Any of you seen these billboards popping up in Brooklyn

bhalistix

It is I
Seriously? So black people only starting owning homes until the 90's is that what they are trying to say.

These posters are filled with ignorance. When black people starting caring about their families first that is the only way progress will happen.

here in lies my problem with SWAGGAIDIOTIC (there are others), any reason for him to stand on his soap box and project his (their) perceive superiority and start talk shit about black people.

Ms.Josiewhales

so if that black woman did not win the oscar u know alyuh Blacks would be angry, so she win and its still a problem?

stop living in the projects all your lives

stop puttin rims on your care when you livin paycheck to paycheck,

stop sagging your pants to your ankles,

stop spendin the whole day on twitter talkin about Beyonce, Rihanna, Chris Brown etc

stop feeding your kids fried chicken and kool aid for breakfast

stop cussing out your kids in public especially

stop flooding the lines of Mickey dees, Burger King, Popeye etc everyday

stop calling each other n word in every sentence

stop waiting to cop the latest jordans and purchasin it off of your credit card

stop acting a fool in public

stop wasting your salary on remy weave

stop makin different kids for different random thugs

stop limiting yourselves and living on self pity

Whites are the least of the problems facing Black America right now

Negro...NO I would not have been angry in fact I didn't even watch the movie...Tho "ratchetness" is real most of these things are vaguely real problems with serious consequences. It does not excuse the truths in the posters...Nearly none of these things are up for discussion in comparison to the thread poster's posters...

I'm not sure what else to say about these stereo types especially the chicken and kool-aid for breakfast...

I mean if one were to stop all the of above...what would it change exactly?

The way we are treated?
The way fast food restaurants target blacks?
The roles we are offered in movies?
Less ppl see ur boxers/briefs?
What should we eat for breakfast?
What should we start discussing all day on twitter exactly?
Are we better individuals by dressing like whom exactly?

We need to approach it in a more positive direction...Instead of telling ppl wat NOT to do specifically.

Love yourself and know ur self worth and encourage others who are lacking if you already know yours.

Ur expertise in pointing out flaws is only insulting...

Don't use the hahaha I'm better than u approach...IGNORANCE IS BLISS! Most of the time humans (not just black people) respond negatively to insults...Its produces no result but resentment.

If u really don't care it comes off as such...I wonder what type of things are discussed on ur twitter page...I'm hoping positive uplifting talk with encouraging pictures of black love and black people doing positive things? I hate to judge but probably not judging from ur tone...

Negro...NO I would not have been angry in fact I didn't even watch the movie...Tho "ratchetness" is real most of these things are vaguely real problems with serious consequences. It does not excuse the truths in the posters...Nearly none of these things are up for discussion in comparison to the thread poster's posters...

I'm not sure what else to say about these stereo types especially the chicken and kool-aid for breakfast...

I mean if one were to stop all the of above...what would it change exactly?

The way we are treated?
The way fast food restaurants target blacks?
The roles we are offered in movies?
Less ppl see ur boxers/briefs?
What should we eat for breakfast?
What should we start discussing all day on twitter exactly?
Are we better individuals by dressing like whom exactly?

We need to approach it in a more positive direction...Instead of telling ppl wat NOT to do specifically.

Love yourself and know ur self worth and encourage others who are lacking if you already know yours.

Ur expertise in pointing out flaws is only insulting...

Don't use the hahaha I'm better than u approach...IGNORANCE IS BLISS! Most of the time humans (not just black people) respond negatively to insults...Its produces no result but resentment.

If u really don't care it comes off as such...I wonder what type of things are discussed on ur twitter page...I'm hoping positive uplifting talk with encouraging pictures of black love and black people doing positive things? I hate to judge but probably not judging from ur tone...
first to begin, Ms Josie Whales, who are you? where are you from? Are you W.I? i need this info in order to answer your questions

Oneshot

where de crix
Fast Foods target blacks lol..

SERIOUSLY people. Most of the fast food joints are franchises, owned by small business owners. These people see a market.
We are the market, and they will serve our tastes.

Ms.Josiewhales

Fast Foods target blacks lol..

SERIOUSLY people. Most of the fast food joints are franchises, owned by small business owners. These people see a market.
We are the market, and they will serve our tastes.
No one knew about a fast food burger till it was created...by whom I wonder not blacks I'm almost certain since most of us dnt have the opportunity or means to open a franchise...I'm not sure if Popeyes is black owned but not that concerned and I do doubt it...Correct me if I'm wrong...

I think the concept was to target broke ppl...They've never even attempted to put a mcDonalds in a suburban neighborhood...U can find them in strip malls near the suburbs but not quite in the actual Neighborhoods...Whites do eat there tho...

bhalistix

It is I
No one knew about a fast food burger till it was created...by whom I wonder not blacks I'm almost certain since most of us dnt have the opportunity or means to open a franchise...I'm not sure if Popeyes is black owned but not that concerned and I do doubt it...Correct me if I'm wrong...

I think the concept was to target broke ppl...They've never even attempted to put a mcDonalds in a suburban neighborhood...U can find them in strip malls near the suburbs but not quite in the actual Neighborhoods...Whites do eat there tho...
someone forms a business model targeting broke people?????? am i reading this right :rofl:. they never tried and you know this for a fact, maybe you surburban neighbor hood is a residential zone and commercial property can't be built there.

Ms.Josiewhales

someone forms a business model targeting broke people?????? am i reading this right :rofl:. they never tried and you know this for a fact, maybe you surburban neighbor hood is a residential zone and commercial property can't be built there.
Its a great business tactic...If I sold the official Jordans for 20$ (not that its possible) I'd make maaaad money...no one would shop at foot locker anymore LOL

Why do u think Walmart is successful?

Oneshot

where de crix

you cant put certain businesses in certain neighbourhoods, because of zoning laws. The laws are determined by the people who live there.

And to get a franchise, most major ones have programs that encourage minorities, women and veterans to own one. Black Enterprise profiles them very often.

Ms.Josiewhales

Oh POW who is responsible for that? Local or State Government...We don't have that level of say in that stuff...

For instance you would have a hard time erecting a liquor store in a suburb but its quite easy to do on every other corner of the "hood residential neighborhood"

Oneshot

where de crix
Oh POW who is responsible for that? Local or State Government...We don't have that level of say in that stuff...

For instance you would have a hard time erecting a liquor store in a suburb but its quite easy to do on every other corner of the "hood residential neighborhood"
blame the residents.

bhalistix

It is I
Its a great business tactic...If I sold the official Jordans for 20$ (not that its possible) I'd make maaaad money...no one would shop at foot locker anymore LOL

Why do u think Walmart is successful?
are you kidding me.... you have a warped business mind.... i will let you figure it out
\

Ms.Josiewhales

are you kidding me.... you have a warped business mind.... i will let you figure it out
\
LOL I sense condescension...I always go to the cheaper store...I dnt shop at Walmart though...I can't stand being there. Haven't had MickeyD's in about a year either but...but why pay more if u dnt have to?

Oneshot

where de crix
For not opposing them...I do...But that is all they are guilty of and supporting those businesses...But only drinkers support them...Why wouldn't they?
yes thats correct but also in setting the zoning laws. need to old our elected officials accountable.

bhalistix

It is I
LOL I sense condescension...I always go to the cheaper store...I dnt shop at Walmart though...I can't stand being there. Haven't had MickeyD's in about a year either but...but why pay more if u dnt have to?
oh no not at all. You are mistaking in thinking that Walmart business model is to target broke people. if that was that case they would not set up the stores in predominantly white suburbs miles away from the inner city.