers and Fries, is all over the white neighborhoods....that shit is by far more expensive than McDonald's and much more greasier and heavier.....and they don't advertise either

SKBai1991

you know what i just realized, 5 Guys Burgers and Fries, is all over the white neighborhoods....that shit is by far more expensive than McDonald's and much more greasier and heavier.....and they don't advertise either
their fries yes but their burgers, not really. they're definitely of better quality though

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
lol @mcdonalds only being in black neighborhoods

if they put a Whole Foods in the hood, would Black people start eating healthier?
naw they would complain that things in there are too expensive.. i remember one time i lived down the street from whole foods and even though it was accessible to black people (meaning all sorts of transport ran there) you would see 100 white people to 1 black person... but then same folks dropping 185 dollars on jackets, sneakers etc... it's just what you prioritize yes..

Hello BKLYN

Searching For Answers
that fastfood thing dont add up.. McDonalds is in Every neighborhood.. And they dont even target a specific neighborhood... If there is a major department store, a mall, a major road with high traffic, you will see a Mc DOnalds