Yet another early Ragga Soca track from T&T that proves the Vincies did not start it!

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Pardy the cocoa dub is not an instrumental, stop acting senile.
https://www.becketcyrusmusic.com/music

Like I said, nunu, there is a preview of it on the music section of Becket's website, 5 albums down, on the left hand side, by Alston Becket Cyrus "the Singles File". Track #6 ,Cocoa(reggae), with a Jamaican nikka chanting pon it.

But i know dis is d part when yo pretend yo dotish cah yo ketch in yo fkry.

N for the record nunu, ragga soca don't need chanting on it to be ragga, is d riddim jackass...d riddim.

Teaser, Oil Pumpin, Body in Control, Pump me up, Fool Around..dem chune dey is some examples of ragga soca dat dor have no chanting pon dem.
Lord Laro was doing this before Becket. In fact Becket probably got inspired to do that Cocoa reggae track after hearing that style of reggae-lypso from Lord Laro who was renowned for doing that style during the 1970's.

Lord Laro feat. Trinity - Corn Plum Plum (1979)
<iframe width="550" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zElza2ijJLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Written by Kenneth Lara and Produced by Paul Khouri;
Click this link for more details: https://www.discogs.com/Lord-Lard-Corn-Plum-Plum/release/3109366

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Now pineman, i find a preview of the beccket coca dub from 1980/81, i dey pon d man website...sucks to be you soca pro..another myth debunked. This song have the same style aryo claim laro start, but look again all roads pointing to becket. Only ting i dunno how to embed the preview on islandmix. Now I see u as more honest than socahoe so I trust you and anybody else who interested in learning something will click the link

https://www.becketcyrusmusic.com/music

scroll down 5 albums down, on the left hand side, to album named Alston Becket Cyrus "The Single Files". Play the preview marked cocoa reggae n tell wah u hearin, daiz na d same style aryo tryna claim??? It even have a reggae/dancehall artist chanting pon it right dey in d preview. Sorry man but i doh buy aryo story, I grow up lissenin to dem chunes here ppl ain foolin me just so. Like i said all you or any body else have to do is listen to the cocoa (reggae) preview on the link above. Is only cause they chunes hard to find in digital form u see some comedy boy could fool deyself. I garn...school is out.

VP yo move sloppy, yo get a C-
Hey......please don't be evasive like VP......

Please, i am trying to learn something here....unlike VP i dont care to state i know it all......

Socapro.....please hold up for a second......please let him anawer the simple questions......

Mr Crafty,

Again.....listen, i am a lover of Soca....music lover in general...i appreciate all music.

I could care less if you or VP give the yardies credit for this aspect of it ......all i am asking is to help me be informed so i have my facts straight......without going on tangents....

Since you and VP claim the Jamaicans have nothing to do with Ragga Soca......fair enough, can you please....

1) when was it defined as such Ragga Soca
A textbook definition

2) By who...

3) and if you can provide the first songs or songs and year.

No long talk like Vp......thanks.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
I have the answers with the evidence to answer your questions Socapineman but I will hold up as you requested to see what Mr Crafty comes up with. Let's hope he is not as evasive and crafty as VP. :cool:

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Lord Laro was doing this before Becket. In fact Becket probably got inspired to do that Cocoa reggae track after hearing that style of reggae-lypso from Lord Laro who was renowned for doing that style during the 1970's.

Lord Laro feat. Trinity - Corn Plum Plum (1979)
<iframe width="550" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zElza2ijJLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Written by Kenneth Lara and Produced by Paul Khouri;
Click this link for more details: https://www.discogs.com/Lord-Lard-Corn-Plum-Plum/release/3706827
Thanks......Big Post here......

Again, i am only interested in getting the facts and the timeline straight.......cleary, i just listen to that Cocoa......ok, to your point, numerous other Calypsoians did it before.

I am not trying to minimize St Vincent's role in all of this......i just find it suspect that VP keep throwing out these claims....lol....i never paid attn to these who started it first.....but as of lately....i have to start fact checking him due to a post he had put up.....and in my mind...i was saying....what a playa hater......i didnt make him know.....but he had just min an artist from Jamaica.....and i was saying....oh...i see, it is all about him and St.Vincent......hence i have to keep a watch out now to secure on little bit of history that we played in all of this.

So thanks.....let's see...what he come up with.

Mr_Crafty

Thanks......Big Post here......

Again, i am only interested in getting the facts and the timeline straight.......cleary, i just listen to that Cocoa......ok, to your point, numerous other Calypsoians did it before.

I am not trying to minimize St Vincent's role in all of this......i just find it suspect that VP keep throwing out these claims....lol....i never paid attn to these who started it first.....but as of lately....i have to start fact checking him due to a post he had put up.....and in my mind...i was saying....what a playa hater......i didnt make him know.....but he had just min an artist from Jamaica.....and i was saying....oh...i see, it is all about him and St.Vincent......hence i have to keep a watch out now to secure on little bit of history that we played in all of this.

So thanks.....let's see...what he come up with.
Sorry boss but how that plum plum chune come ragga soca now?? daz a reggae riddim, n u sayin i evasive?

yeah.... u had sumting wid irie tempo n d soca horns but da plum plum chune aint have no soca in it sorry.

Ps I never say Jamaicans ain't ad nuttin infact i just tell u d cocoa dub chune had a unknown jamaican chanting on it, i even give u props for the yellow man chune wid chanting in it plus even the love dub by becket have a jamaican chanting in it. so careful wid dem ole face accusations dey bossman. N is funny u accusing me of that shit when soca hoe is d one use to say yo yellow man reggae calypso chune is more calypso than soca.. funny how nikkas forget shit. Neways pardy do yo thing, but i dun prove my point.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Sorry boss but how that plum plum chune come ragga soca now?? daz a reggae riddim, n u sayin i evasive?

yeah.... u had sumting wid irie tempo n d soca horns but da plum plum chune aint have no soca in it sorry.

Ps I never say Jamaicans ain't ad nuttin infact i just tell u d cocoa dub chune had a unknown jamaican chanting on it, i even give u props for the yellow man chune wid chanting in it plus even the love dub by becket have a jamaican chanting in it. so careful wid dem ole face accusations dey bossman. N is funny u accusing me of that shit when soca hoe is d one use to say yo yellow man reggae calypso chune is more calypso than soca.. funny how nikkas forget shit. Neways pardy do yo thing, but i dun prove my point.
As I was expecting you are being crafty and evasive and trying to distract from answering any of Socapineman's questions by trying to cast me as a player hater like yourself and VP.

I never argued anywhere against the Yellow Man track not being a soca. I acknowledge the song to be a fusion of reggae, calypso, soca and mento just as Yellow Man sings in the chorus of the song.

King Yellowman - Reggae Calypso (1984)
<iframe width="550" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jm1ojv7VdQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Written by Winston Foster; Producer – Jimmy Wynter

Also no one here ever argued that Lord Laro's "Corn Plum Plum" is ragga soca but you did try to argue in one of your previous post above that Becket was the first to do that calypso on a reggae beat style featuring a Dancehall DJ before Lord Laro did so I decided to provide the evidence to dismiss your erroneous statement.
In fact at first I thought that the flip side of Becket's "Cocoa" was a soca instrumental of the original with a reggae DJ possibly chanting until I listened to the clip you provided and realised it was simply a reggae remake version of Becket's original calypso/soca song.

While we wait for you to answer Socapineman's questions listed below let's take in another classic from Lord Laro this time fusing his calypso singing style with Reggae Mento and Rubber Dub Rockers.

Lord Laro - Disco Mento Rockers (1977)
<iframe width="550" height="350" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HEvS3bnzxy4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Written by Kenneth Lara and Produced by Paul Khouri

I am quoting the questions to you again from Socapineman:
Since you and VP claim the Jamaicans have nothing to do with Ragga Soca......fair enough, can you please....

A textbook definition

2) By who...

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador

Ok, fair enough, not you then VP......hold up....we getting off track again.....let's stay focus and dont make it personal, can you or not define the Ragga Soca era ?

Simple questions........the reason why, it seems imo that numerous islands such as Trinidad, St. Vincent, Grenada, Barbados, etc.....was fusing Reggae with Calypso and soca... .. so if that is the case, then VP claim is without merit and fair to say then those islands i pointed out had a major role in Ragga Soca. If it is defined by " slow down the beat.. "

So unless you guys can point to the exact date and song.. .it needs to stop, period.

Now, taking Socapro's definition.....ok, is t that not documented ?

Meaning......yeah, a lot did it before, but someone came with a legitimate definition and said this period......was Ragga Soca.....etc....

If someone is going to claim something......then prove the proof....it is that simple.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
If you can't, then just let VP try again......it seems that you jumped in and didnt realize that prior to that tune by Becket...Lord Laro from Trinidad and others were doing that type of fusing before.....which Socapro provided you some tracks......

Maybe the answer then is call it something else......because feom the def, it seems Ragga Soca is inline with the period Socapro stated....just my thoughts.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
We STILL GOING OVER the SAME EXAMPLES that I have ALREADY REFUTED??

What is the TOPIC here, RAGGA SOCA or something else??

When I get HOME tonight, I will give you the TIMELINE and the CHRONOLOGY of the ARTIST, STRAIGHT from the 1970's to the ENDING of 1990's, who GAVE BIRTH to and. NURTURED this GENRE.

ONE ARTIST.

He and his COLLABORATOR are the CREATORS of this GENRE KNOWN as RAGGA SOCA.

I see all kind of videos being shown and all I did was LOL n SMH.

SEE U GUYS LATER today.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Socapine, my FRIEND, U R TRULY SLOW and that is why you are EASILY HOODWINK by SOCAPRO.

But I am here to RESCUE U from his CLUTCHES, because I PAY ATTENTION to DETAILS, which U obviously DO NOT.

LATA.

Socapro

Repect Our Soca Pioneers
Hey Socapineman once VP also fails to answer your 3 simple questions as I expect him to, let me know and I can provided you and the other readers of this thread with the answers to your 3 questions that I discovered many years ago when I was researching into this topic.

I can even give details of what inspired the person who coined the term "Ragga Soca" to come up with the term.

Socapineman's simple questions that VP and Crafty seem unable to answer:

A textbook definition

2) By who...

PS: We can expect VP to post a lot of fluff in an effort to distract from answering your 3 simple questions.

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Socapine, my FRIEND, U R TRULY SLOW and that is why you are EASILY HOODWINK by SOCAPRO.

But I am here to RESCUE U from his CLUTCHES, because I PAY ATTENTION to DETAILS, which U obviously DO NOT.

LATA.

Smh, yeah Bro, lol....i am a Dunce, your time to shine !......the WWW is waiting....this is a defining moment for you here on Islandmix LLC.......waiting!

Hey Socapineman once VP also fails to answer your 3 simple questions as I expect him to, let me know and I can provided you and the other readers of this thread with the answers to your 3 questions that I discovered many years ago when I was researching into this topic.

I can even give details of what inspired the person who coined the term "Ragga Soca" to come up with the term.

Socapineman's simple questions that VP and Crafty seem unable to answer:

PS: We can expect VP to post a lot of fluff in an effort to distract from answering your 3 simple questions.
Can't wait... trust me !

socapineman

JA Soca Ambassador
Smh, Biggest stage......VP fail to answer the bell.....

Socapro,

Give him another night......he might be in Key West checking on his property......

#yellowbelly #Redbones #nopride #boom

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Smh, Biggest stage......VP fail to answer the bell.....

Socapro,

Give him another night......he might be in Key West checking on his property......

#yellowbelly #Redbones #nopride #boom
Socapine, when have you KNOWN ME DUCK anything, even though I am not as ACTIVE on this FORUM like I used to be.

I have way BIGGER FISHES to FRY than SOCA-AMATEUR in these TIMES.

I am only doing this EXERCISE because of having some TIME on my HAND.

I have some again, so let me GO and READ UP on where I LEFT OFF.

VINCYPOWA

Registered Member
Ok, fair enough, not you then VP......hold up....we getting off track again.....let's stay focus and dont make it personal, can you or not define the Ragga Soca era ?

Simple questions........the reason why, it seems imo that numerous islands such as Trinidad, St. Vincent, Grenada, Barbados, etc.....was fusing Reggae with Calypso and soca... .. so if that is the case, then VP claim is without merit and fair to say then those islands i pointed out had a major role in Ragga Soca. If it is defined by " slow down the beat.. "

So unless you guys can point to the exact date and song.. .it needs to stop, period.

Now, taking Socapro's definition.....ok, is t that not documented ?

Meaning......yeah, a lot did it before, but someone came with a legitimate definition and said this period......was Ragga Soca.....etc....

If someone is going to claim something......then prove the proof....it is that simple.
I have gone over this like a ZILLION TIMES.

It is as if I am in another EPISODE of GROUNDHOG DAY.

U talking about FUSING REGGAE and CALYPSO and I am talking about BLENDING SOCA and REGGAE and MAKING IT ONE.

I have OUTLINED BECKET and FRANKIE McIntosh, BOTH VINCENTIANS, being CREATORS of RAGGA SOCA.

Not a TRINI LIVING in Jamaica and who was CLEARLY MAKING REGGAE MUSIC which were ARRANGED by a JAMAICAN and PLAYED by JAMAICANS.

How U could give CREDIT to TRINIDAD for that is NOTHING more than UNADULTERATED SHAMELESSNESS.

With VINCYLAND, EVERY SINGLE THING is VINCY.

The ARTIST is VINCY and the ARRANGER is VINCY.

This is a VINCY CREATION, ORIGINAL RAGGA SOCA, NUMBER ONE.

We doh NEED any ASSISTANCE from ANYONE, because we KNOW how to DO this SHIT right.

That being said, it started off with "COMING HIGH"

Then it went to "Dig ME Calypso"

Then "TONI"

Then you had "Cocoa"

Then it was "DOH EASE UP"

Then "REGGAE, SOCA, CABARET"

Then it was "CHARMAINE"

Then "ST. VINCENT I THANK U"

Then came "LOVE IS THE ANSWER"

Then it was "WHAT ABOUT U"

Then it was the SWEET SWEET "TONE"

Then It was "MARIE ANNE"

Then it was "RIGHTS"

Then it was "TEN YEARS"

Then it was "I CRY"

Then it was "SINCE AH SMALL"/DANCEHALL SOCA" - a WHOLE FIVE YEARS before BYRON LEE'S "DANCEHALL SOCA". That was what the GENRE was called DURING that TIME, COINED by Becket.

Then it was "WINE-O-RAMA"

Then it was "THEY DANCING"

Then it was "SCREWS"

Then it was "GAL AH RUSH ME"

Then it was "TEASER"

Look, I cannot GO ON anymore, because I will be here ALL NIGHT.

This is by ONE ARTIST and ONE ARRANGER from the 1970's, then the 1980's and then unto the 1990.

They NEVER EVER MISSED a DECADE.

There is NO DOUBT who CREATED RAGGA SOCA.

I have heard songs that yo u guys have posted and you can TELL they're not even BLENDED PROPERLY. Most of them sounded like the ARRANGERS were just TRYING something.

In other words, there is NO BLENDING OF REGGAE and SOCA. Where you can HEAR the SOCA and the REGGAE BLENDING SEAMLESSLY together as ONE SOUND/BEAT.

That is why VINCY is the FIRST COUNTRY to take RAGGA SOCA to the BILLBOARD CHARTS.

WE did again with "NOOKIE"

We were the RAGGA SOCA NATION, because we were THROWING out all the BIG HITS.

We GINE do it again with "BRAVE".

And we will CONTINUE to do it again in 2018, because it is the HEART and SOUL of VINCY MUSIC.

And watch out for us with AFROSOCA, which we are again at the FOREFRONT of this GENRE.

We have the BEST RAGGA SOCA PRODUCERS and WE HAVE the BEST AFROSOCA PRODUCERS.

We're the LEADERS of the PACK.

If you guys do not see me for a BIT, it is because I have BIGGER FISHES to FRY.

But I will CHECK BACK now and then.

LATA.

YUHHHHHHHHH SEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

PS: LISTEN to how REGGAE and SOCA BLENDED SEAMLESSLY to CREATE RAGGA SOCA.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ECS7zSfjRCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AH WE TING this.

LATA