Any of you seen these billboards popping up in Brooklyn

jamaicangirl

Boonoonoonoos
Wow! I haven't been in Brooklyn since about two weeks but I didn't see anything like that anywhere.

I especially like the police brutality one because the others are subjective. I always wonder why blacks take stereotypical roles (drug dealer, maid, poor person, fat loud woman, etc.) but then the actors say that they need to work. I always ask why blacks eat all that crap and they point out that its cheap and fast and I eat my bun and cheese and patty and coco bread so ah di same ting. I went to two years of high school here and I used to see the African American pickney dem get detention all the time but people used to say that it was because they acted up or tried to play hard because that was seen as positive in the black community.

But police discrimination is objective. No one can argue about that.... Raw statistics. :cool:

Inquistive

Wow! I haven't been in Brooklyn since about two weeks but I didn't see anything like that anywhere.

I especially like the police brutality one because the others are subjective. I always wonder why blacks take stereotypical roles (drug dealer, maid, poor person, fat loud woman, etc.) but then the actors say that they need to work. I always ask why blacks eat all that crap and they point out that its cheap and fast and I eat my bun and cheese and patty and coco bread so ah di same ting. I went to two years of high school here and I used to see the African American pickney dem get detention all the time but people used to say that it was because they acted up or tried to play hard because that was seen as positive in the black community.

But police discrimination is objective. No one can argue about that.... Raw statistics. :cool:
This is true.

Black kids are more likely to be part of a lower socioeconomical class. Kids of poorer backgrounds disproportionately misbehave at schools. The reason for this is up for debate.

I agree though. Stop and frisk is a serious case of racial discrimination.

sankofaa

This is true.

Black kids are more likely to be part of a lower socioeconomical class. Kids of poorer backgrounds disproportionately misbehave at schools. The reason for this is up for debate.

I agree though. Stop and frisk is a serious case of racial discrimination.
Yup. And new Yorkers defend it.

so if that black woman did not win the oscar u know alyuh Blacks would be angry, so she win and its still a problem?

stop living in the projects all your lives

stop puttin rims on your care when you livin paycheck to paycheck,

stop sagging your pants to your ankles,

stop spendin the whole day on twitter talkin about Beyonce, Rihanna, Chris Brown etc

stop feeding your kids fried chicken and kool aid for breakfast

stop cussing out your kids in public especially

stop flooding the lines of Mickey dees, Burger King, Popeye etc everyday

stop calling each other n word in every sentence

stop waiting to cop the latest jordans and purchasin it off of your credit card

stop acting a fool in public

stop wasting your salary on remy weave

stop makin different kids for different random thugs

stop limiting yourselves and living on self pity

Whites are the least of the problems facing Black America right now

bhalistix

It is I
so if that black woman did not win the oscar u know alyuh Blacks would be angry, so she win and its still a problem?

stop living in the projects all your lives

stop puttin rims on your care when you livin paycheck to paycheck,

stop sagging your pants to your ankles,

stop spendin the whole day on twitter talkin about Beyonce, Rihanna, Chris Brown etc

stop feeding your kids fried chicken and kool aid for breakfast

stop cussing out your kids in public especially

stop flooding the lines of Mickey dees, Burger King, Popeye etc everyday

stop calling each other n word in every sentence

stop waiting to cop the latest jordans and purchasin it off of your credit card

stop acting a fool in public

stop wasting your salary on remy weave

stop makin different kids for different random thugs

stop limiting yourselves and living on self pity

Whites are the least of the problems facing Black America right now
i always wonder what have you accomplished in life or what path have you paved in you life, what direction have your gauge your moral campus on, that gives you reason to stand on your milk cart and talk down at black people, like you have set some barometer by which they should measure success.

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
i always wonder what have you accomplished in life or what path have you paved in you life, what direction have your gauge your moral campus on, that gives you reason to stand on your milk cart and talk down at black people, like you have set some barometer by which they should measure success.
i actually agree with some of what he said. it's fine to point out where ppl are falling short and can do better, but there's a way in which you do it. honestly, i feel a lot of ppl end up limiting themselves when it comes to how much they can/can't accomplish b/c they don't open their minds enough. could be due to the fact that they just aren't exposed to options or just don't feel like it..idk. ::shrug::

bhalistix

It is I
i actually agree with some of what he said. it's fine to point out where ppl are falling short and can do better, but there's a way in which you do it. honestly, i feel a lot of ppl end up limiting themselves when it comes to how much they can/can't accomplish b/c they don't open their minds enough. could be due to the fact that they just aren't exposed to options or just don't feel like it..idk. ::shrug::

yeh like which ones?

stop living in the projects, living in the project makes or breaks a man character

Stop eating fast food, wow and strike on a mans character

stop sagging you pants, or now thats a sure sign you will amount to nothing, you are destined to the confines of our prison systems.

ladyrastafari

Notchilous
they wouldnt be placed in white neighborhoods cos they targeted towards black people lol.. i have to think about that mcdonald's one though... i will do some investiquiring lol

bhalistix

It is I
PS: these billboards aint saying SH!T either.

black actress as still playing the role of maids???????

smoking company targetting black people?????

They don't build mc donalds in white neighbor hoods?????

WTF

I am stating the facts about a high percentage of Blacks in this country.

I did not create the problems, I highlighted them

agroDOLCE

SweetfuhDayz
yeh like which ones?

stop living in the projects, living in the project makes or breaks a man character

Stop eating fast food, wow and strike on a mans character

stop sagging you pants, or now thats a sure sign you will amount to nothing, you are destined to the confines of our prison systems.
like stop living paycheck to paycheck and putting rims on your car, the pants sagging thing, acting a fool in public...

i think you're taking it to an extreme when you say that's a sure sign you'll amount to nothing. point is that when you know better and can do better, why not?

bhalistix

It is I
like stop living paycheck to paycheck and putting rims on your car, the pants sagging thing, acting a fool in public...

i think you're taking it to an extreme when you say that's a sure sign you'll amount to nothing. point is that when you know better and can do better, why not?
:cool:

bhalistix

It is I
I am stating the facts about a high percentage of Blacks in this country.

I did not create the problems, I highlighted them
high percentage of blk people, where the fukk you get that percentage from. I all you highlights you forgot to answer the question because you know in truth there is nothing you have done/.

Oneshot

where de crix
This is dumb. Aren't building permissions controlled by the committee?

If they want to really talk, talk about the hispanic and arab bodego owners that lobbied against having PathMark in Harlem.

Oneshot

where de crix
Seriously? So black people only starting owning homes until the 90's is that what they are trying to say.

These posters are filled with ignorance. When black people starting caring about their families first that is the only way progress will happen.