Anonymous Gift Giver Left $15, 000 Diamond Ring to Stranger

What would you do if you found a $15,000 ring and note in your car?

• Total voters

Blu

Doux Comme Sucre
Forlorn Lover Leaves Ring in Unlocked Car

CNN An anonymous gift-giver left this $15,000 diamond engagement ring to the owner of an unlocked car.

-------------------------------------------------------------

WESTBOROUGH, Mass. (Dec. 15) - An anonymous gift-giver, apparently depressed over a lost love, left a $15,000 diamond engagement ring in somebody's else's unlocked car in a commuter parking lot.

The ring came in a box topped with a white bow and accompanied by a note, which read: "Merry Christmas. Thank you for leaving your car door unlocked. Instead of stealing your car I gave you a present. Hopefully this will land in the hands of someone you love, for my love is gone now. Merry Christmas to you."

A 37-year-old Northborough man found the three-diamond, white gold ring on the seat of his car, which he had parked at the MBTA train station in Westborough on Dec. 7, The MetroWest Daily News of Framingham reported Thursday.

He called police to report the find four days later, after he had the ring appraised.

"This appears to be random, but we don't really know," said police Lt. Paul Donnelly.

Police declined to identify the man. A police report said he had decided to keep the ring.

What would you do if you found a $15,000 ring and note in your car?
Keep it?
Try to find the owner to give it back?
Try to find the owner and thank him?
Donate it?

Last edited:

elq

Cleophus aka pupah lashie
bluestar said:
What would you do if you found a $15,000 ring and forlorn note in your car?
Keep it?
Donate it?

maad hanukkah shopping son!
dreidels fuh days!

RotiKing2004eva

bluestar said:
Forlorn Lover Leaves Ring in Unlocked Car

CNN An anonymous gift-giver left this $15,000 diamond engagement ring to the owner of an unlocked car.

-------------------------------------------------------------

WESTBOROUGH, Mass. (Dec. 15) - An anonymous gift-giver, apparently depressed over a lost love, left a $15,000 diamond engagement ring in somebody's else's unlocked car in a commuter parking lot.

The ring came in a box topped with a white bow and accompanied by a note, which read: "Merry Christmas. Thank you for leaving your car door unlocked. Instead of stealing your car I gave you a present. Hopefully this will land in the hands of someone you love, for my love is gone now. Merry Christmas to you."

A 37-year-old Northborough man found the three-diamond, white gold ring on the seat of his car, which he had parked at the MBTA train station in Westborough on Dec. 7, The MetroWest Daily News of Framingham reported Thursday.

He called police to report the find four days later, after he had the ring appraised.

"This appears to be random, but we don't really know," said police Lt. Paul Donnelly.

Police declined to identify the man. A police report said he had decided to keep the ring.

What would you do if you found a $15,000 ring and forlorn note in your car?
Keep it?
Donate it?
SCHUPTZ...I'M 5 MINUTES AWAY FROM WESTBOROUGH...I woulda sell dat ring and bank de $$$. Simple.

S

sharkie

ebay, i'd start the bidding at $15,000....so i breakin even regardless...and i selllin de note too :)

elq

XtasyReds said:
So I am the only one who would want to give it back? :O

man leaves 15K ring in your UNLOCKED car on purpose and you want to give it back?

correction: you would be de only dumbass who would want to give it back :mamba: but we still cool :mamba: :mamba:

XtasyReds

Letterist
elq said:
man leaves 15K ring in your UNLOCKED car on purpose and you want to give it back?

correction: you would be de only dumbass who would want to give it back :mamba: but we still cool :mamba: :mamba:

I gine beat you just now!

There just seems to be something somber about it. What if the person went and commit suicide? Something just doesn't feel right about this

S

sharkie

elq said:

hadda be!!

i mean, it woulda be cuter if it were a chick who got the ring...and she was single....and she found him...and they went out...and got married.

but my ass was keepin that like WHAPS.

Mystic Xtremist

xtremeintl.com
elq said:

damn son....you really hate it when ppl look a gift horsie in de mouff eh?

elq

sharkbait said:
hadda be!!

i mean, it woulda be cuter if it were a chick who got the ring...and she was single....and she found him...and they went out...and got married.

but my ass was keepin that like WHAPS.
u need tuh watch more jerry springer and maury and leave de mills and boones alone.

XtasyReds

Letterist
Mystic Xtremist said:
well Detective Reds, how do you propose we go about locating the forlorn lover :polling:

Maybe I would just give it to the police. I am still stuck on what happened to the person who left it there. What if jump off a bridge or something so? It just would not feel right to me.

M

Mad Scorpion

elq said:

:rofl: