All my peeps with locs....

RenzePenze

Shitsuren Kyuka
Has anyone here found a way to deal with "hair lint" besides cutting. I'm spending for time at work picking my hair than anything else
I have found soaking in vinegar and I use this shampoo which I think works well on my hair
has gotten rid of a lot of my lint problems. And I used to get a lot of particles from dance and costume changes.

triniprincess76

I'm in love
well DSP.....i ain really have no tips nah............yuh c wit me i came to realize dat the purpose why i started dreads, which was not in a sense for fashion......but to ease my pockets and to ease the worries of havin to do hair and ting in de mornins and so forth......which is why it does stay in a bush for weeks on end.......its easier for me that way, i put on meh net at night, wake up spray someting in it, give two shakes and i out de door, but there are times when im like yea, is bout time dis head wash and i will wash it, but lately ive been so busy and tired in DE, that i just have de gyul here in NY do it for me, which leads to the styles, and spontaneus coloring

now with that said, here are some recent pix from my hair, done yesterday
This is really cute!

I just passed the 4 month mark...and I want a blasted style! But mih hairdresser tell mih tuh be patient. lol...I haven't taken any pictures this month yet, but here's 3 months!

Sunfiyah

They Call Me Kween
This is really cute!

I just passed the 4 month mark...and I want a blasted style! But mih hairdresser tell mih tuh be patient. lol...I haven't taken any pictures this month yet, but here's 3 months!
babyluv at that length u can more than do a style..........and yuh say u aint have a pic from this month, and de month soon done, which means yuh hair longer than in dem pics.......so yes u can do a style

u want to try my lady or wah?

she will hook it up man

Caribsun

SocaLuvinYardieGyal
Hello everyone!! New to this board and I'm just in awe at how beautiful so many peeps locs are!! Been looking for a good resource to ask questions and find good information on maintaining locs.

I started growing mine on Feb 19 of last year and mine are just passed shoulder length (my babies!)

I'm hispanic and just wanted to know if the these types of maint. will still work on my texture of hair. THX FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE!!:D

Bienvenidos! Welcome! Tell us more about your hair...how did you start your locs, what you use on them now, and if you do them yourself vs. going to the salon. That will give us a better sense of what's going on. If they're past shoulder length, then you must be doing something right...:grin: also, post a pic when you're ready...

Libralove83

Ęmρ®ëśš VăńєŞŞâ
well DSP.....i ain really have no tips nah............yuh c wit me i came to realize dat the purpose why i started dreads, which was not in a sense for fashion......but to ease my pockets and to ease the worries of havin to do hair and ting in de mornins and so forth......which is why it does stay in a bush for weeks on end.......its easier for me that way, i put on meh net at night, wake up spray someting in it, give two shakes and i out de door, but there are times when im like yea, is bout time dis head wash and i will wash it, but lately ive been so busy and tired in DE, that i just have de gyul here in NY do it for me, which leads to the styles, and spontaneus coloring

now with that said, here are some recent pix from my hair, done yesterday
i love it!!!

triniprincess76

I'm in love
babyluv at that length u can more than do a style..........and yuh say u aint have a pic from this month, and de month soon done, which means yuh hair longer than in dem pics.......so yes u can do a style

u want to try my lady or wah?

she will hook it up man
I in Orlando! :kicks

But she invite mih tuh she 30th birthday party next month...so since mih appointment is three days before de party...ah going tuh tell her ah want ah style fuh de party!

NicaRican

Bienvenidos! Welcome! Tell us more about your hair...how did you start your locs, what you use on them now, and if you do them yourself vs. going to the salon. That will give us a better sense of what's going on. If they're past shoulder length, then you must be doing something right...:grin: also, post a pic when you're ready...
muchisimas gracias!!
Weeeeell....My hair is naturally very curly. I had two people start my locs for me by doing the backcombing method. Since then I've been using wax through this company called Knottyboy out of Canada. And for shampoo been going through a company called DreadheadHQ.
I do all the maint. myself and instead of twisting them I have to "palm-roll" them. I tried twisting in the beginning and it ended up loosening them.
good to know that i must be doing something right!

I will post up a pic later today. I'm having issues with some of them not locking up at the ends. So it looks like...a nice loc...then it curls at the end. It's odd! I kinda want some nice rounded tips!

Yay...everyone on here sounds so helpful. Glad I found this place:yahoo:

P

Poca

ok people i am having a hair crisis....
i am getting more and more upset with my hair.
i find that my locs are looking dull and boring.
The roots are thinning and even the locs themselves
are thinner than what i would like. i know my hair is natural thin,
but i don't like the way it's looking right now.

i am thinking about switching from interloc to continue
with the regular way of doing locs. but i really don't think
that i will be able to do it myslef since i don't know
anyway who can do it.

i thought about dying it black, but i am worried it would make
me look strick... i am anxious about dying other colors as i
am not sure i will like the result.

so what to do.

Caribsun

SocaLuvinYardieGyal
muchisimas gracias!!
Weeeeell....My hair is naturally very curly. I had two people start my locs for me by doing the backcombing method. Since then I've been using wax through this company called Knottyboy out of Canada. And for shampoo been going through a company called DreadheadHQ.
I do all the maint. myself and instead of twisting them I have to "palm-roll" them. I tried twisting in the beginning and it ended up loosening them.

I will post up a pic later today. I'm having issues with some of them not locking up at the ends. So it looks like...a nice loc...then it curls at the end. It's odd! I kinda want some nice rounded tips!

Con mucho gusto....

A pic will help...since your hair is naturally curly, your ends may not have the same rounded tip as someone with thicker hair. It sounds like you'll have to work with your hair's texture. Have you been by the Knottyboy shop to see what they have to say about that? As long as your locs are intact, you should be fine (i.e., they're not in danger of unraveling).

Post a pic when possible.

Caribsun

SocaLuvinYardieGyal
ok people i am having a hair crisis....
i am getting more and more upset with my hair.
i find that my locs are looking dull and boring.
The roots are thinning and even the locs themselves
are thinner than what i would like. i know my hair is natural thin,
but i don't like the way it's looking right now.

i am thinking about switching from interloc to continue
with the regular way of doing locs. but i really don't think
that i will be able to do it myslef since i don't know
anyway who can do it.

i thought about dying it black, but i am worried it would make
me look strick... i am anxious about dying other colors as i
am not sure i will like the result.

so what to do.

If you're interlocking with a tool on a regular basis, I hear the locs will get thinner over time....perhaps you should stop and return to palming it for a while...or latching with your fingers instead. You may want to find a natural hair salon or other veteran lockers who can look at your hair, touch it, and see what can be done. Sounds like everyone hits a slump at some point, but can bounce back. Do you think coloring it has been a part of the problem?
How old are your locs?

triniprincess76

I'm in love
muchisimas gracias!!

I'm currently on my 2nd set of locs...the 1st set I had for 6 years...and I still had some that had curls at the end...the sooner I accepted that, the better it was for me...just enjoy it same way. :clapping:

I have naturally curly hair as well...and I'm just happy they decide to matt together! :lol

P

Poca

my hairdresser uses her finger to interloc them. she does her hair and my friend's hair too but theirs look so thick and full. also they both dye their locs black with a natural dye ( i forgot the name) that makes their locs look all shiny an nice. i have never colored my locs and i really do not fell like doing it, but i hope it will make me find a new love for them.

If you're interlocking with a tool on a regular basis, I hear the locs will get thinner over time....perhaps you should stop and return to palming it for a while...or latching with your fingers instead. You may want to find a natural hair salon or other veteran lockers who can look at your hair, touch it, and see what can be done. Sounds like everyone hits a slump at some point, but can bounce back. Do you think coloring it has been a part of the problem?
How old are your locs?

Caribsun

SocaLuvinYardieGyal
Talk with your stylist and see what she can recommend. I hear that Jamaica Mango Lime's Cactus SErum works for thinning hair. Check out ORS products too.

Conscious

Banned
This is really cute!

I'm currently on my 2nd set of locs...the 1st set I had for 6 years...and I still had some that had curls at the end...the sooner I accepted that, the better it was for me...just enjoy it same way. :clapping:

I have naturally curly hair as well...and I'm just happy they decide to matt together! :lol
Shoulda neva cut them! :friends:

JaSocaLuva

De Soca'Robics Instructor
Try Surge

Talk with your stylist and see what she can recommend. I hear that Jamaica Mango Lime's Cactus SErum works for thinning hair. Check out ORS products too.
Another good product line is Surge Hair Care Products. Try the spray called Plus 14. Supposed to make your hair thicker in 14 days. I did use it when I first started my locs and every so often I go back to it. I really like it.

Sooooo....I did a comparison shot to see how much progress has been made. The first picture is September 06 and the second is October 07. Excuse me fuh looking so sleepy :pardon:, but all in all I'm glad with the progress! :yahoo:

DeSocaPrincess

Be like water
Another good product line is Surge Hair Care Products. Try the spray called Plus 14. Supposed to make your hair thicker in 14 days. I did use it when I first started my locs and every so often I go back to it. I really like it.

Sooooo....I did a comparison shot to see how much progress has been made. The first picture is September 06 and the second is October 07. Excuse me fuh looking so sleepy :pardon:, but all in all I'm glad with the progress! :yahoo:
wow..nice

ur hair looks very nice.. i remember when u first started growing them.....
where can i find tht product at, my hair is very thin and breaking.... for some reason it seems as though it been the same length for 2 years now.... and i think tht's because of the breakage...

Caribsun

SocaLuvinYardieGyal

Very nice...:clapping: Hair is getting longer by the day! Nice to know that we can have long hair that's all "home grown." :grin: