Your own Business...

Brown Eyes

..this has come up in a few forums and conversations - the need for more people to focus on owning their own business...So I am curious...

What business would you like to own, if you do not already?
If you already own one, what field is it in?

Brown Eyes

Good Luck!

I have not seen many minority owned firms in that respect..One just opened near my house and was amazed that it was minority owned....
Dougla_Ting said:
My goal is to one day own my own Interior Architecture and Design Firm.

soca junkie

strength, courage, wisdom
i'm working on my own graphic design firm, that I want to grow into a full marketing consulting company

S

Solidarity

sunshine, when yuh say minority...yuh talkin bout people of colour or what?

as for de question, which is a good one cuz we need to focus on dis fih real: in addition to the "day" job i do a likkle small business bookkeeping/income tax ting out of my home. i get tempted to make this the thing that i do but owning and operating a restaurant is more towards what i'm leaning...

Brown Eyes

That's great!

Good Luck! :D

Graphic arts was one of my interests, but never quite got there..Too much requested of me for the school of design:O

soca junkie said:
i'm working on my own graphic design firm, that I want to grow into a full marketing consulting company

S

Solidarity

trinisunshine said:
Good Question!

Actually, I meant it for color and gender.
Yuh find dat "people of colour and women" does tek too long, or is too much of a mouthful?

Brown Eyes

Actually, didn't want to give specifics to pigeon hole the statement.

For example - using "people of colour and women" would mean that I was only speaking of "women of colour" thereby excluding "men of colour".

Solidarity said:
Yuh find dat "people of colour and women" does tek too long, or is too much of a mouthful?

S

Solidarity

trinisunshine said:
Actually, didn't want to give specifics to pigeon hole the statement.

For example - using "people of colour and women" would mean that I was only speaking of "women of colour" thereby excluding "men of colour".
Interesting difference of perspective. i take "people of colour and women" to mean all people of colour (women & men) and white women....or in other words "the global majority."

Jason kiDD

Super Moderator
I have many ideas. Computer consulting, auto shop, sensual massage parlor, Computer Hardware, Nightclub to name a few..

All I need know is capital, which I can get through government grants. And a solid team with a business plan..

:)

R

Ragga007

trinisunshine said:
..this has come up in a few forums and conversations - the need for more people to focus on owning their own business...So I am curious...

I would like to OWN FUNERAL HOMES in BLACK URBAN NEIGHBORHOODS. It is GUARANTEED to turn a PROFIT.

Calabash

ToFwAm
i want to own my own business
but i am still brainstorming on it., like phat I have quite a few things on my mind.
but i will, in the near future

S

Solidarity

PhatJamz kiDD said:
I have many ideas. Computer consulting, auto shop, sensual massage parlor, Computer Hardware, Nightclub to name a few..

All I need know is capital, which I can get through government grants. And a solid team with a business plan..

:)
Whheeeyy...a walkin conglomerate. :p

Seriously man, best of luck and nuff guidance...remember to treat your employees well!

P

Pebbles362436

trinisunshine said:

Event Management/Productions

Brown Eyes

Re: Re: Your own Business...

normally I chuckle at your responses tuh meh..But that was definitely in poor taste.. :rolleyes:
Ragga007 said:
I would like to OWN FUNERAL HOMES in BLACK URBAN NEIGHBORHOODS. It is GUARANTEED to turn a PROFIT.

Brown Eyes

PJK:

Interestingly enough, some of those also crossed my mind tuh do...

Calabash: I have had a couple ideas over the years, but haven't quite pinpointed what exactly.

Pebbles: Good Luck!:D

Solidarity: Agreed on the interpretation of words...That's why I try to watch how/what I say/type to ensure it can not be misconstrued..:cool: